New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I just want to know what you do to prevent getting mad on the road. I mean for me, i listen to music then di ako nagmamadali, i even made it a point to tell myself na di ako magagalit during my drive to the office and back, i do that every day coz i've been in a lot of situation where i got mad and i didn't like the feeling. No matter how i prepare myself for the daily drive there's always a situation that would ticked me off like, buses stopping on the middle lane of EDSA and all the other inconsiderate drivers. So what's your way in preventing road rage?

2. Join Date
    May 2005

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    inuunahan ko. then keep him/her out of my sight.

kasi pag pinauna ko pag nakikita ko yung kotse niya di matigil ang inis ko. kung pwede lumiko ka nalang at humanap ng ibangdaan.yun ginagawa ko pag matinding galit ang nararamdaman ko. out of sight..out of mind.hehehehe
    Last edited by GlennSter; April 24th, 2006 at 09:25 AM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    ako.. i just take a deep breath, smile and iling nalang.. (at the back of my mind sinasabi ko, mababangga ka rin..)

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    That thing about not seeing the other car anymore is true. Pag di mo na sila nakikita parang ok na, pero pag nandyan pa parang gusto ko pang kabigan ng pino e. Parang uncontrolable instinct na yata yun road rage e. It was featured in Top Gear din before on how to prevent it but it's not that easy.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSter
    inuunahan ko. then keep him/her out of my sight.

kasi pag pinauna ko pag nakikita ko yung kotse niya di matigil ang inis ko. kung pwede lumiko ka nalang at humanap ng ibangdaan.yun ginagawa ko pag matinding galit ang nararamdaman ko. out of site..out of mind.hehehehe
    ditto.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    as much as possible I try to avoid beverage with too much sugar, like Zest-O, Zesto Cola, etc before driving

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Pag talagang hot headed ka.... mahirap gamutin yan.... me mga tao kasi talagang maiinintin ang ulo. Yun bang maliit na bagay lang ay galit agad. Kailangan siguro ay dagdagan mo ang pang unawa mo at pasensya.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    As for that article, I always do number 10. Practice road courtesy... don't travel too close to the guy in front of you, let people merge when they signal... signal when you merge.

Still doesn't help much for the times that you're almost killed by the next bastard that comes along. Road manners and safety practices have become so absurdly bad in the past few months that even my wife (who sits in the back seat to preserve her sanity) is getting road rage.

Some other tips... Glennster's tactic is one of the best... I usually overtake the guy (feeling of satisfaction) and leave him/her far behind, or let the blazing speed demon pass me and get out of sight. Taking another route is a good idea, too.

But when you're very angry at the person, it's easy to transfer that anger to another target... and then another. Road rage, once built up, doesn't disperse readily. It's a good idea, in situations like this, to stop at a gas station, pop the hood open, and let off some steam, both you and the car. Get a drink of water (not coffee or coke!) and a couple of biscuits or chips. Relax. Watch the world go by.

Once the car has cooled down, then it's time to go again.

I know I'm guilty of taking driving too seriously. I think sometimes we all need to lighten up. Gas breaks help. So do mall breaks. Once you're firmly out of the "I've got to get there on time!" mode, you're reasonably safe from road rage.

Good luck to you guys. My work is in the province, so I don't have to drive in Manila that often. When I do, I find that my road rage becomes uncontrollable if I drive more than three days in a row (diabetics can empathize... ang hirap magcontrol ng blood sugar sa traffic!). I guess the best way to curb road rage is to use your coding day as a break from driving. Use a driver, take a taxi or bus and don't pay attention to what the driver is doing. Seriously... don't. Take a nap, and you'll get to work refreshed.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Ilalabas ko lahat sa busina sabay overtake. As much as possible nde ko na titingnan yung kotse para makalimutan ko na agad. Walang personalan ba. Pag nde ako tinantanan... tsaka ko hahabulin hanggang village nila. Nyahaha. biro lang :D

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
How to Prevent Road Rage