New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    i dunno if this has been posted before. this article seems to be years ago but still applicable. Driving in a Downpour - Automotive Technology and Road Safety by AutoIndustriya.com

2. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    4. Do NOT turn on your hazard lights. Again, contrary to popular beliefs, turning the hazard lights during a heavy downpour is NOT helpful at all, but downright stupid. This is a case of 'monkey-see-monkey-do' when other drivers turn on their hazard lights just because the vehicle in front of them does. As mentioned, bright lights can cause glare and limit your vision, as well as the vision of drivers of adjacent cars. The flashing lights are also very distracting and should only be used when you're in an emergency or when your vehicle becomes a road hazard. That's why they're called hazard lights. They're supposed to be used to warn other drivers that your vehicle has become a hazard and not to warn them of the hazardous weather conditions. Anyway, they can tell the weather just by looking around, thank you very much. And lastly, when you use your hazard lights other cars won't know when you want to change lanes.
    Everytime it rains hard, its impossible not to notice that most vehicles turns their hazzards on and before you know it you are left predicting will they change lanes or not..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    yes it's been a recurring topic especially in the bad motoring etiquette. i hope more people become aware that hazard lights isn't for high speed driving. in other countries, you're only supposed to use hazard lights if you're immobile.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by stickers View Post
    Everytime it rains hard, its impossible not to notice that most vehicles turns their hazzards on and before you know it you are left predicting will they change lanes or not..
    Yup, same issue when drivers use hazzards during a convoy, fun-run, or as an excuse to go beyond the speed limits.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by thejerk View Post
    yes it's been a recurring topic especially in the bad motoring etiquette. i hope more people become aware that hazard lights isn't for high speed driving. in other countries, you're only supposed to use hazard lights if you're immobile.
    ang masaklap pa nyan mismong taga media (like anthony taberna) sinasabi pa on national tv na kesyo sabi daw sa kanya ng isang matanda na sa pagda-drive eh dapat daw gamitin yung hazzard light pag malakas ang ulan para daw visible ka sa mga nakasunod sayo ampft!!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by box_type View Post
    ang masaklap pa nyan mismong taga media (like anthony taberna) sinasabi pa on national tv na kesyo sabi daw sa kanya ng isang matanda na sa pagda-drive eh dapat daw gamitin yung hazzard light pag malakas ang ulan para daw visible ka sa mga nakasunod sayo ampft!!
    Di naman lahat ng sinasabi ng matanda tama. Di muna niya inalam ang tama bago siya nagturo ng mali.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by box_type View Post
    People like him who are in a position of influence should research more on topics such as this before they advise the public. That was very irresponsible of him to go on national television and saying that. A lot of people out there think that whatever media men like him say is gospel truth and are factual. It's almost like how a lot of people believe everything they see on the net and wikipedia.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.L.L. View Post
    People like him who are in a position of influence should research more on topics such as this before they advise the public. That was very irresponsible of him to go on national television and saying that. A lot of people out there think that whatever media men like him say is gospel truth and are factual. It's almost like how a lot of people believe everything they see on the net and wikipedia.
    +1. Mr. Taberna has a habit of giving his opinion on issues like these without full research of the facts.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I dunno kung nakukuha ng mga nakakita sa akin yung message ko re hazzard lights. What i normally do, once safe & i need to, o-overtake ako sa mga naka-hazzard using my turn signal, then punta sa harap nila. Kasi, kung poor visibility talaga, better to stop at a safe place na lang kesa gumamit ng hazzard lights. Tama naman, hirap manghula kung kakanan ba kakaliwa sya.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Sing out loud while driving in a downpour....

19.6K:injured:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast