New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    lampas na ako pero gusto ko pa din sumali..pwede pa ba? ;)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Yes. May 20 is this coming Saturday if you check your calendars.

If you are talking about age, sure. The council maybe not but you are free to join the seminar

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    1.2 million Lives are lost yearly in road accidents. Globally that’s 3,242 lives per day, 2 lives per minute. Statistics show that young people aged 17 to 24 are more likely to be involved in road crashes than any other age group. That is why educating them as early as possible is key to preventing such accidents from happening. The SK of Dasmarinas Village with the leadership of it’s SK Chairwoman, Maria Luisa and in cooperation with the Ford Road Safety Youth Council is having a seminar this Saturday, May 20, 2006 1-3pm at the 2nd floor multipurpose hall Campanilla Park.

The seminar is called R.I.D.E. or Responsibility In Driver Education and is for people ages 15-25. The seminar will teach not just driver, but also passenger and pedestrian road safety. You don’t have to have a driver’s license to join as road safety is not just for those who drive. It shall be taught by JP Tuason of Tuason Racing School. JP is an AF3 race car driver and is a strong believer in road safety, showing that Racing and Safety can be put in the same sentence.

The Ford Road Safety Youth Council was founded because of Ford Philippines' commitment to road safety as a way to create awareness for road safety by the youth for the youth.

Ford has forged a partnership with 3 organizations who support the advocacy in road safety, namely Tuason Racing School (TRS), Society of Philippine Motoring Journalists (SPMJ) and the Safety Organization of the Philippines, Inc. (SOPI) for the implementation of the R.I.D.E. seminars.

The R.I.D.E. seminar includes topics such as driving accident facts, road signs and common traffic violations, defensive driving, road hazards, driving etiquette and techniques, car conditions and understanding the vehicle’s safety features.

The R.I.D.E. program has already in the past year conducted sessions in 13 schools in Metro Manila and is also conducted for a number of Ford’s fleet customers and employees.

Those who join the seminar may then sign up for the R.I.D.E. Defensive Driving course where they will be taught a hands-on lesson with a trained instructor from Tuason Racing School. They can also join the Road Safety Youth Council (RSYC) an organization with an advocacy for road safety. It’s a great out of school activity for the youth and will help make a difference in society. It is also a great way to meet new people and learn how to work in the corporate world!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Ayos yan.

Libre na may matutunan ka pa.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    First to find is the will to go. And that will only come from within.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Here is another article about us that I found online (the rest I couldn't find)

http://www.mb.com.ph/YTCP2006051864288.html

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    indeed! a great project of jp tuason.

in the first place...trabaho ng gobyerno to. hinde dapat pinamimigay ng LTO ang lisensya porket nagbayad...dapat may natutunan ang isang gustong maging motorista.

Having a DRIVING LICENSE is not a priviledge...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Just to clarify, this is a project of Ford Philippines, Tuason Racing School, Safety Organization of the Philippines and the Society of Philippine Motor Journalists.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Help Reduce Irresponsible Drivers On the Road