New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I am so glad I did not have a gun in my car, otherwise I would have killed 2 men tonight.

I was driving home when I passed a road where the traffic enforcer kept on signalling me to counterflow. It is normal practice for enforcers to do a counterflow on this road depending on traffic. Normally I don't like to be on the counterflow lane since I don't like having to merge back. But then I saw the opposite road was clear so I proceeded to counterflow, I overtook probably less than 5 cars then I was surprised to see one car and one motorcyle on the opposite lane so I tried to merge back. The one car took the outermost lane and went straight ahead but the motorcycle kept on driving straight. I knew immediately that this guy was angas and was bluffing to head on. A few inches from my front bumper, the idiot stopped. I would have shouted at him ( to tell him to verify with the enforcer) if this happened in daylight but then it was so dark and I could barely see him. He probably saw I was a helpless lady driver wearing glasses (kaya mas matapang siya). I had my headlights on and I am not sure if his headlights were strong enough to see me through the tint.

Kung matapang siya dapat tinuluyan niya. It didn't scare me at all because I have insurance. Hassle lang because I had my car buffed and applied 4 layers of KSG last week. Of course I want my car to have an untouched body too. If it were the 17 yr old Cathy, malamang sinalubong ko din siya or binangga ko siya when he stopped. Two less idiots on the road. Hindi pa na satisfy ang duwag, hinampas pa yung auto ko. Dun ako naasar because I spent so much time detailing my car. Wow how I wish my kuya or cousin were with me. I would love to see what would have happened to that bluffer.

These stupid barbarians are so good at assuming. Typical of neanderthals, sugod lang ng sugod. How I wish this motorycle driver would meet his match and get what he deserves. I really should get a nice dashcam.
    but in case an accident happened, the traffic enforcer can't help you.

i think dito rin sa Tsikot ko nabasa. A traffic enforcer didn't follow the traffic light and asked the red light traffic to go ahead. syempre nagpa go ng red while the other lane is a green nakabanggaan sa gitna. nagkibit balikat lang ang traffic enforcer.

ginagawa ko pag ganyang Nagpapa counterflow, either hindi ako sumasama or kung sumama man ako, hindi ako ang nauuna.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ same here

ang tanong ko is in case of an accident while counterflowing, will your insurer come through for you? as it is, pahirapan na mag-claim sa ibang mga insurance companies, paano pa kaya pag ganito ang sitwasyon

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Sa counter flow (kahit TE authorized) di ako masyado matigas kasi nakiki pabor ka lang. Pag nawala sa eksena si TE yari kana. Bigay bigay lang.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    What blows my mind is what was the douche thinking? Matatakot ako i head on niya ko e motor siya at kotse ko? Kaya naisip ko maybe he had a gun and was planning to shoot at me. If I had a gun binaril ko na siya talaga when he stopped inches away (good thing I didn't have one)

I was not aware that insurance might not pay in thar case ha. Malas talaga because I normally dont join counterflows dito pa ko nataon. Next time then I will never join even if enforcer begs me to. Haha.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Not surprising, they do that everyday. Patay kung patay ang mga yan, pina ng todo, cut ng alanganin, pasok sa blind spot etc so yung ginawa sayo is just another day for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I am so glad I did not have a gun in my car, otherwise I would have killed 2 men tonight.

I was driving home when I passed a road where the traffic enforcer kept on signalling me to counterflow. It is normal practice for enforcers to do a counterflow on this road depending on traffic. Normally I don't like to be on the counterflow lane since I don't like having to merge back. But then I saw the opposite road was clear so I proceeded to counterflow, I overtook probably less than 5 cars then I was surprised to see one car and one motorcyle on the opposite lane so I tried to merge back. The one car took the outermost lane and went straight ahead but the motorcycle kept on driving straight. I knew immediately that this guy was angas and was bluffing to head on. A few inches from my front bumper, the idiot stopped. I would have shouted at him ( to tell him to verify with the enforcer) if this happened in daylight but then it was so dark and I could barely see him. He probably saw I was a helpless lady driver wearing glasses (kaya mas matapang siya). I had my headlights on and I am not sure if his headlights were strong enough to see me through the tint.

Kung matapang siya dapat tinuluyan niya. It didn't scare me at all because I have insurance. Hassle lang because I had my car buffed and applied 4 layers of KSG last week. Of course I want my car to have an untouched body too. If it were the 17 yr old Cathy, malamang sinalubong ko din siya or binangga ko siya when he stopped. Two less idiots on the road. Hindi pa na satisfy ang duwag, hinampas pa yung auto ko. Dun ako naasar because I spent so much time detailing my car. Wow how I wish my kuya or cousin were with me. I would love to see what would have happened to that bluffer.

These stupid barbarians are so good at assuming. Typical of neanderthals, sugod lang ng sugod. How I wish this motorycle driver would meet his match and get what he deserves. I really should get a nice dashcam.
    from their point of view, they probably thought YOU were the barbarian. after all, you were counterflowing, they were not. did they know that the TE signalled you to counterflow? and who else besides you, knew your counterflow was allowed?
    in truth, i would point an accusatory finger at the TE. counterflowing needs more than just one TE to coordinate it, in the daytime... someone has to be at the opposite end, to fend off the opposite traffic..
    but at night??!!
    everyday / everynight occurence? there is always somebody new to that road.. anytime.

i have encountered un-announced counterflow before.. the cars just came at me, no TE, no warning! walang signage that there was counterflow going on..
    Last edited by dr. d; January 7th, 2016 at 10:41 AM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    What blows my mind is what was the douche thinking? Matatakot ako i head on niya ko e motor siya at kotse ko? Kaya naisip ko maybe he had a gun and was planning to shoot at me. If I had a gun binaril ko na siya talaga when he stopped inches away (good thing I didn't have one)

I was not aware that insurance might not pay in thar case ha. Malas talaga because I normally dont join counterflows dito pa ko nataon. Next time then I will never join even if enforcer begs me to. Haha.

Sorry to say this, but I really have no respect for those cheap MC riders (take note, CHEAP). They never finished GS or HS & were never brought up properly by their parents. My dog has more manners than the most of them. They will most likely vote for Binay. The person you encountered was most likely a thug.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Not surprising, they do that everyday. Patay kung patay ang mga yan, pina ng todo, cut ng alanganin, pasok sa blind spot etc so yung ginawa sayo is just another day for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am at a disbelief how morons like that guy exists. Maybe if I were driving my lolo's jeep aarangkada ako siya pa rin ang tatabi. How I wish I coud live in a motorcycle free city!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Only in the Philippines. There are more motorcycles in Vietnam and to me MC riders have relatively better manners compared to those here. It's not scientific observation but just a matter of perception. At naturingan pa tayong Kristiyanong bansa. Duh?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    I'd like to take the Pasig City as example how they implement the counterflow here. For those whose familiar on Rosario area, that lane is hellish during 6:30-7:30AM time. There's a TE there to monitor the traffic condition and if it's getting worse, they let the vehicle counterflow. But before that, they radio the other TE's on the other end to put a barrier (orange plastic like the one on edsa) to close the opposite lane.

Other cities should implement similar process.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast