New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    I'm just wondering when before you can really be apprehended for "beating the red light"... because I have already had 2 experiences wherein I was apprehended for having been caught on a yellow light in the middle of the intersection, is that even fair?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 5000rpm View Post
    I'm just wondering when before you can really be apprehended for "beating the red light"... because I have already had 2 experiences wherein I was apprehended for having been caught on a yellow light in the middle of the intersection, is that even fair?
    If it is a change from green to yellow,- stop bro... if you have not crossed the intersection, no matter what's the amount of time it takes to change from yellow to red.

If the (green to yellow) change happened when you are already in the middle of the intersection,- you have no choice but to fully traverse it.

In some countries,- automatic picture iyan,- no contest. And all that you can do is give it your best smile!!!!

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

26.5K _/_/_/_/_/:taunt:_/_/_/_/_/

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    [COLOR="#008080"]If the (green to yellow) change happened when you are already in the middle of the intersection,- you have no choice but to fully traverse it.
    Eto! Eto ang paborito ng mga animal na MTPB sa Manila. Beating the yellow light!

gusto ata huminto ka sa kalagitnaan ng intersection.

Iba yung hinabol mo yung ilaw sa nagpalit ng ilaw habang pasok ka na sa gitna.

OT

Ang alam lang ng mga gunggong na yan eh coding tsaka beating the yellow light for PRIVATE VEHICLES ONLY.

pero mga PUJs / trikes / kuliglig parang wala sa paningin nila!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Times like these, a dashcam will be very, very handy. Para kitang kita kung kelan nag shift ang stoplight.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Buendia turning to paseo. Green light when we crossed tapos bigla nag traffic at inabot kami ng red sa intersection. At least 3 cars kami hinuli Malay ba namin na biglang magtraffic e flowing naman when we crossed the intersection.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    [QUOTE=CVT;2557493][COLOR="#008080"]

If it is a change from green to yellow,- stop bro... if you have not crossed the intersection, no matter what's the amount of time it takes to change from yellow to red.

If the (green to yellow) change happened when you are already in the middle of the intersection,- you have no choice but to fully traverse it.

In some countries,- automatic picture iyan,- no contest. And all that you can do is give it your best smile!!!!

Yes this is what I do if green to yellow, i do stop at all times, but what always got me is yung nasa gitna na ako then bigla nag yellow, huli pa din.. there was one time sa recto/rizal ave intersection... sa sobrang inis ko I really argued with the enforcer.. ayun in the end pinaalis din ako...

Nakakainis lang kasi na we don't know when those lights will change, unless you intentionally crossed the intersection when it's already red.. para bang alam mo ba kung kailan ka babatukan ng katabi mo...

Sana nga all the traffic lights will have those timer thing para mas clear...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Kaya nga dapat maging SOP na yung timers for every stoplight.

Maiiwasan ito since hindi ka nanghuhula when will the light change.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Ang daming beses ko nang naabutan ng RED light sa intersection ng SanMig Ave /ADB Ave <--> JVargas dahil sa mga pasaway na jaywalkers that insist on crossing the road kahit na GREEN light na yung lane mo, at RED yung pedestrian crossing light.
    Tapos yung mga traffic enforcers, busy sila sa paghuli ng mga naka number coding na sasakyan.

Pero hindi pa rin ako nahuhuli. Mukhang reasonable naman yung traffic enforcers dahil alam nila na hindi ako nakatawid dahil sa jaywalkers.

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    it is a common issue for all philippine motorist. the traffic light is green, we can see that the traffic ahead is flowing but very congested yet we still move forward hoping for the best. sometimes like what you mentioned there flow suddenly slows down. light turns red, our pretty car is in the middle of the intersection. grid lock.

this is a traffic offense in some countries. but in philippines ang sagot lagi ng majority motorista, "green pa eh. malay ko ba magiging traffic. dont blame me.. blame the people ahead and ayusin nyo daan."

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by screws View Post
    it is a common issue for all philippine motorist. the traffic light is green, we can see that the traffic ahead is flowing but very congested yet we still move forward hoping for the best. sometimes like what you mentioned there flow suddenly slows down. light turns red, our pretty car is in the middle of the intersection. grid lock.

this is a traffic offense in some countries. but in philippines ang sagot lagi ng majority motorista, "green pa eh. malay ko ba magiging traffic. dont blame me.. blame the people ahead and ayusin nyo daan."
    I agree with this.. which brings out yet another "problem" on the road.. if you happen to have someone at your back who does not understand this, or just pure "atat" will keep blowing their horns behind you...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by screws View Post

I agree with this.. which brings out yet another "problem" on the road.. if you happen to have someone at your back who does not understand this, or just pure "atat" will keep blowing their horns behind you...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast