New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I received a call from a representative of Club ultima after they got my card detail from a call card bowl in Manila Ocean Park. He sent me the following message (verbatim) via sms :

Club Ultima Company :
    Reminders / Venue

Congratulations! Gud day Mr/Mrs. See you tom at 5:30-7:00pm at AIC Burgundy Empire Tower, Unit 108 ground Flr, along ADB Ave Ortigas Center Pasig City exactly at the back of Robinsons Galleria beside of Moroso Bogique and 7-Eleven. Bring a valid ID together w/ ur spouse, ryt after the refreshment dat we serve, just finish the 90mins presentation for u to see the d complete facilities and aminities of each hotels dat we're promoting, so dat u will be having idea when & where u can use ur GC. The 5-STAR hotel accomodation GIFT CERTIFICATE in CROWN REGENCY hotel is absolutely free, no cost and no obligation in ur part. I'll c u then =im mr john franco= GODBLESS (pls dial 5090122, 3468718, or 09266474663, 09228825702, for more questions and clarification.)
    They have been calling persistently and i keep answering their call, to tell them i will be attending their presentation (but I have no plans on going).

I made a Google search, and found the following :

http://aboutmyrecovery.com/2008/06/1...aud-reporting/

http://jaydj.blogspot.com/2007/02/4-...n-regency.html

Lesson learned..Won't be dropping anymore calling cards anywhere from now on..tsk tsk

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    it's amazing people still fall for that stuff

some companies use freebies to draw in suckers... i mean potential customers

they gather suckers (oops... potential customers pala) and put them in a room, then they come out with the sales pitch

they're always trying to sell something
    Last edited by uls; January 12th, 2011 at 01:17 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    ...and watch their enthusiasm change abruptly after an hour of their sales pitch, say that you are not interested in whatever they are selling at kulang na lang ipasuka sa iyo yung libreng ice tea nila. Twice a sucker myself of this type of sales promo!

Total waste of time.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    umattend ako sa ganito kasi free dinner buffet. pero after ng buffet umalis na ko, di na ko nagstay for the presentation.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Umattend mom ko ng ganitong event one time without me knowing it.

Nakakuha sya ng overnight accomodation sa Astoria Manila and buffet lunch without shedding any cash. And take note. nasa Cagayan de Oro sya that time and nagkataon din naman na meron din silang event nun that time dun sa CDO. Legit naman sya since nagamit na namin. although pinipilit syang mag avail ng membership ek ek nila.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Remember, 99% of the time, the more agressive the salesperson is, it usually means the product stinks or it's a scam.

Take a look at those Family First/Prudential Insurance/crappy appliance stalls in the malls, for instance.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    hehehe ginawa ko na ito.

pero ako nag stay for a presentation lang pero sinabi ko kaagad na ano offer mo at kung magkano.

ng sabihin nila na ganito ganon sabi ko sorry i am not interested.

no more further presentations since it will just waste my time :D

Quote Originally Posted by kerf View Post
    umattend ako sa ganito kasi free dinner buffet. pero after ng buffet umalis na ko, di na ko nagstay for the presentation.

Innovative selling or a scam?