New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Had no problem noong nag renew ako at ikinuha ng passports ang mga kids ko. Itong last January lang. maluwag.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post

i was there as early as 1230H. people whose appointment was at 1330 were already crowding the small entrance. kids were being crushed in the horde of humanity. no ropes or separation lines whatsoever. no special lines for parents with kids.

it was raining and the roof/tent/tarpaulin over all the waiting areas were leaking. people were drenched and the rain was not even hard, just moderate
    Hordes of Pinoys desperate to get out of the Philippines.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    yung utol ko sumabay magrenew sa parents namin. sa SEnior Citizens' lane lahat sila
    pinapila kaya matulin.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i had my lost passport replaced last month and it took me about an hour and a half. i decided to get the pre-determined 8:30am time slot in an attempt to avoid the late morning and afternoon rush

i also had my new passport delivered via lbc because i decided early on not to be a part of the claiming chaos as advised by my sis-in-law and friends

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Had my passport renewed via that Internet passport renewal thing...

I think it's called Citizen Services...

No worries... No queues...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ang mahal ng singil ng travel agency sa passport renewal. 2K++

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by marg View Post
    Hordes of Pinoys desperate to get out of the Philippines.
    with the kind of system we have here, from DFA to SSS to Pagibig etc, i would not be surprised

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Kamusta kaya yung sa mga provincial offices ng DFA?
    Had mine renewed sa DFA Bacolod. Wala halos pila, yung nga lang almost 1 month ma release.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    despite the electronic appointment system, the whole passport renewal process is at the DFA consular office at the aseana area in macapagal avenue was a nightmare

i spent from 1230H to 1530H just to get my passport renewed from the green passport to the e-passport

my experience:

1. my appointment was for 1330H. i was there as early as 1230H. people whose appointment was at 1330 were already crowding the small entrance. kids were being crushed in the horde of humanity. no ropes or separation lines whatsoever. no special lines for parents with kids.

2. it was raining and the roof/tent/tarpaulin over all the waiting areas were leaking. people were drenched and the rain was not even hard, just moderate

3. at the encoding area, there are only two 32" screen tvs that displayed the number being served and the encoder's booth. at some seats, you cannot even see the tv.

4. the only comfort room i saw were located outside the building. there were no comfort rooms inside the processing area, the payment area or the encoding area

5. and the size of the men's comfort room: only 3 cubicles and 2 urinals serving more than 100 men. so imagine the line. in the women's comfort room, the line extended outside and began to cut through the line for door 4 and the verification of the application form.

6. the other lines were chaotic with no discernible flow. for example: the line in going to door 4 for processing cuts through the line for the verification of the application form. inside, the line for getting the priority number for encoding cuts through the line going to the encoder's booth from 23 upwards. so imagine how many people you have to say excuse me to or cut off

kung may taga DFA consular dito, ito lang masasabi ko: nakakahiya kayo!!!!!!

Had the same experience as you when I got my son a passport and I renewed mine last January. I was expecting a lane for those with kids, like what my friend told me when she brought her son to get his passport last year. There was no line, at super init sa loob. It was so chaotic and disorganised, sana man lang ayusin nila yung aircon!!! Definitely not worth the effort. DFA wake up, you suck!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    kalokohan yang appointment system.. meron pa ding mga mga fixers.. nagbebenta sila nang printed forms.. tapos ni cro cross out yung pangalan..

don sa last procedure.. tingnan nyo mabuti.. bakit kailangan pa i encode ulit yung name.. kung ikaw mismo nagpa appointment.. siguradong tama na yung name non.. nangyayari ni e encode pa nila ulit.. kaya tumatagal.. asked them why.. kasi daw minsan iba yung name na lumalabas.. eh panong hindi maiiba kasi binebenta nung mga fixers sa baba yung appointment date na yun.. yung step 1 naman di naman ni che check yung pangalan.. ni che check lang nila yung bar code kung naka appointment ka nga that day.. so yung mga fixers ginagawa kuha nang kuha nang appointment using bogus names.. tapos binebenta nila don..

at alam na alam to nang mga taga DFA.. pagdating sa step 4.. pag scan nila.. syempre.. bogus name ang lalabas.. kaya ita type pa nila ulit..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Lousy passport renewal process