New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    That on last Friday,my brother was traveling along Espana going to Manila. Upon crossing the railroad and moving slowly because of the traffic. A man suddenly cross his path pretending that my brother hit him using a bowl of rice as his props. He sprinkle the rice to your car as if you hit him and fall down. My brother did not noticed it at first. The man pretended being hit, limping his way and confronted my brother asking him to go to the police station. Being shock and dont know what to do, he just let him in the car and shell out
    Ps 500. When He narrated to us what happen that day, my other brother said he witnessed similar incident just a week ago. When we analyze it ,why the man iinsist going to the police station instead direct to the hospital it he really got hurt. So next time you passed by Espana just be careful when encountered same situation just be prepare and alert and dont be fooled.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    My driver almost fell for an almost similar modus in quiapo, he was about to leave for a delivery but before getting in the van he checked around the van to see for anything or person near the van. Seeing nothing near the van he got in and left, a few minutes later a woman came into our store and said that she got bumped by our driver when he backed out of the parking space, and asked money from my mom. My mom did not give her any money but instead told her to wait for our driver. 2 hours later our driver came back and my mom told him that he backed up on the woman when he left, so he driver confronted the woman and told her that they look for a witness and go to the police. The woman left at once, maybe sensing that her plot just got busted.

people these days will think of anything just to get money.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Kasi naman bumabalik pa yung mga squatters dyan sa riles, pinaalis na nga eh.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Wow! This same exact modus was perpetrated on me last Sunday along Quirino Ave. in Manila. I was approaching the intersection of Singalong or San Marcelino (one of those streets there) when a guy crossed the street in front of me. You guys know how we don't normally eyeball people crossing in front of us? We just merely notice them through our peripheral vision because our focus is straight on the road or the car right in front of us, right? Well, this was exactly the case then. However, as this guy was walking past my car, I got this weird feeling that he was staring at me the whole time. I was on the left lane and he came from the center island. As soon as we passed each other, I was startled by a loud thud from the right side of my car! My initial thought was that I hit him with my side mirror. But when I looked at my side mirror, I noticed that the side mirror was still in its usual position. So immediately my weird feeling about the whole situation was compounded because that would have been the only sensible point of impact that would create such a loud thud unless of course he rammed onto the side of my car as I was passing him. But such scenario would have only been likely if he was coming from the right side crossing to the left. Meantime I see this guy through the side mirror holding his face as if to suggest that he was hit there. He was also picking up something from the pavement and then we walked back to the center island. Moments later, from out of nowhere, somebody knocked on my front passenger window pointing at the other guy who was now limping towards my window. At this point I know I would be in for a lot of trouble if I make bad decisions. All these things were happening so fast, and I was still entertaining the thought that maybe somehow I really did hit him. So, I slightly opened my window to listen to what the guy had to say. Guess what? He was telling me that I needed to pay him for the medicine he lost. I guess when he was picking up something, that was supposedly what it was. I thought to myself, if I really hit him wouldn't he be asking me to bring him to a hospital or something? Almost at that moment, the light turned green and I just stepped on the gas. When I got home I noticed rice all over the side of my car!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Everywhere there's poor people yata willing to die for a few bucks merong ganito. May parang nangyari sa akin na ganito about a decade back sa may Malabon. May kakutsaba pa na pulis 'kuno. It seems tinatantiya nila yung mga vehicle na neither too fast to ACTUALLY run them over nor too slow to stop in time. Gusto lang yata nila dumami ang kaso ng TUNAY na hit and run eh. :No!:

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    it's very nice to read this kind of scams. being a driver, means you must also know your spot in dealing with this kind situation, if possible relax lang tayo or else magiging suki tayo sa panloloko ng mga taong ganyan..

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    in the 90's snatchers pretend to be crossing but as the jeepneys start to accelerate after the rails ayun na! from earrings to necklace. iba naman pala ngayon, with matching props pa... imo namimili lang rin yan ng may pagka kaskasero, kasi if you're cautious enough not to hit them after the rails... no way ang drama nila.
    Last edited by XTO; January 30th, 2008 at 05:07 PM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    The guy probably had the rice in his hand and upon seeing that I was not looking at him as he crossed the street, he slammed the rice onto the side of my car to create the loud thud. And since I was already coming to a full stop, it wasn't difficult for him to execute it with good timing so it would appear that I really hit him. What I'm wondering about is what could have been going through the minds of the people in the cars behind me who most probably witnessed the whole thing. If you were witness to something like that, what would you do?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    lumang tugtugin na yan. 80's pa lang ginawa na sa amin yan sa escolta.
    madami na akong kakilala na nabiktima ng ganyan. i even witnessed one in roxas blvd!
    ganun gawin mo...pasakay mo sa kotse mo. kunwari dadalhin mo sa ospital. pag abot sa isang kalsada na wala masyadong tao,alisin mo seatbelt mo at BUGBUGIN mo! savor every punch! beleive me,noting feels more satisfying than the feel of your fist in a jolog's face! kakapuno na yun mga ganyan eh! time to bite back!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Lesson, if unsure... make sure you run them over hehehe.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
modus operandi along espana