New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    For me, one obvious sign of a bad motorcycle driver is the absence of side mirrors. It's means that they don't really know how to driver properly and responsibly.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm also not saying all MC riders are law-breakers, however, the majority of them are. Well, I guess my beef with that is these guys are accidents waiting to happen. And the ironic part is, with the way they drive, they actually court disaster and seem to be asking for an accident.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    On my recent trip to Pangasinan and back... I encountered a LOT of motorbikes... but not one cared enough to use their signal lights when overtaking or turning or changing lanes.

Buti pa ang mga ibang tricycle, they use their hands to signal.

A biker tried to race me in the highway. As usual, his underbone doesn't have a sidemirror, have those tiny handlebars and is lowered. To boot, he doesn't have a helmet and is wearing unsafe loose clothes. Once we hit 60kph, he can't even look straight and is constantly swinging his head.

And this is not another cager versus rider thread. If you have noticed, there are also a lot of car related good squad posts with matching pictures here.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bender View Post
    For me, one obvious sign of a bad motorcycle driver is the absence of side mirrors. It's means that they don't really know how to driver properly and responsibly.
    Hehehe.... This morning on my way to office at The Fort, at the intersection near Market Market, I saw this motorcycle. Wala siyang sideview mirror, tapos yung passenger niyang girl, walang helmet. Then kinalabit ng girl yung driver and pointed to the Ft. Boni traffic deputy at the other side of the intersection.

Aba! The girl pulled out a pair of SIDEVIEW MIRRORS from the driver's backpack. The driver then started screwing on the sideview mirrors while the girl put on a helmet. When the lights turned green, ayun, may helmet na yung girl tapos may sideview mirrors na yung motor!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    ayos yun a, yang isang yan hindi lang pala barumbado, magulang pa.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Bottomline is.. these incidents would've never happened and this thread would've never been started if the enforcers apprehended MC's and Cages upon violation.. enforcers (i think) are too lenient on them.. in Buendia lang you'll see Mapsa's everywhere but you'll still see MCs driving on the dividers sometimes almost hitting the Mapsa's themselves.. and they do nothing.. i don't know maybe it's the thought na sa dami nang gumagawa ng ganon di naman nila kaya hulihiin lahat kaya wag na lang.. or sayang sa oras.. pagbigyan na lang kasi traffic naman.. if they would just do it properly, Ph roads would be alot safer and organized, MCs and Cagers alike.. (i'm not saying that all enforcers are the same.. i'm saying there are lots of them but not all)

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    1. Nope, never heard of that saying where Cagers want to down MC's. Anyone who wants to purposely injure another person should have his head checked IMHO.

2. Yes, I have ordered delivery service from fastfood chains many many times. The thing is, while I pay for the food, I do not pay for the motorcycle drivers to be kaskasero or to ignore any semblance of safety. The end doesnt justify the means.

3. I was very conscious of this thread when I went to work today... and I wanted to give the motorcycle drivers the benefit of the doubt. Guess what? One of them sideswiped my mirror as he and his passenger were trying to make singgit as usual . Didnt even stop to acknowledge it. He just went on his merry way (add to the list of idiots who prove my theory that these people dont care because they can get away with it). I was passed by easily more than a hundred bikes in my lane alone. All of them zig zagging and crossing lanes without signalling and forcing many cars to suddenly stop to avoid them. Sorry, but I do blame them.

4. I know the problem is institutional already in nature and bigger than any one person can solve. I personally just try to be courteous to other drivers or drive defensively (though I can and do make mistakes myself). But with majority of these folks, it is systemic and second nature to them. Step one to solving a problem is recognizing there is a problem. Since we all agree that the government cant solve this problem, then its up to those individual riders to step up to the plate to solve it one biker at a time. Somehow, I doubt I will see many riders stepping up.

5. Im grateful for this constructive discussion. I do not categorize you in anyway shape or form with those others. The fact that you are willing to defend them (those who dont have a voice here) speaks a lot of positive things about you. I respect that and I respect your opinion. Sometimes lang, I just cant agree.
    Thank you for the mutual respect. And guess what, I just had my own experience along Roxas Boulevard today wherein I honked my horn to a fellow rider who was riding past 80kph based on my car speedo and without helmet. This reminded me of this thread as he just flew his hands up in the air gesturing that he was like superman flying. I went after him and upon reaching the stoplight, I approached him to ask what his problem was and he just gave me a smile. My parting words to him....mama kung si superman ka baka yung aspalto maging kryptonite sa mukha pag sumadsad ka! Wag ka sana mangailangan ng tutulong sa yo kapag sumadsad ka. My bad as I could not control my temper and I just walked away. Thinking, why the hell am i harping on tsikot about MC riders being good and this is what I see. Oh well, what I did did not help at all although he started to wear his helmet. Why, because there are still more than 100-200t bikers (very conservative estimate) who are capable of doing the same. Di naman lahat
    Last edited by fireblade; May 3rd, 2007 at 01:29 AM.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by garci View Post
    Akala kasi nila porma na nila at mas mahal pa yung motorcycle nila sa mga kotseng sinisingitan nila. Ang yayababang

Sarap araruhin ng mga yan.
    Mazdamazda,

I wanted to believe you when you said this is not a car vs MC thread until I remembered this post of a very sensible forumer. Quote "sarap araruhin ng mga yan". What if this guy was behind me and I was riding comfortably and safely on my bike? Could be a joke but I really dont know what is inside his mind.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    just this morning while I was driving, I remembered this thread. Then I saw this motorcycle in front of me, occupying a one-whole car space in traffic.

na-intimidate ako ba't ganun? mali ata ako.

sa'n ba dapat talaga lumugar ang motor sa gilid o same space as cars?

pero I now know why I'm intimidated. kasi sigurado aagawin yun space ko sa harapan ng isa pang cager este car, kasi nga mukang maluwag.

oh well, hindi ko na alam kung ano tama o mali between cars and motorcycles pero mukang mahirap talaga magkasundo ang dalawa lalo na sa dog eat dog world ng traffic system natin

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    ay hindi pala lahat reckless, sorry.
    98% lang pala reckless
    2% maingat - yung mga kuliglig. yung sa bukid,
    wakekekeekekek

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Motorbike riders no better than street toughs