New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    http://www.wired.com/autopia/2009/11...mes-road-rage/

She found the rats that had breathed gas fumes were more likely to exhibit aggressive behavior such as chattering their teeth, arching their backs and biting. Rats exposed to unleaded fuel were slightly more likely to show aggression than those exposed to leaded fuel.

“Rats exposed to unleaded gasoline showed indications of increased damage caused by free radicals and altered levels of neurotransmitters in the brain cortex region, in comparison with the control or leaded-gasoline groups,” she said. “Furthermore, inhalation of both fuels induced significant fluctuations in neurotransmitters in the hypothalamus, hippocampus and cerebellum.”
    Original study:
    http://www.biomedcentral.com/1472-6793/9/21/abstract

-

It all suddenly starts to make sense, actually... how so many people (myself included) can be one person in real life, and another person entirely behind the wheel...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I dont think it need gasoline fumes to spark road rage. It is simply the feeling of inability or helplessness of getting from point A to B that can do it.

The car is a symbol of mobility, "personal escape" and independence for many of us yet when operating it can cause frustrations when other vehicles reduce your mobility simply by blocking your way or slowing you down in your progress.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The car itself also isolates us from our neighbor car drivers. It generates a feeling of being anonymous and leads to feelings that you can get away with some actions that you normally would not get away in human society.

Common courtesy among pedestrians can suddenly evaporate when those same people are placed into cars on the road.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The car itself also isolates us from our neighbor car drivers. It generates a feeling of being anonymous and leads to feelings that you can get away with some actions that you normally would not get away in human society.

Common courtesy among pedestrians can suddenly evaporate when those same people are placed into cars on the road.
    Hey, I'm still courteous... when I'm not overtaking or "cruising" at 180...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Uhhh no! Nakaka-relax nga eh

Gasoline fumes = Road Rage?