New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nico, imho, not worth it... pa disconnect mo na lang. they will give you more headaches in the future.

again, imho, pwede mo ding di bayaran yung arrears mo as they claim. since its their fault that their ORs were lost. burden of proof lies with them already.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    ^^^ The problem with not paying the contested arrears is that the cable company MAY submit the subscriber's name to credit bureaus for blacklisting.

Some banks & FI's kasi medyo mahigpit sa negative records. They require a clearance or certification from the institution which blacklisted the borrower, otherwise, denied ang kanyang loan or credit card application. For such a measly amount, it's such a hassle, and IMO, not worth the trouble.

(Dito kasi sa financing company namin, ganun, hehehe. Medyo conservative in the granting of loans, the rationale being: Kung maliit nga na amount, hindi kayang bayaran, eh lalo na yung malaking amortization pa?) Of course, hindi na tinitignan yung deeper reason kung bakit hindi binayaran.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I also have Sky (formerly Home) cable and never had a problem with their billing. What I do is to pay them through Metrobank's phone banking every month. Yung transaction reference number na mag-act as your "receipt". Pero I have never gotten to a point where I had to use it. I then compare my payment to the next bill if it's credited. So far, zero errors.

Advantage kasi sa akin is yung salary namin deretso sa ATM. Started using this service more than 5 years na yata. Never pa sumablay.

Other bills I pay thru phonebanking:
    Credit card
    Globe and Smart post-paid bills
    Life Plan/Insurance

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

IMO, just let them cut off their service and look for other options....

7606:mobile1:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Basketball TV is back on Home Cable! :clap:

Ooops, wrong thread.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    ^^^ The problem with not paying the contested arrears is that the cable company MAY submit the subscriber's name to credit bureaus for blacklisting.

Some banks & FI's kasi medyo mahigpit sa negative records. They require a clearance or certification from the institution which blacklisted the borrower, otherwise, denied ang kanyang loan or credit card application. For such a measly amount, it's such a hassle, and IMO, not worth the trouble.

(Dito kasi sa financing company namin, ganun, hehehe. Medyo conservative in the granting of loans, the rationale being: Kung maliit nga na amount, hindi kayang bayaran, eh lalo na yung malaking amortization pa?) Of course, hindi na tinitignan yung deeper reason kung bakit hindi binayaran.
    if this is the case, it will all depend on nico. he may be willing to pay everything that was already paid so not to risk his credit standing, and disconnect the service or, stand by his principles...

sa kin, since i am not on getting loans naman, i will do the latter. kasi pag pinalusot mo yan, it means, you are consenting their inefficiency.

sa kin lang naman ito.....

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post
    SkyCable pa man din parent company nila. Layo ng serbisyo nung dalawa.
    Not relevant, IMO. Had my share of SkyCable service idiocy and read about many others.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Not relevant, IMO. Had my share of SkyCable service idiocy and read about many others.
    pero relevant sila in terms of ka k$p*lan.. best thing to do sir nico is wag nyo na lang pansinin any pambubulabog nila sayo. kahit sampahan ka pa ng kaso. its always their fault then sa atin nila ibubuhos lahat. kala naman nila mga wala tayong pinag aralan para sabihan ng kung ano ano against our side.

sa akin din nangyari na to. sky cable naman. nagpa putol na ko ng line sa kanila and understood sa signed contract na in the scenario na putol na linya considered wala ka ng babayaran kasi lahat yun bayad na upon first application payment. then 2 mos passed ang makapal na mukhang sky cable eh nagpadala ng letter concerning na sinampahan na ko ng kaso na di daw ako nagbayad ng services nila worht 4,+++. and since a nonsense letter from their numbskull lawyer ang natanggap ko. pinagtawanan ko na lang and didn't bother it anymore. they keep sending the same letter tapos tumigil na. kasi ganito lang yun eh, kung totoo na di ako nakapag bayad dapat mismo yung lawyer at mga pulis na ang pumunta sa bahay. eh wala eh. and since naka indicate sa letter na "PLEASE DISREGARD THIS LETTER IF PAYMENT HAS BEEN MADE EARLIER" ok fine, i have already paid 2 mos earlier. kaya di nisregard ko na. stupid morons.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i had a similar case from DESTINY CABLE NAMAN.

we paid a full year(12months) then free 2months.
    nearing 6 months. a sub-con collector comes to our house asking for payment. since i wasnt at home. my mom paid for 6months free 1 month.

so nag overlap un payments ko.

i wanted to complain. after a few weeks the same collector comes to our house. asking for payment again. then i compalined. he also got confused. i showed the receipts. upon checking them, the bill that my mom paid was not ours. it had the same name but not the address. not even the telephone number. the other one was supposed to be at mandaluyong. im at sta mesa. so i said. alam nyo naman san kayo tumatawag. alam nyo naman san ako naka tira. bket ndi nyo subukan puntahan un another address para ma check nyo. porke nagkamali ako bayaran un other bill eh sa akin nyo na sinisingil un succeding bills.

so i said to the collector. i would not pay for another year plus 3 months (free). he said ok.

so the year goes by. another collector comes in again. asking for payment. 2 different bills. i said. do i look stupid enough to pay for 2 cable lines in one household? and i showed him that i am still entitled for few more months. collector says ok.

then few weeks again, i got a phone call. from a law office. saying i have to pay bill daw or madedemanda ako. sabi ko, shut up and listen. i paid my bills. ur stuupid clients accounting office have the problem. i will fax u all my latest payments. i even paid for two accounts. wala sya nasabi. she just said. ok. sorry sa abala.

few more weeks, i got a demand letter. i saved it with the cable's bill in the same file.

never bothered me again after that.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Have your cable disconnected and buy a Satellite dish setup (dish, decoder, cables, etc) for only around ±4k at Raon Manila. Wala ka nang monthly fees. You can connect to different Satellites too.

Or, find another cable provider.

Personally, the cable companies are charging too much for an SD feed. It would've been acceptable if it's at least HD.
    ok to ah, ok reception parati kahit umuulan?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
F*ckin Cable Company!!!!