New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    they charges around 30 bucks for a kilometer or so. I don't think thats cheap, mas mura pang mag jeep.
    I was thinking about the cargo-carrying capability. Kumukuha na rin pala sila ng pasahero.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankDrebin
    I was thinking about the cargo-carrying capability. Kumukuha na rin pala sila ng pasahero
    Yup, I can't imagine what they charge if you have a lot of cargo. You'd be surprised how many people here in Binondo are lazy to walk, minsan 3 or 4 blocks lang lalakarin gusto pang mag pedicab, mga estudyante pa. Di lang road hazzard, traffic hazzard din.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    buti nalang medyo nabawasan na mga kalesa in chinatown

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I actually prefer Kalesas. They're slow, they don't "singit" and crowd you out, and the horse usually exhibits much more sense than pedicab/tricycle drivers.

Horse manure? Oks lang yan! Just use it to fertilize the trees used for sidewalk beautification!

IMHO, there really is no way to stop people from using vehicles like this. But the government should standardize the design (STRICTLY) and impose registration fee and require at least a motorcycle license for using them.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Those contraptions are called "Tricyboats". Gumagamit sila ng pump boat engines such as Briggs and Straton. Nagumpisa yan sa south, particularly Mindanao area. Ngayon kalat na. Sa Bicol, common na rin. Unang sumulpot sa Las Pinas dito sa NCR. It is definitely illegal as far as the major roads are concerned. Kaso mo, the government remains as tolerant as before sa ganitong mga livelihood. Tolerant nga ba o complacent? Wala tayong magagawa. Pilipinas to eh.....Ingat na lang, wala tayong laban dyan. ang tawag ko dyan, "kamot ulo". Kasi pag nadisgrasya, kamot ulo ka na lang!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Motorized Pedicabs - road legal or not ?!?