New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I was driving home from Caloocan. When I reached the Monumento circle, there was a stalled W123 Mercedes Benz. It was causing a pretty bad traffic jam so I pulled up in front of it and approached them to assist. There was a middle aged guy, peering under the hood. In the Benz were some middle aged ladies.

Turns out the problem is electrical. Since we were being pestered by those Caloocan traffic enforcers wearing blue shirts and riding on scooters (either they were 'offering' to call tow trucks or offering to 'lend' their tow ropes), I just offer to tow the Benz (using my own recovery gear) to the nearby Shell station along EDSA. This might not have been to the delight of the scooter boys.

As I was in a dark part of EDSA nearing the Shell station, a Caloocan Police Isuzu Crosswind is shining his handheld spotlamp on my face and signalling me to pull over. So I pull over. Guess what, the cop is asking for my license! WTF!?

I asked what my violation was. Simple lang naman ang sagot niya: 'Masyadong mahaba tow rope mo.' So I refuse to even take my license out of my pocket for such a stupid charge.

[RANT TIME] Their outpost was under the LRT Monumento and they had seen the Mercedes stall for which they offered no assistance whatsoever. They saw me setting up for the tow wherein they also offered no assistance. Not even a warning for having a too generous tow rope (I use standard off-road recovery straps, not those flimsy mall cables).

So the cop was asking for my license which I refused to give until he could prove that such a regulation existed [I was still under the jurisdiction of Caloocan which has its own freakin' traffic code]. At this point, the guy I was towing alights from his disabled vehicle. Turns out he is the father of a CAMANAVA area politician. Tameme ang mga buwaya. I breathe a sigh of relief.

Hayop talaga mga pulis dito. Wala na ngang naitulong namemerwisyo pa! Hindi ko naman nilalahat. 99.99% lang siguro. Peace!

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

yan ang masama di ka na tutulungan peperahan ka pa... tsk tsk.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    anong klaseng kahayopan naman yan! bwiset masyado yung mga pulis na yun

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ang dami nilang alam na violation a...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    pucha! nakakainit naman ng ulo yang bwakanang*&# pulis na yan!! hayup!

serves him right to be admonished by the guy being towed.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Good job Otep!!! Sandali, baka naman gusto nila panali mo eh yong wire ng stetoscope (hope i got the spelling right, baka matikitan din ako)

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    naiirita ako sa mga pulis kung ano anong violation naiisip when in fact andaming lumalabag ng mga obvious violations on the road and yet they do nothing about it!

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    "to serve and protect"

good job sir!

Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    I was driving home from Caloocan. When I reached the Monumento circle, there was a stalled W123 Mercedes Benz. It was causing a pretty bad traffic jam so I pulled up in front of it and approached them to assist. There was a middle aged guy, peering under the hood. In the Benz were some middle aged ladies.

middle-aged ladies ba talaga boss OTEP or ladies in their mid-20's.
    Last edited by konde; May 8th, 2006 at 10:38 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di ba meron book containing all philippine traffic rules and regulations? would it be a good idea to keep one in the car so that you can ask the dumb man in blue/yellow/pink/whatever what specifically the violation is and then shove it up his freekin a$$.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    HAha, tameme ang gagong buwaya.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
I get busted by the cops for assisting a stalled motorist!