New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    So sa mga may calling cards dyan ni ganito ni ganire... ano bang may kapangyarihan at authority doon sa calling cards? Can you please enlighten me ano ang power behind those calling cards? Like for example:

Traffic enforcer flags you down because you violate a traffic law then you showed a calling card. Then sa madaling salita ang calling card mo naging "so what kung may calling card ka?" Ano ngayon ang next course of action ninyong mga may calling cards dyan?

Iyong mga sasagot dito not necessarily practices this kind of corrupt action pero kung may kakilala kayong gumagawa nito pwede na din kayong sumagot.. Just wondering paano kung iyong traffic cop ay ginagawa lang nya ang trabaho nya?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    mods paki change ng subject at baka lang may mag react. di pwedeng ma-edit ang subject eh.. paki lagyan nal ang ng Erring before motorists. So subject should be like this

Erring motorists who flashes calling cards should be looked as goons too right. Paki change "treated" to "looked" and "a goon" to "as goons".
    Last edited by froshie1; March 9th, 2010 at 04:48 AM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Its part of the palakasan culture. It shows you know this and that guy so if you get caught you will direct the com[laint to that person and possibly get the enforcer fired.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I agree.

This is no diffirence on those private vehicles having sirens and flashers. They think that they are exempted on traffic rules.

OT: I would just want to point out that this is one reason why we have these kind of forums from which the main goal is to discipline these drivers and follow the very basic rules of the road.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    ahhh... ito pala uso ngayon. may nagsabi kasi sa akin na tinataas nya lang daw calling card nya pag-nasisita sya ng traffic enforcers. hmmm.... hirap kasi dito sa atin.. gumawa ka ng matuwid ikaw pa kawawa, dahil sa mga may "powers". kaya yung matuwid na mga enforcers wala magawa.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I feel like the calling card approach started out as a method to protect motorists from corrupt traffic enforcers inventing all sorts of imaginary violations, but then was abused under that hands of people without moral fiber. *sigh*

7. Join Date
    May 2008
    I have cards of various congressmen and military officials tucked in my license jacket. I just keep them handy so those erring officers know that if they slap questionable offenses/extort on me, they will get fu&*$*! Ticket kung ticket!

Be sure lang na yung nakapangalan sa calling card eh "mataas na opisyal" like ng PNP (Chief, Regional Director or Provincial Director, etc) or DOTC kung hindi baka mapahiya pa yung gagamit. Minsan pag fellow law enforcer naman at kahit auxillary units pinagbibigyan din nila basta di arogante. Happened to me at Slex (unintentionally). I was flagged down for using the shoulder but it's because i'm exiting the next toll. he ask for my license and told me my violation, he reasoned that i was still a kilometer away from the exit, didn't arque anymore and handed my license (forgot that my coastguard aux id was there) after a few steps he went back and said "sir pareho pala tayong enforcer, ingat na lang ho." I smiled back and said it won't happened again.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I agree with the TS.

It's easy to point the blame at the dodgy and corrupt traffic enforcers, but what if I blatently did something illegal for example, doing a U-Turn when it clearly says No U-Turn then when I'm flagged down by an enforcer I show a calling card - that just makes me seem as if I am beyond the law and have no respect for rules and regulations.

Regardless of local culture, drivers need to take the heat and drive responsibly and drive disciplined.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHotBlood View Post
    Be sure lang na yung nakapangalan sa calling card eh "mataas na opisyal" like ng PNP (Chief, Regional Director or Provincial Director, etc) or DOTC kung hindi baka mapahiya pa yung gagamit. Minsan pag fellow law enforcer naman at kahit auxillary units pinagbibigyan din nila basta di arogante. Happened to me at Slex (unintentionally). I was flagged down for using the shoulder but it's because i'm exiting the next toll. he ask for my license and told me my violation, he reasoned that i was still a kilometer away from the exit, didn't arque anymore and handed my license (forgot that my coastguard aux id was there) after a few steps he went back and said "sir pareho pala tayong enforcer, ingat na lang ho." I smiled back and said it won't happened again.
    Are you saying that mataas na opisyal = above the law na? And if magalang na aux units eh above na law na din? Something is wrong there, don't you think?

*tidus, this shows that this culture of ours (palakasan that is) is really effed up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Erring motorists who flashes calling cards should be looked as goons too right?