New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This friend of mine was almost a victim of this modus operandi where someone suddenly jumps in front of the car and pretends he's been hit.

Buti na lang my friend was slowing down to make a turn and was alert enough to stop. While the guy was on the ground, my friend did not step out of the car, since he knew that this may be a set up. After a while, the guy peeked over the hood, stood up and pretended to be in pain. My friend made a motion to the guy that he's such an actor, then waved him away, and drove off when the a-hole went to the side. This happened I think in the corner of EDSA and Shaw, mga 10pm na.

Anyone had similar experiences? BTW, binalikan pala ng friend ko ang place after a while, with a cop in tow, kaso wala na ang loko. :mad:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    galeng!

O.T.
    dieseler, kala ko Fake yung pangalan ng friend mo.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sana tinuluyan na niya

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    sana bumaba sya, at ginulpi nya

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    buti hindi siya bumaba at siguradong may resbak yan. unless gusto niya magpa-kuyog.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    sa erpats ko nangyari na yan.. he was driving his liteace at novaliches proper at bigla daw nawala yung tao.. so hindi daw sya umandar muna kahit busina na sa likod.. tapos bigla daw meron tumayo at naglakad palayo..

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Oo nga galeng tama lang yung hindi siya bumaba ng auto niya

sana tinuluyan na niya
    Hahaha..Kung pwede nga lang sumagasa ng tao tinuluyan na niya yun actor na yun...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mayrun bike naman ang gimik. one morning on my way to work may tumatawid na lalaki na may bike on tow. tapos ng medyo lampas na ang kalahati ng rear tire niya biglang himinto. wala naman sasakyan coming from the left. nabangga ko at tumumba yun bike. nawala daw sa alignment ang gulong sabi ko "bakit huminto ka?" sagot niya "may sasakyan kasi", eh 5:00 am yun. Sabi pa niya, "buti nga yan sa iyo apat ang gulong yun sa akin dalawa lang". binigyan ko na lang ng 100 php nagmamadali kasi ako. Then 2 days ago nakakita ako Starex may nabungo din bike and considering traffic sa E. Rodriguez near st. lukes and bulok na yun bike tinabihan ko yun starex sabi ko "racket yan!!!" sabi nun driver "OO NGA EH"...haaayy naku ang daming gimik. Buti pa kung na punta kayo sa gamitong situation dalhin ninyo na lang sa Police Station ang mga kumag na ito. O kaya run over the bike ( the bike ah hindi yun tao)

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I was almost the victim of such a racket. It happened in roxas blvd, near the baclaran area, southbound.

Scenario was, all cars were stopped. Then I noticed a guy walking on the sidewalk carrying a watermelon looking at me funny. He continued walking along until he dissappeared from sidemirror view. Traffic still not moving. Just as we were about to start moving again, same guy pops out in front and hurls himself at my bumper. (It turns out, he picked me out as his victim, backtracked, and quickly ran a few cars ahead and he times it just right just as traffic gets rolling.)

He then acts all upset that his watermelon is broken and he raises it up for me to see, expecting me to give him some cash to pay for it. He then picks up a rock supposedly to threaten me. I gesture from inside without opening the window to say that it was his fault. He then stays for a few seconds longer before walking away.

It doesn't end there though, I saw him about 3 more times in that vicinity, still up to his no good tricks. However, he doesn't always carry around a watermelon. One time, it was a string of christmas lights. Another time, it was a softdrink cup and a food in a transparent container. Basta anything breakable, yun ang props niya.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I experienced this too just this morning around 8am while I was on my way to PGH along Taft ave. after Padre Faura stoplight. Traffic so nakahinto kami. I had about a 3 meter distance between my bumper and the FX in front. The FX started moving already since traffic was starting to move so naturally I moved also. Mga 2 meters pa lang ang distance ng travel ko when I see this man holding a water jug come from the right side of the FX and making a beeline towards the right side of my car. Tapos bigla lang naman nung malapit na siya sa right corner ng bumper ko nag acting na he tripped tapos nadapa so I lost sight of him. Then I heard a thud na parang my right lower fender was hit. Naturally I stopped agad. I knew it was a modus operandi. I didn't feel the tires go over something so I was sure that I didn't run over anything. Nakatingin yung mga pasahero sa jeep sa left and right side ko at yung mga bystander sa sidewalk. What I did was I turned off my radio, powered down my right passenger side window tapos sumigaw ako..."Pare, tama na yung pag kunwari2x mo pa dyan! Showbiz mo talaga!" Tapos palakpak ako. Narinig ako ng mga tao. Tapos I just closed my windows and waited. After about 30 seconds, the guys siguro sensed that he could get nothing out of me, he stood up, walked casually infront of the car then crossed the street. Masama pa yung tingin sa akin. Ginawa ko, binuksan ko ulit window ko sa driver side tapos sinabi ko..."Sayang pare, mali yata yung napili mong sasakyan at driver ngayong umaga. Good morning!" Sabay tawa yung mga tao sa paligid. Smile nalang ako and I proceeded on. Sayang di ko kinuha ng pic.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Fake Nabangga