New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Kausap ko dad ko kanina. Nakausap raw siya nung insurance agent namin. Advice daw sa kanya ,pagawan ko ng police report pero sabihin ko na hindi namin nakuha yung plate number nung montero. Sabi daw ng agent ganun na lang para hindi na komplikado yung issue. Bakit kaya ganun??? Ayaw ko na matakasan nung montero yung kanyang responsibility. Drunk driving + hit and run yun. Mabigat na kaso yun diba?

Sabi ko naman kay dad na sabihan yung agent na baka pwede sila na humabol sa montero since nakuha naman yung plate number. Still awaiting insurance agent feedback..

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gertrude View Post
    matagal pa pag police report. attorney's affidavit na lang tapos declare mo lang na hit & run. tapos nun insurance na hahabol dyan sa montero. masakit nga lang sa bulsa yung participation...

charge everything to the Montero's insurance. para wala ka ng bayaran.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by PareKoy View Post
    Kausap ko dad ko kanina. Nakausap raw siya nung insurance agent namin. Advice daw sa kanya ,pagawan ko ng police report pero sabihin ko na hindi namin nakuha yung plate number nung montero. Sabi daw ng agent ganun na lang para hindi na komplikado yung issue. Bakit kaya ganun??? Ayaw ko na matakasan nung montero yung kanyang responsibility. Drunk driving + hit and run yun. Mabigat na kaso yun diba?

Sabi ko naman kay dad na sabihan yung agent na baka pwede sila na humabol sa montero since nakuha naman yung plate number. Still awaiting insurance agent feedback..
    Di ko ma gets kung bakit gustong palabasin nung insurance nyo na hindi nakuha ang plate nung monty.. What's complicated with making a report stating na hit & run yung nangyari?.. Diba mas ok sa kanila kung yung insurance ng monty ang mag babayad?

Just my two cents.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    i guess gusto nila mangyari ifile ko na lang ang claim sa sarili kong insurance. Mas mabilis ata marelease ang LOA kung wala na iinvestigate yung insurance agency. Kaso I really want to make that montero pay

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Baka naman kaya ayaw ipalagay yung plate number ng Montero is to make your claim fast, via own damage nga lang and this will make you shell out for participation + tataas yung premium mo. I do hope my assumption is wrong.

Advice lang is talk to your insurance and make them work for you, that's why you're paying them.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    ^Yup parang ganyan rin hinala ko. Pero i don't think own damage yung gusto palabasin nung agent. Gusto nya ifile ko na walang witness sa incident. Sabihin ko raw pagkakita ko sa car, may tama na.

will call the insurance co later. thanks everyone

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    own damage insurance is the part of the comprehensive insurance that covers the insured car, in this case your car. the property damage is the other partys' vehicle, sample if you hit another car and its your fault the PD will cover the damages. Yes I feel that the assumption of the other forumers about the move of the insurance agent is that you will claim on your OD therefore you will shell out participation and parts depreciation if applicable. Question is are you willing to shell out money for the damages done by the MS?

calling fireblade maybe you can give the TS info about the Monty.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    double posting....grrrrr.....

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    ^thanks for the clarification.

Update:
    Went to the makati police along ayala extension yesterday. Was referred to the traffic bureau office in the building in front of makati city hall. Filled up an affidavit form, gave all the important details and the police officer took pictures of the car. Shelled out P150 for the pics The officer told me they'll contact the other party regarding this issue and to come back on Saturday for the police report.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, if the Makati traffic bureau guys get their act together despite the season, they'll be contacting the Montero owner soon, and ask him/her to come over for questioning, or for them to submit their statement. Not sure if they'll still ask you 2 to meet face to face. Mabilis sila kung maibigay yung police report by Saturday. Just keep on following up with them.

On the insurance side, when I was hit by a taxi along SLEX many years back, coz the driver of the taxi apparently suffered a heart attack, I reported it to my insurance, fyi lang, just so they knew. Wasn't planning on collecting, coz the guy was DOA at the hospital. They just asked if I wanted to pursue it, coz all I needed to submit were the police report, and participation fee, and they would go after the driver's family, and then reimburse me for the participation fee.

So, if you follow your insurance agent's idea, it'll be considered own damage, and you won't be able to get your participation back.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Hit & RUN Montero NQK-890