New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Lemme just rant. Bear with me.

A cable guy from Home Cable went to my house yesterday threatening to cut off our cable service for arrears not paid. I got mad because as far as I was concerned I had no arrears. Last year, Home Cable still had collectors roaming around their areas of service to collect monthly dues for cable services provided. We paid those bills but unfortunately, their suck-assed muthafukka collector did not remit my payments. My wife and I have been visiting Home Cable for the past four months complaining why should we suffer for the stupidity of their ex-collector and their own stupidity of not policing their collectors and for not having an efficient records system i.e. they "find it impossible" to look for duplicate copies of the ORs issued to us i.e. "sir, mahirap para po samin gawin yun." What kind of friggin accounting system do they have? Do they mean that a two-bit junk shop as an efficient accounting system than they do? What the hell?!

To make matters worse, I can't find my folder of compiled utilities and services bill as It was lost when we transferred back to my current home. Sure, we need those ORs to prove that we did pay but why would I cheat them out of PhP 500 per month that I can easily pay? The idiot behind the phone can't seem to get this into her thick skull and it seems every person we had talked to the past four months didn't know what to do. Potah, eh yung hardware na maliit na suki ko eh kayang kayang mag-pull out ng copy ng resibo para mag reconcile kami eh.

Know what? Those months that they say we had arrears we didn't even have cable service most of the time kase laging may problema yung lines nila at signal. Kung hindi walang signal, mahina - 3 straight days pa madalas. Tapos, may promo pala sila for June - December 2008 na PhP 350 lang ang monthly instead of PhP 500 eh 500 pa rin sinisinisingil sa amin ng mga kapitbahay ko nun. When we complained about it eh ang sagot sa amin eh dapat daw inalam namin. Abay kundi ba naman timaan ng magaling yang mga yan eh! It's their duty to inform their clients (potential or captured) that they had a promo going on. Anyun, araw araw tumawag kami dapat at magtanong kung may promo?! Mga sira pala tuktok nung mga yun eh.

Now their asking us to pay for our "arrears". Monetarily, payment is no problem because I have the capacity to pay. What's driving me out of my pants in anger is if I do pay, I'll be paying for bills that I've already settled before for a service that practically did not exist during the contested months at an amount that should have been reduced as I definitely qualified for their promo. SkyCable pa man din parent company nila. Layo ng serbisyo nung dalawa.

Taenang yan. Kung mayron lang service dito sa min yung New World cable, magpapakabit na ako. Maraming ng Home Cable subscribers lumipat sa kanila.

Thanks for listening. My advice sa mga taga Marilao, Meyc or Bocaue na ngayon pa lang magpapakabit ng cable - kung may service ang New World cable dyan sa inyo, mag New World na lang kayo. Kung wala at Home Cable lang ang choice, good luck na lang. Sana di nyo ma experience ang na experience ko.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Same thing happened to me with manila water in the QC area when they still had bill collectors. The ex-collector didn't remit my payments to their office for a few months. In the end, I paid the "unremitted" payments at the main office since it less of a hassle given it was just less than P800 in total. I had better use of my time than to boil my blood arguing pointlessly over a few hundred pesos.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    ha, sa marilao? eh ang tagal tagal ko na gusto magpakabit ng cable, eh wala pa rin sa amin linya ng cable! buti nasabi nyo agad yan sir nico

btw, saan kayo sa bulacan?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kasi naman sir nico, the designation "PPV" on the "adult interest" movies that you order means that you have to Pay Per View

baka sa pagmamadali mo mag order di mo narealize :peace:

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Wag na siguro magbayad sa bill collectors. Like kami diretso sa credit card mga utility bills. Maraming credit cards pwede na mag auto debit arrangement... In our case its Citibank.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Have your cable disconnected and buy a Satellite dish setup (dish, decoder, cables, etc) for only around ±4k at Raon Manila. Wala ka nang monthly fees. You can connect to different Satellites too.

Or, find another cable provider.

Personally, the cable companies are charging too much for an SD feed. It would've been acceptable if it's at least HD.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    ha, sa marilao? eh ang tagal tagal ko na gusto magpakabit ng cable, eh wala pa rin sa amin linya ng cable! buti nasabi nyo agad yan sir nico
    Sa Marilao kami.

kasi naman sir nico, the designation "PPV" on the "adult interest" movies that you order means that you have to Pay Per View

baka sa pagmamadali mo mag order di mo narealize
    Oist, Chippendale's channel ang inorwder kwoh hwah?! ahahay!

Have your cable disconnected and buy a Satellite dish setup (dish, decoder, cables, etc) for only around ±4k at Raon Manila. Wala ka nang monthly fees. You can connect to different Satellites too.
    Yan iniisip ko gawin this weekend.

Yung billing ng Home Cable, dehins pwede sa bank or kahit sa SM. December lang sila nawalan ng collector. Of all the places, ang payment center nila malapit sa emin eh Ever Bilena. Langya.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    langya... sayo sisingilin sa katangahan ng collecectors nila
    kung naisahan sila ng collectors nila wag nila ipasa sa consumer...

i get the point of ghosthuner na kung hassle at maliit lang ang bayad, bayaran nalang... kaso ang nakakainis dun e binayaran na and aminado sila and failure in their part narin sa pag police sa collectors nila e...

kung pwede bayad nalang kayo online or sa bayad center...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    marilao? ah, baka kayo lang sir nico ang nabiyayaan ng cable. marilao din ako, pero sa 13 years ko na dun, walang cable... :rant:

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Have you tried this? Which provider's signals can you receive?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
F*ckin Cable Company!!!!