New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    It would have been much easier if it was the other way around (from manual to automatic tranny). The transition would be longer as you have to get used to the clutch control / gas pedal combination which cannot be learned easily. What you need is practice, practice and practice.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    mali yung words na type ko...dapat ay 'paano" dapat yung nakasulat dun.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehehehe di ganon kadali ang transition ng pagda-drive from A/T to MT (assuming na natuto kang magdrive sa A/t) than MT to A/T.....

Yung misis ko tinuruan ko munang mag-drive sa MT at di sya masyadong nahirapan nung subukan nyang i-drive yung sasakyan ng hipag ko....it just takes her less than half an hour at medyo nakabisado na nya yung dirkarte....(di kasama ang overtaking ha...)

pero yung hipag ko na sa A/T natuto...hanggang ngayon eh di maka-drive ng maayos ng MT....lalo na kapag me incline at nabitin sya... tapos nalilimutan pang mag-change gear.....parating nasa 1st or 2nd gear...nasanay kasi na isang ulit lang magka-kambyo.. tsaka madalas sumabit yung gear kapag nagkakambyo, nalilimutan kasing i-press ng todo yung clutch.....kaya nung kailangang ipaayos yung sasakyan nila, ayaw nyang manghiram sa amin kasi nakapagpaayos na sya ng clutch nung sasakyan namin eh....

kaya ang maipapayo ko sa yo eh MAG TAXI ka na lang...herherherherher

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    sir jonski, 'paano' would take time. but its worth it. tama si 5speed. actually, continous learning ang pagdadrive nang manual.
    Last edited by ian_rex; July 4th, 2006 at 08:02 PM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    True, true. M/T na minamaneho ko ever since, pero sometimes I still accidentally grind the gears, especially when shifting to reverse. Kaasar.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    huh? it says always to push the clutch before the brake. parang mali ah

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    ano mangyayari pang from fourth gear eh aksidentng nailagay ko sa 1st? paranag kakatakot magdrive pero kelangan ko try. pano engine breaking nito?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    If you get the concept of why you change gears and watch how your pinsan drives the car you can learn it quickly. I also learned to drive on an automatic when I was in high school and later on my dad thought me how to drive manual on an old beat up pick up my uncle owned. Just remember when you shift gears to step on the clutch, the hardest part will be the slow driving but when you are up to speed at a highway it's real easy.

As far as accidently going from 4th to 1st gear you would really have to make the effort/motion with your hands to shift to that gear. If you move the stick from 4th up it goes to 3rd and a push to the right takes it to 5th, so you would have to pull it in your direction to take it 1st gear.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jonski
    ano mangyayari pang from fourth gear eh aksidentng nailagay ko sa 1st? paranag kakatakot magdrive pero kelangan ko try. pano engine breaking nito?
    mejo mahirap mangyari kasi di basta-basta papasok sa 1st gear yung kambyo if your running in 4th gear. para kasing may lock at kelangan mo talagang ipilit ipasok sa 1st gear.

pag e-engine break mo, if your running in 4th gear, just go down 1 gear (3rd). although i'm not really sure if engine breaking is recommended.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    When decelerating, just hit the brakes. If it's an emergency, hit the brakes and steer out of the way. If you take the time to match gears to your deceleration in an emergency situation, it'll take your attention off the road... where it's really needed.

It's fun to do in other cases, though.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
driving manual