New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi All!

Just thought I'd warn you guys...

This happened to me on January 18, 2009, Sunday, at around 15:54 - 16:10.

I was driving up the ramp way to Market! Market! when I noticed some children and adolescents peering down from above and paid them no mind as I presumed that they were just watching the cars pass. About a quarter to half way up the ramp way, I hear rocks hit my truck on the rear driver side door. I slowed a bit and peered up to see the aforementioned children and adolescents laughing. When I stopped the truck, they all backed away from the ramp way.

As I slowly continued up the ramp way, I noticed that they were back where I saw them (waiting for their next mark I guess). Upon reaching the stop light, I decided to make a u-turn and confront these people. When they saw me coming, some of them ran down the hill and the others took positions at the base of the billboard pointing to the ones who ran. I stepped down from the truck and proceeded to make a call to inform some people that I will be late and tell them what had happened to me. When the remainder of this group at the base of the billboard saw this, they all ran down the hill as quickly as they could. I secured the truck and walked towards the base of the billboard. (I guess they thought I was gonna have people arrest them or something)

Upon reaching the spot where they were, I can see a few pathways leading through the landscaping down to the highway (C5) and I could see the kids playing on the island throwing rocks and soil clumps at each other from the dirt mounds found on the island. (Another disaster waiting to happen should they miss their playmates) Later, I saw the adolescents walking from an unseen position to cross the highway. I guess they were waiting for me to go and when I stayed longer than they expected, they decided to cross. My truck suffered paint damage in several areas on the rear driver side door.

While I'm not expecting that those who did this will be caught and prosecuted, I'm hoping that steps will be taken to avoid such instances in the future. I guess I'm still lucky that I walked away from this with just knicks in my paint. What if they hit my window or windshield? Things would've turned out differently me thinks.

Let's just hope the local government or whoever is the authority in Bonifacio Global City doesn't wait until a high end vehicle or the vehicle of a VIP or celebrity go through the same thing before they take action.

Just venting as I just had the door that was hit repaired from a previous accident.

Thanks for listening.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Grabe namang mga tao ito,- nagti-trip na batuhin ang mga sasakyan....

Baka maging trend na ito sa lugar na iyan. Kailangang mahuli ang mga ito at mabigyan ng leksiyon o mapagsabihan man lamang ng mga autoridad....

7303:soda:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Although I am sure not a lot of people would agree with me, it would be great to have a BB rifle with scope to take snipe shots at these kids from a hidden location as they "try" to throw more rocks from the bridge.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    that is why they are squatters...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Can't wait for the day they also clear the area of squatters. That's what squatters are...illegally staying there. Ergo, they have to demolish their shanties.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Why are you hoping the local govt does something? Why don't you contact the local govt and inform them about what happen? If you inform them there is better chance of something being done as opposed to just hoping that something is done. I know the govt doesn't always do things but if you never tell them they'll never know they need to do something. It's like hoping and praying to win the lotto but never buying a ticket your chance of winning are zero, but if you buy one ticket at least the chance of winning is one.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    ok to ah. tapos gabi ba bili ka night vision para akala nila multo hehehe
    I would simply just do it from the grassy knoll on the side of the road.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Although I am sure not a lot of people would agree with me, it would be great to have a BB rifle with scope to take snipe shots at these kids from a hidden location as they "try" to throw more rocks from the bridge.

what if a real co2 gun with double action ammo so that it would cause

[SIZE=7]Permanent Damage!

[SIZE=2]:evillaugh[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    what if a real co2 gun with double action ammo so that it would cause Permanent Damage!
    Double action ammo with a CO2 rifle is only effective if you hit hard areas of the target. So if you hit fleshy areas, there is a big chance the round will not go off. And no need to go that much, even standard 22cal BB/pellet shots would be enough to give permanent warning to the intended targets.

And double action ammo are heavy and tend to drop faster than standard pellets in the same distance. To maintain accuracy within the rifle's range, increasing the gas pressure would work to a point.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    redorange:

I already filed a few reports with the authorities in charge of Bonifacio Global City, and the Ayala Corp. They will be taking steps to prevent this from happening again. Also, they will be coordinating with the local government so I guess you can say that I really did something about it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
January 18, 2009 Incident at ramp way to Market! Market!