New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    There's a variation of this scheme which is done in heavily-populated areas where traffic slows to a crawl. I witnessed it sometime ago when I used to ride cabs more than I drove. A cab in front of mine was navigating the crowded streets of Pandacan when its rear door was suddenly opened by a teenager who then grabbed the lady passenger's handbag then ran straight to the side streets.

Another incident I witnessed was a girl who suddenly crossed the path of a slow-moving Revo in Sta Ana, causing the vehicle to stop. The girl acted indignant and got to an argument with the driver. Then a group of boys appeared at the back and opened the rear door and made off with some items including a small box (looked like a printer box to me).

Those experiences taught me to always lock my car doors the moment I get in. Same with cabs: if I sit in the back, I lock both left and right rear doors, if in the front, I lock my door. In fact, I easily get paranoid in crowded streets that I find myself constantly making sure my doors are locked by fiddling with the central locks. I know it's a bit OC but hey... you can never be too sure.

BTT:

I too have seen these kids in Edsa near Guadalupe. I never saw them open a vehicle's door, but I have seen them throwing stones and cans at each other IN THE MIDDLE OF THE HIGHWAY! No wonder that at 1 am, traffic suddenly slowed down a bit coming from Buendia upon reaching Guadalupe.

Dang... it's either you get robbed/picked, get hit by a stone/debris, or worse, you might accidentally hit one of them.

Paging the MMDA and the police!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jave View Post
    *marg:

They're busy wrestling with the DepEd & DoH.
    Yea, the stupid catholic church is busy meddling in government affairs.

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    There should be separation of church and the state... kaya lang iwan ko ba bakit nakikialam pa ang simbahan natin..... Bakit kasi hindi nalang sila tumakbo noong nakaraang election

Nakaka-awa nga talaga ang mga bata sa kalye at delikado para sa kanila na nandoon sa gitna para magpalimos at minsan napipilitan sila magnakaw dahil sa kahirapan.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by xtremerider View Post
    I'm surprise if we accidentally leave our door unlock while driving since the moment we enter the car, we have to close the door then open the ignition to start the engine and and the automatic door locking will engage, unless we drive an old school car this feature is not available, but to leave the door unlock is the same as not wearing a seat belt...we must practice the habit of locking the door or wearing seat belt since this will save our life someday.
    Agree with you that we should always lock our cars at all times for our safety, but the concept of "safety" on wearing a seatbelt for safety is different from the "safety" on locking the door. Very little to no chance naman of doors automatically swinging open during high-speed travel. bihira naman yung tumatapon yung mga doors when you get hit at the side. Lilipad lang yun with very very high impact, and I don't think locking the doors do much good. Talagang main "safety" purpose nya is to be a deterrent lang sya sa mga masasamang loob.

Haven't you for once dropped off a passenger sitting in the back seat, then forget to lock their door again? Nangyayari sa akin yan and I'm grateful to have speed sensing locks to ensure that re-locking always happens. But my point is, pwedeng-pwede syang makalimutan ng kahit sino, and I think it's quite callous of us to say that "okay lang ito because I always lock my doors". Isa pa, paano kung ikaw nasa likod ng isang taxi na binuksan, bigla syang pumreno, hindi ka nakahabol. Bangga. Lalabas kasalanan mo kasi ikaw bumangga sa kanya sa likod. Hindi naman tamang argument na "bakit ka biglang huminto?" o "bakit hindi mo mi-lock ang pinto mo?". Yung nasa likod parin ang magiging may kasalanan because one should always leave space to brake when tailiing a car, e paano kung tiyempong minalas ka. Hassle talaga ginagawa ng mga batang ito... and that's a fact that we should not be tolerating, despite their conditions in life.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Davao tactic na dapat yan.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by xtremerider View Post
    I'm surprise if we accidentally leave our door unlock while driving since the moment we enter the car, we have to close the door then open the ignition to start the engine and and the automatic door locking will engage, unless we drive an old school car this feature is not available, but to leave the door unlock is the same as not wearing a seat belt...we must practice the habit of locking the door or wearing seat belt since this will save our life
    2007 WRX and STI no auto-lock.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    2007 WRX and STI no auto-lock.
    That could be fixed simply by adding a car alarm with door auto-lock feature.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CoDer View Post
    Davao tactic na dapat yan.
    What Davao tactic? ...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    He is referring siguro sa DDS. Davao's finest

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by marg View Post
    Yea, the stupid catholic church is busy meddling in government affairs.
    It's not like there is only one church.? Why should the Catholic Church get all the blame? For all you know, these kids and their parents are not in anyway affiliated with the church you despise. Affiliation with these churches are voluntary on the premise that your membership brings any good to the organization. With Philippine government, when plurality says who, we are doomed if we have chosen the wrong people. In the same way that if you dont like your parish priest or pastor, you can commune with other believers in some other parishes or churches. You may even be churchless. Non- affiliation doesnt give you the right to call this special body politic "stupid".Just don't call the Church stupid. You are hurting the sensibilities of the faithful. This is even criminalized. The government as a body politic recognizes this. Scan the Revised Penal Code. Ask yourself too, if you have done more than enough. I did. I always do. But the efforts we put into it are in installments... too minute to a problem too gargantuan to address. It's a web of complication. Definitely, the people inside the church have its own failings. Likewise is definite: the Church isn't stupid.
    Last edited by ab_initio; June 27th, 2010 at 01:56 PM.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Kid/Teens Horsing Around in the middle of EDSA