New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Maynilad is presently digging up a large portion of Alabang-Zapote Road in the Las PinaS Area. Although it's kinda wrong timing kasi sinabay pa nila sa Xmas season when there are lots of cars on the road, that's not my main beef.

Ang nakaka-asar is when they cover-up their diggings after laying down their pipes. Yung asphalt is "naka-umbok" meaning not level with the rest of the road, plus yung asphalt medyo rough ang texture at halatang minadali ang pag overlay. The result is a very rough ride when you go drive over them.
    Ganun din na-notice ko sa Fort Bonifacio area. Ang tagal-tagal na nun, sobrang traffic, pag dumaan ka doon sa mga natapos na nila, hindi pwede normal speed kasi nga hindi maayos ang pagkaka-aspalto nila resulting in matagtag na biyahe.

I'm sure that like me, most of you spend a lot of time and money maintaining and beautifying our cars. All this is negated when you go out on the road and drive over substandard streets brought about by the haphazard and cavalier attitude of Maynilad and other utilities.

Local governments should inspect the "work" done by Maynilad and should see to it that their asphalt overlays over their diggings should be level with the street and not of rough quality. In other words, Maynilad should bring back the roads the way they found it! Maynilad - umayos kayo!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Wahaha I was kinda waiting for an anti-Maynilad thread lol.

You're spot on TS, why is it NOW they are digging up?!?! Everyone knew about the water problem for years and it is only NOW during the busiest time of the year to dig up and cause havoc on an already traffic prone road.

Agree also for the covers that they lay down. Sheets of thick metal which I'm sure messes up our tyres! And the road is now uneven and rough, and full of loose stones and debri!!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    maybe it's the end of the year and they saw there's extra left in the budget given for that purpose.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    They usually hire contractors. First Balfour is the one that dug up and ruined the whole stretch of UN Avenue. (until Taft Ave) in Manila. It was repaired and asphalted years ago which resulted in a smooth and level road. Then this FIRST BALFOUR comes and digs it all up to lay down the pipers. They left it in substandard conditions (ie. uneven and full of craters).

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    hay yung dito sa amin, nung hinukay nila, nag pump sila ng putik ...and saan pinaagos yung putik??? sa kanal!!!!!!!!!! nung sinita ko sila pa galit... ngayon tuwing uulan kahit mahina lang baha na agad kasi barado na kanal.

ang maganda sa nipis ng halo ng semento nila bakbak na ngayon... hay...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ay nako Maynilad...

di pa talaga sesementuhan yan unless makumpleto na yung pipe layout at natest na nila yung linya for leaks, sayang din kasi kung sinemento agad tapos me tagas din pala. tagal din naming tyinaga yang ganyang hirap sa BF, buti na lang tapos na yung area namin.......kainis talaga but we need to bear with it whether we like it or not....

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Our local governments are also partly to blame for the sorry state of our roads. Dapat pag meron mga contractors na mag street-digging, they should require a hefty bond to be deposited. After their work is completed, someone from the City Engineer's Office should inspect the road portion affected and make sure that the cement/asphalt overlay is done properly and of good quality. Otherwise hindi dapat isauli yung deposit nila. I guess that's wishful thinking. Mga tao natin sa gobyerno corrupt na, pabaya pa sa trabaho! (Of course hindi ko naman nilalahat).

That's why I consider driving now to be more of an ordeal than a pleasure.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Pati sa QC panay aspaltong palpak running along concrete roads.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by hein View Post
    Pati sa QC panay aspaltong palpak running along concrete roads.
    Yep! This is evident in New Manila area.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
MAYNILAD: Umayos Kayo!