New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt
    Actually di hearsay to. Here's the story. Hirap na talaga magdrive mag-isa ngayon. :praning:
    "Hearsay", in the sense that I have no personal knowledge about it; but, my source is 100% credible. It is good that you got the "story" to back-up mine; but the above post is right, error occurs.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    I believe the message is the same as what attynorby posted at the start of the thread. Anyhow, here is the message verbatim from its source in pinoydvd.

Originally posted by "firewired" of pinoydvd - Oct. 28, 2005

This happened last night, October 27, and was witnessed by one of my relatives:

A word of caution to all private car owners/drivers:

I witnessed an ambush/kidnap/carjack incident around midnight last night while driving home on Katipunan Avenue (in front of White Plains). A beige Toyota Altis blocked the path of a black Toyota Fortuner. Heavily armed men (all carrying automatic rifles) streamed out of the Altis and forced the driver of the Fortuner (a man in his 30s) to get into the back seat of the SUV. All this looked pretty well planned since they deployed other people to stop what little traffic there was. I, unfortunately, was the very first car behind the Fortuner. They probably got a good look at my face AND my number plates.

Criminals are taking advantage of the fact that our country is in disarray: remember that Camp Aguinaldo is just next door to White Plains. Please, please, PLEASE be careful when driving at night. If you do choose to travel late, make sure you have other passengers. Use only well-lighted thoroughfares, and in case you're alone in the vehicle, do NOT drive near the side of the road. There's a higher chance that carnappers can box you in.

Let's all hope and pray that whatever crap going on in the government gets resolved soon so the citizenry can go about living normal, secure lives.

Have a safe holiday.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Altis?

Kung ako ang naka Fortuner... edi binangga ko na agad yan pagka harang pa lang sa akin.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    I believe the message is the same as what attynorby posted at the start of the thread. Anyhow, here is the message verbatim from its source in pinoydvd.

Originally posted by "firewired" of pinoydvd - Oct. 28, 2005

This happened last night, October 27, and was witnessed by one of my relatives:

A word of caution to all private car owners/drivers:

I witnessed an ambush/kidnap/carjack incident around midnight last night while driving home on Katipunan Avenue (in front of White Plains). A beige Toyota Altis blocked the path of a black Toyota Fortuner. Heavily armed men (all carrying automatic rifles) streamed out of the Altis and forced the driver of the Fortuner (a man in his 30s) to get into the back seat of the SUV. All this looked pretty well planned since they deployed other people to stop what little traffic there was. I, unfortunately, was the very first car behind the Fortuner. They probably got a good look at my face AND my number plates.

Criminals are taking advantage of the fact that our country is in disarray: remember that Camp Aguinaldo is just next door to White Plains. Please, please, PLEASE be careful when driving at night. If you do choose to travel late, make sure you have other passengers. Use only well-lighted thoroughfares, and in case you're alone in the vehicle, do NOT drive near the side of the road. There's a higher chance that carnappers can box you in.

Let's all hope and pray that whatever crap going on in the government gets resolved soon so the citizenry can go about living normal, secure lives.

Have a safe holiday.
    This story and other car-related crimes remain unpublished. We are lucky that we are kept informed thru this forum/site.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    This is where the "vehicle tracking system" via web/SMS discussed in the other carjacking thread should have played well.

Once that Altis blocked your path, press the panic button on your vehicle tracking system and your vehicle automatically becomes "hot". It would then be a matter of minutes before the police can track down where the vehicle is.

It works in theory but I'm not sure how many of you have availed of this technology.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Well, some vehicle tracking device has a subscription from a GIS co. And i tell u that is expensive. Try TxtAlert device na GSM tracking via SMS but this is less expensive. One-time payment lang on the device and the rest, u already has the control to your car. PM me for info and brochure. FYI, some tsikoteers already has scheduled their car to be installed with this device after a very convincing demo last week.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    true. if fortuner yan, edi banggain na niya yung car blocking them. back up a bit to gain extra space to get momentum, then ram the blocker.

bahala na insurance after that.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    Altis?

Kung ako ang naka Fortuner... edi binangga ko na agad yan pagka harang pa lang sa akin.

Just like to add that if you do this kind of stunt, medyo delikado...after you hit him, they might chase you and much worse will fire upon you with their armalites...

ANother thing when your ride has bullet holes... I think hindi yan sasagutin ng insurance, kasi it's always stipulated in the policy na excluded ang acts of terrorism when filing a claim unless you pay addtional premium for this item...

Better bigay na lang ang ride then file claim na lang sa insurance...

WBR,

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nugundam93
    true. if fortuner yan, edi banggain na niya yung car blocking them. back up a bit to gain extra space to get momentum, then ram the blocker.

dont you think this would only anger the carjackers and that a Corolla Altis can outrun a fleeing Fortuner?

yep, bahala na relatives to pick up the dead body if the carjackers fire their semi-automatic at the fleeing victim

10. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by nugundam93

a friend of mine tried that once using his 2005 camry he planned to ram 2 people standing on his way (trying to carjack him)...he ended up with bullets all over his body... he died on the spot leaving his wife to be a widow and kids growing up not knowing who their dad was

easy for you to say that kiddo but suggest to surrender your vehicle and hope for the best if ever you encounter such a situation we cant really be sure what our reaction would be during gunpoint...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Fortuner: Carjacked!