New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    hi guys

marketing from home sonic in manila called me up they told me that i was selected among the few to claim the prize, and i asked them i did not join any raffles , and where did they get my number they told me they are tie up in telecoms for their incoming anniversary. so the raffle ticket is actually my landline number , they provide me the control number which im going to present that control number to the HOme sonic here ,
    well to make the story short

1. went to home sonic, provide 2 IDs and the control number (for the prize)
    2. well of course its a marketing strategy blah blah blah about the products .3. my control number = prize

my prize = eye massager
    aside from my prize they verify also my control number .. it has the last 3 digits that tells if you are qualified for extra bonuses
    - I pick up again form of envelope that contain whatever bonus is
    guess what my bonuses
    - worth 56 thou of entertainment system (5.1 surround system)
    - worth 11 thou of beauty massager
    - worth 5 thou of rice cooker ( 4 in 1, fry, steam, etc.. )
    - worth 15 thou of utensils (spoon / knife / ) -
    - 2, 00 pesos gift certificate

here's the catch
    to avail the bonuses i have to buy from them on that day using the gift certificate

so i got really excited so I pick the water purifier (the 6 stages )
    cost about 46k , s 46k - 2k (my gift cert) = 44k
    damn.. i have to purchase worth 44k just to avail of those

- then my wife came and we talked about it well. think thik think think
    after a few minutes we decided to purchase the water purifier and that give me idea putting up water station (YES, 2nd business )

not bad 44k for
    water purifier / entertainment system / beauty massager / rice cooker ( 4 in 1 ) , utensils ,

do you think its a good catch ?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Sounds like an Aowa scam.

It's not a good catch, you were scammed.

a six-stage water purifier costs only 6-14k. Eye massager?? I wouldn't wanna put any contraption on my precious eyes. 56K sound system? If it's a Harman Kardon + Acoustic Energy setup, well and good. If not, you were scammed.

If that's an Aowa or home sonic branded system, I've tested that. It sounds like crap. I actually wasted my time testing their stupid products. I just loved dodging their offers and scam attempts. hahaha.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jansky
    hi guys

marketing from home sonic in manila called me up they told me that i was selected among the few to claim the prize, and i asked them i did not join any raffles , and where did they get my number they told me they are tie up in telecoms for their incoming anniversary. so the raffle ticket is actually my landline number , they provide me the control number which im going to present that control number to the HOme sonic here ,
    well to make the story short

1. went to home sonic, provide 2 IDs and the control number (for the prize)
    2. well of course its a marketing strategy blah blah blah about the products .3. my control number = prize

my prize = eye massager
    aside from my prize they verify also my control number .. it has the last 3 digits that tells if you are qualified for extra bonuses
    - I pick up again form of envelope that contain whatever bonus is
    guess what my bonuses
    - worth 56 thou of entertainment system (5.1 surround system)
    - worth 11 thou of beauty massager
    - worth 5 thou of rice cooker ( 4 in 1, fry, steam, etc.. )
    - worth 15 thou of utensils (spoon / knife / ) -
    - 2, 00 pesos gift certificate

here's the catch
    to avail the bonuses i have to buy from them on that day using the gift certificate

so i got really excited so I pick the water purifier (the 6 stages )
    cost about 46k , s 46k - 2k (my gift cert) = 44k
    damn.. i have to purchase worth 44k just to avail of those

- then my wife came and we talked about it well. think thik think think
    after a few minutes we decided to purchase the water purifier and that give me idea putting up water station (YES, 2nd business )

not bad 44k for
    water purifier / entertainment system / beauty massager / rice cooker ( 4 in 1 ) , utensils ,

do you think its a good catch ?
    Question: Are those so-called prizes top electronic brands or just run-of-the-mill types?

It feels like buy-one take-one (or more), except that they make you believe that you are only buying a single item.

Remember that this is a marketing gimmick and the other end have already determined how much profit they will get on each transaction.

If you feel like a winner on this deal, then you probably are. Congrats

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    The mere fact that he had to ask for opinion probably reflects that he isn't so. hehe

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower
    a six-stage water purifier costs only 6-14k. Eye massager?? I wouldn't wanna put any contraption on my precious eyes. 56K sound system? If it's a Harman Kardon + Acoustic Energy setup, well and good. If not, you were scammed.
    Agree. I have a new Pio Elite avr + 5.1 Energy set-up and it did not cost me P56k. Those other included items looks more like a trap than a deal to me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    its a scam my friend, if you got time to research for the prices of other products in the market that they said is free you might be surprized if its all together worth below 40K, but dont feel so down or disappointed my friend, even our vice preisdent Decastro also is a victim of the said scam you may complain at DTI if you find it misleading or misrepresentation of products(am no lawyer so sorry for terms used) like what our vice president did.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    that is soooooooo NOT a great deal

you OVERPAID dude

you made those home sonic people very happy

--

here's the thing about great deals -- they're not adverstised or promoted or marketed

you either stumble upon them, or they stumble upon you

serendipity dude

like buying excellent condition kitchen equipment, refs and freezers from a just-closed restaurant at a fraction of market price

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I think so

well anyway i did not paid in cash just reservation of 5k and in exchange they provide the multip purpose cooker , after a decisive decision , hey 46k is not easy money .

but anyway this are the picture of the extra bonuses that i got
    http://www.lelong.com.my/Auc/List/20...TV-Cabinet.htm (entertainment system) cost around 62k

the rest cant find in web

after searching more about this company

it direct me to this

http://rodelbanares.multiply.com/jou...E_OF_HOMESONIC
    http://www.philmug.ph/forum/showthread.php?t=40792

http://www.dtincr.ph/news.php?id=12

http://www.dtincr.ph/news.php?id=1

luckily i dont have my credit card otherwise im dead
    and no contract to pay 46k

lesson learned: dont trust any business that you did not join for any raffle
    Last edited by jansky; November 20th, 2009 at 12:30 PM.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Mods/Jedi

can we move this thread to goon squad

thanks

10. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchtower View Post
    Question: Are those so-called prizes top electronic brands or just run-of-the-mill types?

It feels like buy-one take-one (or more), except that they make you believe that you are only buying a single item.

Remember that this is a marketing gimmick and the other end have already determined how much profit they will get on each transaction.

If you feel like a winner on this deal, then you probably are. Congrats

sa lahat ng naloko ng homesonic

submit your complaint to DTI-NCR..as of now mag sasampa na ko ng case sa homesonic,
    may sked kami ng mediation w/ DTI last april 19, pero wala naman kaming natatanggap na advise from DTI, kaya hindi kami nakarating, pero dahil sa gusto ko talagang lumaban, pumunta kmi sa GMA at nag patulong, last April 26 may sked kami ulit ng mediation, muntik na naman kaming hindi nakarating dahil nga sa wala namang advise, buti nalang nag punta kami ng morning sa DTI at dun nalang namin nalaman na may mediation pala kaming sked ng 2pm that day, pero hindi dumating ang representative ng HOMESONIC..at DTI representative nalang ang nag sabi sa amin at may binigay na documents na willing naman daw makipag settle ang homesonic pero less 10% sa total amount, pero hindi ako pumayag, dahil wala naman kaming napakinabangan sa ITEM nila tapos kakaltasan ng 5,490 malaking pera din yun kung tutuusin, hindi mo mapupulot yun, kaya advise ng DTI na ituloy nalang ang reklamo....
    kaya advise ko sa lahat ng naloko ng homesonic, pumunta na kayo sa DTI-NCR NOW na...para sabay sabay nating kasuhan ang homesonic

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Home sonic promo