New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2008
    August 31, 2011
    Tandang Sora cor Commonwealth Ave (Across McDonalds)

Toyota Corolla (w/ Grupo Toyota sticker on rear glass)
    Plate: PRN 130
    Year: 1990
    Color: Silver
    Driver: 30-35 year old man

At around 7:35pm, the said car was backing up (I suppose from McDonalds) and rammed into the driver's door of my Montero Sport. Traffic was already standstill at that time so I had no more choice but to just hold my horn while he rear-ended my car. He parked on the side of the road and went down his car. He blamed the parking boy for giving wrong instructions. I insisted to settle the issue at the nearby police station but he was hesitant and said, "Abala daw." I told him I needed a police report for my insurance. Since there was no enforcer that attended to us, I told him to just follow me to the police station under the flyover. Then there, in our convoy along Commonwealth, he disappeared all of a sudden.

I know I'm partly to blame because I trusted him too much and didn't get his license details. I also wasn't too focused on the situation as I am also dealing with other work-related problems. Now, I'll definitely charge this to experience and from now on, never be too trustworthy especially in traffic altercations.

However, any information that would lead me to the owner of this vehicle would be highly appreciated. I already filed a hit and run case and will soon tap into our contacts hopefully to trace the owner/driver.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    If he said "Abala daw." to me I would get my keys and scrape on his hood "D!CK" in big letters because he is one....
    Clearly when he was backing up he could see your SUV a mile away, he is totally at fault.
    I also had a similar experience; an ugly old woman parked too close next to my car with me still in it, and when she got out she slammed her car door against my car it left a big dent and chipped off my paint, I got out and argued that its her fault. She acted like a huge B!TCH and didn't give me a cent... The next dumb move she made is she stormed off and never moved her car so I wrote "B!0TCH on her hood with my keys and moved my car to a different car park...

Well at least you could now put a Police Blotter on his car since you have his plates....

And let Karma do its thing....

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    buwisit talaga yung mga ugaling ganyan! buti na nga lang naplakahan mo ungas na yan!

4. Join Date
    May 2008
    Ang mali ko, di ko nakuha yung license which could make things a whole lot easier.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Siya na nga nakaabala ang lakas pa ng loob magsalita ng ganun. And i always notice that everytime there's an accident, the erring driver would always put the blame on everyone except him/herself.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Kaya nga the last time na binunggo ako,- kinuha ko ang driver's license ng nakabunggo at tsaka lang kami pumunta sa traffic police station.... May mga ganyang tumatakbo sa responsibilidad, kahit na maayos ang inyong usapan....

Abala iyan sa iyo, bro.

14.0K:bike3:

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    Post this at the grupo toyota forums

8. Join Date
    May 2008
    Already did sir

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Sa pagkakaalam ko, pwede mong i-claim sa insurance na hit and run yan. Hahabulin *yata* ng insurance yung nakabangga sa iyo. Mas mapepeste siguro sya ng insurance mo.

10. Join Date
    May 2008
    Yes I'm providing a sketch of the incident and a notarized affidavit to my insurer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Hit and Run (Toyota Corolla PRN 130)