New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    despite the electronic appointment system, the whole passport renewal process is at the DFA consular office at the aseana area in macapagal avenue was a nightmare

i spent from 1230H to 1530H just to get my passport renewed from the green passport to the e-passport

my experience:

1. my appointment was for 1330H. i was there as early as 1230H. people whose appointment was at 1330 were already crowding the small entrance. kids were being crushed in the horde of humanity. no ropes or separation lines whatsoever. no special lines for parents with kids.

2. it was raining and the roof/tent/tarpaulin over all the waiting areas were leaking. people were drenched and the rain was not even hard, just moderate

3. at the encoding area, there are only two 32" screen tvs that displayed the number being served and the encoder's booth. at some seats, you cannot even see the tv.

4. the only comfort room i saw were located outside the building. there were no comfort rooms inside the processing area, the payment area or the encoding area

5. and the size of the men's comfort room: only 3 cubicles and 2 urinals serving more than 100 men. so imagine the line. in the women's comfort room, the line extended outside and began to cut through the line for door 4 and the verification of the application form.

6. the other lines were chaotic with no discernible flow. for example: the line in going to door 4 for processing cuts through the line for the verification of the application form. inside, the line for getting the priority number for encoding cuts through the line going to the encoder's booth from 23 upwards. so imagine how many people you have to say excuse me to or cut off

kung may taga DFA consular dito, ito lang masasabi ko: nakakahiya kayo!!!!!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung mga thru agency ba may sariling line pa rin? dati kasi pag sa agency ka may sarili silang line eh. hehehe

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kamusta kaya yung sa mga provincial offices ng DFA?
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    I'm sure it's better...pero diba mag open na sila sa mga malls?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    this reminds me, mag eexpire na pala passport ko april next year. kelangan 6 months pa validity ng passport para makalabas ka diba?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    QUOTE=flakez;1900249]this reminds me, mag eexpire na pala passport ko april next year. kelangan 6 months pa validity ng passport para makalabas ka diba?[/QUOTE]

yes, 6 months validity. set an appointment either thru call or via online sa website nila. Php950 for the regular passport renewal.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    if you are getting the e-passport for the first time, may personal appearance so you really have to go to the DFA consular office at aseana if you are applying in metro manila

nakakaawa ibang magulang kanina at kasama pa mga bata at sanggol

isang tatay kanina sinisigawan na ang guwardya dahil walang special line sa mga bata at na iipit na ang anak nya sa "waiting to get in" area palang

ayaw pa rin papasukin ng guwardya dahil hindi pa daw oras nila sa appointment

by the way, your e-appointment will state that you should be at the DFA 30 minutes before your appointed time but useless din kasi hindi ka makakapasok.

iba nga kanina 1130H pa ang appointment at dumating 1300H na at pinapapasok kaagad

kung ganito, para saan pa ang e-appointment? eh di sana pumunta nalang ako ng late at hindi na ako magtitiis mag hintay sa walang kuwentang waiting area

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Pina daan ko na lang sa LBC yung sakin. Pag dating mo ng DFA may sariling line at pipirma ka lang sandali.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    As for my experience last year smooth naman, 1 hour lang ako nagstay sa DFA tapos na agad yung renewal, kasama na yung oras sa pagpila.

TS, mukha yatang marami silang tinanggap na appointment at that time kaya ganyan ang nangyari, mahirap nga kapag umulan dahil yung tent nila sakto lang

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Either CDO or Davao. Sobrang bilis once you get to line up and ready all the papers (e.g. photocopy)

Hassle lang kung may legal case or kapangalan ka sa NBI.
    iam3739.com

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Lousy passport renewal process