New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    I think it was right for those who did not do anything wrong to contest, it is a matter of principle, if you have the time. I do disagree though for the person who got a lighter penalty because of his lack of knowledge in the local traffic laws. I dont know how besides "awa" should they downgrade the penalty.

Nothing personal though, just an honest observation where breaks are given to a lucky few while those who really need it have to pay more.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hero: Yun nga point ko eh, to contest is just a matter or principle, it is not feasable, logical or convenient. If you get paid P10,000 a month sa trabaho mo and you have to lose 2 half-a-day to do this, you lost over 1000 bucks in your job + transpo. Hardly worth it, and the stress grr...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    i guess u'll feel better if u prevail over them but at the expense of time and money? ok lng kng money but when u factor in the time wasted its just not worth it imo.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    wag ka na mag contest... masisira lang ulo mo... and like what others said, sayang oras. if i'm not mistaken ang swerving is around 200-250? (correct me if i'm wrong) nahuli na den akong swerving before galleria... funny thing is traffic...so pano naging swerving? labo eh!? siguro ibang violation pero nde swerving...

Nagugutom lang mga MMDA na yan kaya medyo wala sa tamang pagiicip.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    okay, nagbayad na ako ng fine (Php 500.00 for swerving violation which 101% I did not commit)...

So pumila ako, dumating ako sa MMDA-Orense, ng mga 7:00Am this morning, grabe ang haba ng ng pila, siguro mga pang 300 ako, then inabutan ng lunch... sobrang init, not to mention yung mga amoy ng tao (pati na rin ako, heheheh) naghalohalo na.... then eksaktong 2:45PM, nakuha ko na rin sa wakas yung lisensya ko.... hay parusa.

Sa susunod, di ako pahuhuli basta-basta...

Pero I will still complain that damn officer named LOURDES SABAYLE.. nahuli po ako sa intersection ng Gil Puyat and Roxas Blvd... turning right to Roxas Blvd papuntang baywalk/luneta.

7. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    bayaran mo ung fines in smallest coin denomination you can find, then watch their faces while they count it.. heheh.. so ung P500 bayaran mo un na puro 5 centavo coin.. hehe then tawa ka lang ng tawa habang binibilang nila..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    kami ng brother ko papuntang glorietta nahuli naman kami sa may edsa-taft MRT,red light na daw tumakbo pa kami, e go pa naman nung nakadaan kami??? pinakita lang namin card ni de dios umurong ang dila ng nanghuli na MMDA!!!! kala nila kung sinu binabangga nila!!!!

kung magcomplain ka dapat may kakilala ka sa MMDA...itry ko iparating ang concern mo kaso lang busy kasi si Mr. Vergel de Dios parang may meeting ata araw-araw with BF...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    I think it is in bad taste to name drop. To argue for the principle of being wronged is better, but name dropping is a parasite that eats at the fabric of our society.

If ever, I feel this is the last desperate action. I would prefer to find any other moral way. I've never name dropped in a traffic altercation out of principle and I hope that I will not ever be put in a situation wherein I'd have to do that in the first place.

That is why I take pride in following the traffic rules and regulations. In our country where patriarchy is common, its easy for any one person to be related or connected to any person in position or power.

Hence, its not that hard for a person to just go strutting as if they own the place. It is, as with all things, much harder to discipline and control yourself to do what is right. Thats why I admire people who can play it straight.

It takes more strength to follow the rules, but even an ape can impose its own will or "strength" over other animals. Thats why we feel higher than animals, cause we can supposedly control our animal instinct of irrational domination.

I'm in no way a perfect person, far from it. These are rather just guidelines I try to adhere to.

Not naming or targeting anyone ha, just my personal opinion on somethings

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Nice post. :D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
MMDA: Complaints Proforma