New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    posted 04:40pm (Mla time) Aug 19, 2005
    By Tarra Quismundo
    Inquirer News Service

ACTOR and chairman of the Optical Media Board (OMB) Edu Manzano was charged on Friday by the Makati police with slight physical injuries, theft, and coercion before the Makati prosecutor’s office.
    The charges stemmed from the complaint filed by two truck drivers who said Manzano mauled them following a traffic altercation in Makati City on Tuesday night.

The charge sheet was signed by Chief Inspector Manuel Santos Jr., chief of Criminal Investigation Section of the Makati police.

The drivers – Rolando Gato and Rolando Mendipol -- said Manzano’s Toyota Revo, which was in front of their truck, bumped their vehicle on Makati Avenue when they stopped at a traffic light. They said Manzano drove in reverse, hitting the front of their truck. They said Manzano got out of his car and punched Gato and took his driver’s license. They also said Manzano tool Mendipol’s backpack and wallet and the truck’s front license plate and ignition key.

Manzano has denied the accusations in media interviews.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    HHHmmm... it sounds fishy to me... i mean from my point of view as what ive seen on the tv thru TFC edu was driving an A/T so how did that happen that he bumped the truck unless its true that he actually drove in reverse intentionally just to hit the truck behind him? i don't see any point though??? and why would he do that?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tutuo ba ito?kala ko showbiz chismis lang ito.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    May kaso pa din sya kasi wala syang right para kunin ang plate number at mga gamit nung truck driver at mga helpers niya

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    .... edu manzano driving in a toyota revo?? hmmm

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    May kaso pa din sya kasi wala syang right para kunin ang plate number at mga gamit nung truck driver at mga helpers niya
    I agree wala siyang karapatan na kunin ang license at plate no. nung truck LTO lang dapat ang gumawa nun...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle618
    .... edu manzano driving in a toyota revo?? hmmm
    Why not?

I sometimes wish I'm the President so I could drive around in a (bulletproof) Kia Picanto!

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One
    Why not?

I sometimes wish I'm the President so I could drive around in a (bulletproof) Kia Picanto!
    makaandar ka pa kaya sa bigat ng armour mo?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Manzano erred in taking the truck's LTO plate. Di sya authorized na magtanggal nun. As i've heard his interview in the news, sabi nya baka daw umalis yung truck at takasan sya kaya nya tinanggal. Tama ba yun?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ...tapang din nitong si doods, 2 truck driver pa yun. pano kung yung tipong mga truck driver na siraulo na walang sinasantong artista.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Manzano charged with slight physical injuries, theft