Oct 2002
    Mod's Note:

Thread moved to GOON SQUAD

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    IWASAN ang aggressive salespeople

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Homesonic called me up before and asked if I could go to their store that day to avail my so-called " prize ".

I did oblige. I went to their store then availed my prize, and it's an OLD DOOR ALARM.

They did try to fool me in buying their overpriced products, but ... this time, I refused. 56K is a lot of money. I wouldn't spend that much on their crappy products.

To cut the story short. I went home without spending anything. And the good thing is I got an old door alarm, which to my surprise .... that door alarm is still working up to now. :hysterical:

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Tingin ko matatalo rin kayo kung itutuloy nyo yung kaso. Ganito lang yun, they have some goods they offered to you for you to buy at an amount specified. The fact that you agreed to buy it at the specified price already sealed the deal. Its no different than going to HK or Singapore to buy stuff at discounted rates then bringing them over here to sell to your friends or neighbors para tumubo ka. Or for example may nabili ako na bagay for 1k, tapos sabi ko sa yo bilhin mo 5k na lang, binili mo naman. Di ko na kasalanan yun, kasalanan mo na yun. hehehe

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    No offense meant.. but the reason why consumer protection is not strong in this country is because we have a defeatist attitude... "Hayaan mo na lang yan" or "Charge to experience" etc etc

The fact that someone willingly took up the cudgel to confront this issue in the face is a breath of fresh air, and such an act deserves our support, whether actual or moral. Win or lose, the case emphasizes that we are no longer going to take crap from misleading marketeers.

And if this progresses -- i.e. the complainants win -- we are better off because it will help set a precedence for consumer protection.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    It is a fact of life here in the Philippines that money talks... I'm just being a realist. One surefire way of winning? Boycott those marketers. For sure after a few months without sales they will close down. ;)

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Heard this case on DZBB regarding Home Sonic. The poor guy was fooled into buying a food processor. Unfortunately he has his credit card swiped. According to DTi, Aowa has already been closed down and Home Sonic has been booted out of the big malls. But they are still around in trade fairs and rundown malls so be careful. Dti also said Home Sonic still have pending cases on appeal.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Walandyo,- mayroong kapareho niyan (not sure kung HomeSonic nga) sa Alabang Town Center last weekend....

Bro jansky,- minimize your loses...

9707:electricf:

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Ang pangalan nila ngayong Hoffman at Alvano.

Nagulat ako pati sa Cagayan de Oro nakarating na sila (Ketkai)! Natatawa ako sa mga salestalk lalo na dun sa part ng induction cooker (meron na kasi ako matagal na). parang magic daw blah blah. hehehe.

Tapos di pagod na pagod na sila kaka-salestalk. Sasabihin ko, meron na ako nyan eh, branded pa. :rofl:

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Ang pangalan nila ngayong Hoffman at Alvano.

Nagulat ako pati sa Cagayan de Oro nakarating na sila (Ketkai)! Natatawa ako sa mga salestalk lalo na dun sa part ng induction cooker (meron na kasi ako matagal na). parang magic daw blah blah. hehehe.

Tapos di pagod na pagod na sila kaka-salestalk. Sasabihin ko, meron na ako nyan eh, branded pa. :rofl:

I admire you bro,- for giving them a few minutes of your time... Kasi ako, sasabihin ko na lang na hindi ako interesado without breaking my cadence....

9707:electricf:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Home sonic promo