New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    over protective mom of her special child.

foreigner (or any other guy for that matter) not comfortable with someone standing too close in front, gives a nudge. ok, push. normal di ba. try standing close to anyone's front space in an elevator and you'll see.

mom, overprotective as always, sees red. mom has computer, writes bolg.

who is the real victim here? the child? hell no, a push is nothing but just that, a push. a little "move it" nudge wth the thigh perhaps. the only thing is the child is special, and a push becomes, to him, a kick. i don't think so, he did not get a knee kick on the back! if i give somebody a knee on his back he will be down on the floor, crowded elevator or wherever.

me thinks victim here is the guy, whose only fault was giving the boy a little nudge and deciding that keeping his mouth shut is better than talking to this loud mouth woman. he's an expat, he remembers the #1 expat rule of keeping a low profile, he is careful not to make a scene. he keeps his eyes on the elevator door, wishing it it his floor already so he can get out. poor guy!

besides, does everything now needs to be broadcast in the internet? if you have a grudge againts someone in your own building then is it not enough to complain to the building admin? do you really have to write a blog and subject another person to the prejudices which you condition the whole world to believe by your one-sided story?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by coiter View Post
    if you were having a bad day and you accidentally made one lousy mistake, do you think you also deserve something like that?
    well most people having a bad day can make lousy mistake and sometimes can cause peoples LIVES... just because they are having a bad bad day...

what if that person having a bad day, made a lousy mistake and suddenly pulled out a gun and shot you in the face?? that is a lousy mistake you dont want to happen...

Quote Originally Posted by coiter View Post
    well kung totoo ngang nasumbong na sa authorities, e di sila na bahala dun. i dunno why it still had to be posted or spread in the internet.
    the internet is open to all, just be responsible in posting your blogs or whatever comments, thoughts in your mind..or just venting it out.. many will learn about others experiences good or bad...

its good it is posted here so others would be aware that these things that may happen.... we can learn from this..

true or not still this is not impossible to happen especially nowadays the metro is full of foreigners.. so just be aware always

but i also agree that there is no need to mention the name yet until proven guilty... describing the situation is enough

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    *Coiter first of all you saw that I posted the NEWS article as is VERBATIM. And i was fair to Mr. Cole citing he seemed like a reasonable guy. I even watched his daughter's youtube video competing in some martial arts contest. Which to me sounds like he is a proud father.

This guy IS a father and I'm sure he knows a thing or two about child discipline. My point is, if it isn't your kid don't use force you tell it to his/her parents. For me I've been ran over several times by rambunctious kids in the mall, if the parent reprimands the kid that is enough for me, I even smile at the kid and do my best not to be negative. I don't go all the way using force. most especially physical force.

The story is an unfortunate incident. A repost is needed because there are many elitist out there who does this and many victims who may not know what to do. This is exactly the point of the repost.

I reserved my opinion to myself and let people talk about it themselves. You would notice that the article is a statement by the victim. Not a single word is paraphrased. So the responsibility of the names being mentioned falls upon the real author of these statements in an email who was Jan Arceo-Chavez and the Publisher and Writers of Philippine Star.

It is not me who wrote the article so you should not point a finger at me. This is published in a national paper and when it does our law does not prohibit blogging about it. If there is anyone liable here it is the Philippine Star who placed the article over the internet. It spread in blogging sites because it "struck" a nerve on some Filipinos.

The purpose set fort in this thread is exactly open a discussion, that some quarters of our society lets abuse happen to them especially from these "visitors".

The story is one sided but I'd post Mr. Cole's response ASAP should I get it.

Now that's fair and balanced.

With regards to freedom in the internet. Wake up. its 2008. People no longer need to lie to keep a tight face. You know what the worse quality of the Filipino ? It is we hate to lose face, we hate being told outright we are wrong and we act like doormats when an offense fall upon us.

It is not a sin to reason out and fight back, especially if you know you are right. That's exactly what this mother did. And you cannot blame her for getting some sympathizers.

