New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    hmmm.....lakihan ko nga mata ko sa road baka makita ko starex na yan! loko yun eh!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    ang laki ng bangga ng auto niyo sir ha, sana ok naman kayo. anu ba ang kulay ng starex na nkabangga sa inyo? look out kami pati sa mga talyer baka pinasok na nung loko.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Thanks mga sir . . . Wala naman ngyari sa amin. Bugbug lang tuhod ni misis. Ako sumakit lang balikat the next day and nagpunta rin kami sa doctor kinabukasan.

Just let me know kung may nakakita sa Starex, parang grey yung kita ko e. Pero di ako sure kasi gabi na yun baka iba kulay.

Meet kami sa police station ng registered owner, not sure yet kung siya pa rin may ari. Update ko mamaya to kung may progress. Thanks ulit!

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    that's good to hear nothing serious happened.... also good that you will finally meet the owner and ask them why they left you as in hit and run, do update us on the progress. thanks..

WBR,

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Mukhang partially case solved na...

The story according to the representative who went to the police station:
    Apparently the Starex van was checked in by the owner to a shop for repairs. The shop is located at Malolos St. Makati. According to the representative, at the night of the accident ni road test daw ng mechanic when they hit our car. The mechanic apparently got scared, that's why he ran off. Apparently the mechanic also went home to the province to hide after the incident and the shop claims that they have no information regarding the mechanic since he is only doing sideline. Kung baga pa extra extra lang daw.

This story I think has 2 intriguing points:
    1. The shop is only open from 8-5pm, the accident happened 9pm in the evening.
    2. If you are a shop owner, would you allow a person who you do not know that well, to test drive a customer's car?

Yung defense ng representative dito: Di daw talaga pinasok sa shop yng paggawa ng Starex, kung baga extra income lang daw dun sa mekaniko.

The good thing the owner of the shop accepted the responsibility in fixing my car and shouldering all the expenses. I have personally talked to the owner of the shop and we made a contract regarding this agreement and we need to bring the car back to the police station to close the case when the car is done. So solved na yung car liability.

I am just curious if we could still ask the police to look for the driver and file a separate case against him. Just to make the driver pay for the liability of running away from the scene of the accident and at the same time endangering our lives?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    good to know na maayos na rin yan bro.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by crossedge View Post
    I am just curious if we could still ask the police to look for the driver and file a separate case against him. Just to make the driver pay for the liability of running away from the scene of the accident and at the same time endangering our lives?
    Both you and the shop owner can still file a case against the alleged driver for reckless driving resulting to damages.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    hi ejay, kaibigan ko si tey. buti na lang both of you are okay.

i think this needs a deeper investigation. for one, why would the shop owner allow a mechanic whom they don't really know (they don't even know the last name) to test drive a vehicle? paano na lang kung itakbo niya yun?

i tend to believe that this "mechanic" is just imaginary. probably the shop owner or someone he/she knows was driving the vehicle. para na lang hindi masampahan ng kaso, they "invented" this person.

still file a case. what if you and the wifey got seriously hurt? or worse someone died? tapos ganun na lang simply because "this person" went into hiding and they have no way of tracing him.

btw, i would suggest you go to another shop for your repairs and still have them pay for it. kasi, would you trust a shop this irresponsible with your car repairs?
    Last edited by wewoy_romero; September 4th, 2007 at 01:37 PM. Reason: added post

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I think the reason given is only an alibi to escape responsibility by the real driver that night.....

WBR,

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Innova_Boy View Post
    I think the reason given is only an alibi to escape responsibility by the real driver that night.....

WBR,
    Agree here..... I am of the opinion that the real driver does not want to face the responsibility of accepting his fault (he ran away that night). It's just so that he was traced and cornered, so he is now asking a friend or a shopowner to be the cushion here since the repair will be done there.....

However, if you're comfortable with it, so be it.

But just to be sure, look at the owner's eyes and see how sincere he is....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Find WFE 928