New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    actually turning the o/d on creates the exact OPPOSITE effect than having a turbo. since the gearing is taller in overdrive, medyo mas mahina ang hatak (of course correctable by stomping on the go pedal and making the a/t kick down to a lower gear).
    Yup, just floor it.

let me reiterate for everyone on this thread, overdrive is not a turbo booster/nos.

allen, hope everything's okay na with your ride, baka electrical gremlins lang if your crv is indeed drive by wire.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by batang_raon14 View Post
    Point taken po. But just wondering out:

Also, what then gives the feel na parang "dumudulas" ang brakes when you're braking when O/D is on? There were four who drove our XTO then including myself, and pag naka O/D on ramdam talaga na kelangan pang diinan ang brake pedal compared to when it's off. Kahit mabagal pa takbo.
    Baka pag naka O/D off, nasa lower gear so mas madali mag decelerate, kaya feeling mo less effort ang pag apak sa brake. and opposite naman pag naka O/D on...

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Glad to know that you're ok!

Try to bleed your brake lines and check if the fluid level goes down. Try to do this before you head for the casa because it might do a repeat performance .

I agree, your OD has nothing to do with it, na tiempohan ka lang siguro.

As they say, mawala na lahat, wag lang ang preno.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
lost brakes for almost 10 seconds