Likewise you cannot blame her for getting detractors. This is how democracy works folks. It's getting more difficult to lie these days. You can be youtubed and googled for your gaffes and stupidity. This is how the internet is shaping our culture. We become more self analytical and in the end hopefully become better persons.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Update: I learned that the parties are reaching out to each other and is making amends.

Hopefully this just becomes a case study on expat social decorum and a wake up call to all Filipinos not to act like doormats.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    madaming ganyan. may kilala na akong isa...binugbog yun pinay na gf nya...duguan

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by daimengrui View Post
    It is not me who wrote the article so you should not point a finger at me.
    oh so there lies the misunderstanding. i wasn't blaming you or accusing you of anything. i was referring to the original blogger or 'victim'. so my apologies if there was any confusion.

The story is one sided but I'd post Mr. Cole's response ASAP should I get it.
    good then. and i hope it does.

With regards to freedom in the internet. Wake up. its 2008. People no longer need to lie to keep a tight face. You know what the worse quality of the Filipino ? It is we hate to lose face, we hate being told outright we are wrong and we act like doormats when an offense fall upon us.
    even if it's 2008, the constitution or our laws still remain the same. does the definition of respect and ettiquette also change with the times?

i'm a filipino and i don't mind being told straight in the face of what i did wrong as long as it's valid and true beyond reasonable doubt. but i wouldn't want my name read anywhere until i was proven guilty especially if it's not a reflection of my true self. and if it's a domestic or personal problem, keep it that way. kung nang-estafa siguro ako or i was running from any liability, i deserve to be named everywhere.

again i don't accuse you of any wrong doing. balik tayo sa nagsulat nun. it's just that any small small misunderstanding may be blown out of proportion and can damage your name and reputation forever. even if you prove the original writer to be a liar, the damage has been done and not all can be restored. a little restraint na lang siguro sa original writer. similarly, stealing a candy doesn't deserve a death sentence.

peace

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Etiquette is relative to the kind of culture you grew up with. You feel an estafa case warrant a mention of your name anywhere without proving guilt but an apparent child assault caught on CCTV does not? The story is published in print media anyways so what's your point about etiquette? I did not go beyond my bounds adding data to the story.. You can check the Phil Star word for word and I did not change a single punctuation.

You claim foul over the mere reposting of the article hence your rant about why "spread" the word correct? I already told you my motives. I am merely echoing what has transpired based on the accounts of this person, which may perhaps be single sided at the moment but that doesn't mean at all there is no merit in her ordeal. The mere fact she reveal her name is enough for me to consider truth in her statements no matter how emotional it may seem to be.

Stealing candy does not warrant death sentence? Is that what you think of child assault like stealing candy? At any rate the blog attacks against him is a mere slap in the face not a death sentence. People growl at a person peeing at a Ferrari but a possible child assault you say shame on me for echoing a mother's grief. If he did that in Singapore he will be caned and justice will be swift. So I am sorry that I should be shamed for defending women and children from a possible attack on our liberties on our own soil by a visiting foreign person. Because for me to do nothing in an obvious disregard and disrespect to our people breaks my "etiquette".

I believe sir you are too much liberal in your beliefs perhaps you watch too much CNN.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    *daimengrui

whatever you say sir, that's your opinion and i have my own. i hope we respect that. you can interpret everything i say in any manner you want and i can't control it. but please also give me the benefit of the doubt. as you said, it's how democracy works and let the freedom of speech prosper. and please, i don't mean to be sarcastic and/or insulting when i said that and my earlier apology. so let's not get too personal about this.

anyway, if you would allow me, let me rephrase my point by citing yebo's comment.

peace. out.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    That's exactly why we had this discourse. You wouldn't get where I am talking from if I allowed your points unchecked. Nor would I get where your coming from if you didn't further elaborate.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    if we will really interpret, the American is having what they call a "long day" or what the American blonds also call "bad hair day"

the special child became a victim of that fateful day as well as a mother who loves her child so much.

anyway, as long as they're making ammends. it's ok na siguro.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Foreigner Bullies in our own Country?