New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Sing out loud while driving in a downpour....

19.6K:injured:
    Singing in the rain, yes... wag nga lang pag nakasakay ang boss mo, hehehe.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by box_type View Post
    ang masaklap pa nyan mismong taga media (like anthony taberna) sinasabi pa on national tv na kesyo sabi daw sa kanya ng isang matanda na sa pagda-drive eh dapat daw gamitin yung hazzard light pag malakas ang ulan para daw visible ka sa mga nakasunod sayo ampft!!
    Kamukha ni Anthony Taberna si Herbert Bautista. Hehe. Sarap drive sa malakas na ulan basta walang trapik. Nakaka emo mood haha

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    While I make it a point to tell anyone who I can influence to not turn on their hazard lights under heavy downpour, I've also personally experienced rain that's so hard that rear tail lights are hard to see. Hazard lights are brighter than tail lights (about as bright as brake lights) so it really does increase visibility. What can you internet experts say about that?

You can't expect people to add RFLs so they make do with what they have. A lot of people never ever change anything in their cars, save for necessary maintenance.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    While I make it a point to tell anyone who I can influence to not turn on their hazard lights under heavy downpour, I've also personally experienced rain that's so hard that rear tail lights are hard to see. Hazard lights are brighter than tail lights (about as bright as brake lights) so it really does increase visibility. What can you internet experts say about that?

You can't expect people to add RFLs so they make do with what they have. A lot of people never ever change anything in their cars, save for necessary maintenance.
    it's confusing as hell and you've lost the ability to signal.

just turning on your headlights would suffice. i'm still not getting why this is an issue here in the philippines.
    in california, other states, and other countries, once you need to use the wipers, you must switch it on.
    before you people say it's not the philippines, we have our own personal asinine road rules(PINOY PRIDE!!!), the AAP suggests the same thing.

if you say you may crash into the other vehicle, why the hell are you speeding in the rain? you slow down 10-20mph than the suggested speed limit to actually have the time to react to whatever real "hazard" is in front of you.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    turning on the parking lights during heavy downpour should suffice.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005

It's still not advisable.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012

If the rain falls down so heavily that it impairs your visibility, the right thing to do is to drive to the side of the road, stop and turn on your hazard lights until such time that the weather eases up and visibility is not hampered. The condition you just described does not warrant that you continue to drive as doing so would make it dangerous for you.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004

If visibility is so bad you can't see tail-lights, then it's so bad that you can't see the road.

In other words, pull over and off the road... and THEN turn on your hazard lights.

To keep driving in conditions where you can't see anything is insane.

-

A majority of authorities and governing bodies prefer the hazard lights off. Those that prefer lights on can only cite anecdotal evidence from cases of near-zero visibility.

Conditions in which, again, you shouldn't be driving in the first place.
    Last edited by niky; June 20th, 2013 at 04:00 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    may case naman na pag umuulan na, yung ibang drivers sobrang bagal na ng takbo, so this merits them the right to turn on their hazard lights, hazard na kasi sila sa mga drivers na mabibilis pa din magpatakbo!. patawa lang

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by archielew View Post
    may case naman na pag umuulan na, yung ibang drivers sobrang bagal na ng takbo, so this merits them the right to turn on their hazard lights
    unless their reason is that their car is breaking down with some problem, funeral procession(even this is iffy), or some type of other emergency with nowhere to pull over, no, it doesn't make it right to keep it on.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast