New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    I had my first brush with a corrupt traffic enforcer tonight. I was on my way home to Mandaluyong from Airport Road and turned right from the middle of the three-lane road when a traffic enforcer suddenly stopped me. I was charged with reckless driving because according to the enforcer, I should have been on the right-most lane. I reasoned very gently and humbly that I wasn't totally in the middle of the road, the street was dark, it was my first time to pass by the place and wasn't totally familiar with the roads, and I was a newly certified driver (all true). The pair of enforcers managed to apprehend about four more vehicles behind me.

The enforcer then reasoned that he could not let me go because there was a CCTV camera at the corner and that he would be the one paying the fine if I was let go. He asked for my license and my registration papers (I don't have a plate yet, having gotten the vehicle about two weeks ago). I gave him my license and the papers. Then he started saying that I would have to go to their office (it was around 7:30 p.m.) and that my vehicle would have to be impounded and that I had to pay P3,000 because I shouldn't be driving without a plate according to this Republic Act he was citing, plus P1,000+ for reckless driving. I said "What, are you serious?" Then he asked for my ID. I gave him my media ID (I'm a journalist).

My companion on the passenger side who's also a reporter started calling his wife (radio reporter) for police contacts she may know from Pasay. The traffic enforcer just stood there and kept bugging me whether he should already issue a ticket. I told him to wait. Then, I told my companion in passing that I don't have any police contacts because I never covered the defense beat, and that most of my phone contacts are senators. I really didn't mean to peddle influence, but somehow, the enforcer suddenly decided to let me go.

"Sige sir, alis na kayo, basta bahala na kayo,'' he said. I was like "What do you mean?" "Pwede na kayong umalis, bahala na kayo. Ako na lang magbabayad ng fine (paawa effect)," he said. I felt like he was waiting for me to offer him a bribe. I'm not really comfortable with bribing people, so I asked my companion what we should do. "Let's go," was all he said. I said thank you to the traffic enforcer and left.

I'm a novice driver and I don't know anything about what I'm allowed to do with my car given that I'm still waiting for my plate from the dealer/LTO. The traffic enforcer said I'm only allowed to drive for a week after the car was delivered to me. Pardon my ignorance, but am I missing something? I noticed that the dealer provided me with papers with different dates stamped on them. Is this a way to circumvent this rule, which incidentally gives MMDA enforcers especially the corrupt ones blanket authority to milk drivers of new vehicles? I hope you can help me with this. What's the proper and lawful way to approach this? Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    There is an existing memoradum where in all traffic department of all cities were informed about the backlogs of plate release. You can ask a copy for your dealership so that they wont bug you anymore wuth regards to travelling without plate. That guy is only out make kotong.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Yup, lifted yan as of Feb 2012. Somewhere here in the forums may nag post ng copy, unless kung may maipapakita sya na new memo!

Kung proper ang mga signs at arrow sa kalsada, disregarding traffic signs yun. Pero minor lang naman at mostly nadadaan sa magandang usapan yan lalo na gabi, o hindi pa traffic.

Tama na makipagusap lang ng maayos sa mga enforcer, huwag lang arogante at huwag din na parang takot na tupa.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    No offense, pero di ba may pagka-corrupt ka din dahil ginamit niyo ang "contacts" at "position" mo bilang reporter para ma-impluwensyahan o ma-intimidate yung enforcer?

Wala naman duda na may violation ka dahil lumiko ka from the middle lane.

Possible din naman na naghihintay ng lagay ng enforcer, pero tama ginawa niya na sitahin ka niya.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    takutan na pala ngayon kaya walang nangyayaring maganda sa bansa natin dahil sa padri-padrino.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Tulad ng sinabi ko, medyo madilim at wala ako totally sa gitna ng lane since pakanan na ako. Naghahanap lang talaga ng makikikilan si sir.

Actually, hindi ko ugali mag-flash ng press ID, pero sa pagkakataong ito, ang pagiging member ng media, naka-dissuade ng kikil. Bago kami pinaalis, kinunsulta pa n'ya 'yung kasama n'ya sa likod.

Take note na wala akong tinawagan. Pero naramdaman ko na kinailangan mag-posture nung na-sense ko na naghihintay ng alok si sir. Finally, it's either corrupt ako or hindi ako corrupt -- di pwedeng "may pagka" lang. Now, if you've decided that I'm either of the two, it doesn't really matter to me because you don't know me and I don't know you.

Thank you.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    takutan na pala ngayon kaya walang nangyayaring maganda sa bansa natin dahil sa padri-padrino.
    Hindi sa kinakampihan ko yung ts, pero madami talagang corrupt na traffic officer sa Pasay, specially sa area ng macapagal avenue. Lagi sweving ang hinuhuli nila kahit hindi naman. Talagang ang habol nila mang huli para maka kotong sila.

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Tapatalk 2

8. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    hay nako, mga kapwa pinoy nag gagaguhan... igalang mo ako, igagalang din kita... simple... swerving is never a trapik violation...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    pansin ko lang sa pasay hindi naman talaga nag aayos ng traf, pero matalas ang mata sa mga potential victims ng traf violation.

kapansin-pansin lang pag jeep or bus driver wala silang mahuli na violator

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bakit lahat ng hinuhili dyan Ang dinadahilan eh bago Sa area, bago mag Lang nag drive...newsflash! Hinde dahilan yan...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast