New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Your decision is understandable - to warn other Trooper owners. It is actually commendable, I just posted my reply as a reminder not to get too specific lest allow the information to leak out. Better yet if you come up with a solution (perhaps to reinforce that section of metal with something to prevent it from happening again) then by all means post it here.

Possibly part of the "laptop gang"? Always keep your belongings out of sight whenever possible. Or bring them with you if you cannot leave them out of sight. At one time I brought a camera, laptop and some stuff with me in my car. It didn't have a tonneau cover (Jazz) so I hid the laptop under the carpet in the cargo compartment, the camera under the rear seat, the laptop cables in the parcel shelf on the cargo compartment wall, and some stuff I brought with me. At first glance wala ka makita. Some thieves are opportunists too and might chance at the first sign of electronics they see.
    Last edited by mbeige; August 5th, 2007 at 11:08 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The troopers door handles is not that easy to force open. If i was a thief it would be much easier to brake the glass than thinker with the handles. If you had a motion detector, working on the door would have activated it without entry. Where as if i broke the glass i could have gotten your.... and run while the alarm is sounding.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
How door on Isuzu Trooper was forced open