New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    using sirens, blinkers and the like is violative of presidential decree 96.

[SIZE=1]PRESIDENTIAL DECREE No. 96 January 13, 1973[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]DECLARING UNLAWFUL THE USE OR ATTACHMENT OF SIRENS, BELLS, HORNS, WHISTLES OR SIMILAR GADGETS THAT EMIT EXCEPTIONALLY LOUD OR STARTLING SOUNDS, INCLUDING DOMELIGHTS AND OTHER SIGNALLING OR FLASHING DEVICES ON MOTOR VEHICLES AND PROVIDING CERTAIN EXCEPTIONS THEREFOR[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]WHEREAS, Presidential Proclamation No. 1081 envisioned, among other goals, the bringing about of a social order characterized by a high state of discipline and order among the citizenry; [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]WHEREAS, much of the chaotic conditions from which our people have suffered and still continue to suffer are the direct result of indiscriminate and unregulated use of sirens, bells, horns, whistles and similar gadgets that emit exceptionally loud or startling sounds, including domelights and other similar signalling or flashing devices attached to motor vehicles and used on the highways; [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]WHEREAS, it has been observed that such unregulated use of sirens, bells, horns, whistles or similar gadgets that emit exceptionally loud or startling sounds, including domelights and similar signalling or flashing devices actually impede and confuse traffic, are inconsistent with sound traffic discipline and control on the highways, and in effect constitute a major problem in the maintenance of peace and order; [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]NOW, THEREFORE, I, FERDINAND E. MARCOS, President of the Philippines, pursuant to Proclamation No. 1081, dated September 21, 1972, and in my capacity as Commander-in-Chief of all the Armed Forces of the Philippines, do hereby order and decree: [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]1. That it shall be unlawful for the owner or possessor of any motor vehicle to use or attach to his vehicle any siren, bell, horn, whistle, or other similar gadgets that produce exceptionally loud or startling sound, including domelights, blinkers and other similar signalling or flashing devices.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]2. The gadgets or devices mentioned above may be attached to and use only on motor vehicles designated for official use by the Armed Forces of the Philippines, National Bureau of Investigation, Land Transportation Commission, Police Departments, Fire Departments, and hospital ambulances.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]Any device or gadget installed or mounted on any motor vehicle or otherwise used in violation of this decree shall be subject to immediate confiscation and, in cases of a second and subsequent offenses, the offender shall be prosecuted for violation of this Decree before the military tribunal and, upon conviction thereof, shall suffer the penalty of imprisonment for six months and/or a fine of 600 pesos. In addition, the certificate of registration of the motor vehicle on which the unauthorized gadget or device herein mentioned is installed, mounted or used shall be cancelled or revoked. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]The Commissioner of Land Transportation shall draw and promulgate such rules and regulations necessary to give effect to this Decree. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]Done in the City of Manila, this 13th day of January, in the year of Our Lord, nineteen hundred and seventy-three.[/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    TAMA! Bawal yan.

Ewan bakit nabubulag MMDA at pulis.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by beereo View Post
    using sirens, blinkers and the like is violative of presidential decree 96.

[SIZE=1]PRESIDENTIAL DECREE No. 96 January 13, 1973[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]DECLARING UNLAWFUL THE USE OR ATTACHMENT OF SIRENS, BELLS, HORNS, WHISTLES OR SIMILAR GADGETS THAT EMIT EXCEPTIONALLY LOUD OR STARTLING SOUNDS, INCLUDING DOMELIGHTS AND OTHER SIGNALLING OR FLASHING DEVICES ON MOTOR VEHICLES AND PROVIDING CERTAIN EXCEPTIONS THEREFOR[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]WHEREAS, Presidential Proclamation No. 1081 envisioned, among other goals, the bringing about of a social order characterized by a high state of discipline and order among the citizenry; [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]WHEREAS, much of the chaotic conditions from which our people have suffered and still continue to suffer are the direct result of indiscriminate and unregulated use of sirens, bells, horns, whistles and similar gadgets that emit exceptionally loud or startling sounds, including domelights and other similar signalling or flashing devices attached to motor vehicles and used on the highways; [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]WHEREAS, it has been observed that such unregulated use of sirens, bells, horns, whistles or similar gadgets that emit exceptionally loud or startling sounds, including domelights and similar signalling or flashing devices actually impede and confuse traffic, are inconsistent with sound traffic discipline and control on the highways, and in effect constitute a major problem in the maintenance of peace and order; [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]NOW, THEREFORE, I, FERDINAND E. MARCOS, President of the Philippines, pursuant to Proclamation No. 1081, dated September 21, 1972, and in my capacity as Commander-in-Chief of all the Armed Forces of the Philippines, do hereby order and decree: [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]1. That it shall be unlawful for the owner or possessor of any motor vehicle to use or attach to his vehicle any siren, bell, horn, whistle, or other similar gadgets that produce exceptionally loud or startling sound, including domelights, blinkers and other similar signalling or flashing devices.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]2. The gadgets or devices mentioned above may be attached to and use only on motor vehicles designated for official use by the Armed Forces of the Philippines, National Bureau of Investigation, Land Transportation Commission, Police Departments, Fire Departments, and hospital ambulances.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]Any device or gadget installed or mounted on any motor vehicle or otherwise used in violation of this decree shall be subject to immediate confiscation and, in cases of a second and subsequent offenses, the offender shall be prosecuted for violation of this Decree before the military tribunal and, upon conviction thereof, shall suffer the penalty of imprisonment for six months and/or a fine of 600 pesos. In addition, the certificate of registration of the motor vehicle on which the unauthorized gadget or device herein mentioned is installed, mounted or used shall be cancelled or revoked. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]The Commissioner of Land Transportation shall draw and promulgate such rules and regulations necessary to give effect to this Decree. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]Done in the City of Manila, this 13th day of January, in the year of Our Lord, nineteen hundred and seventy-three.[/SIZE]

Yes this is an existing PD since 1973, but there are still a lot of road users that use these illegal devices to have their way on the streets. I would like to believe that it is a simple cause of ignorance of this law but I have doubts on those who still use these devices despite this is an illegal practice.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Ngek! Mayroon bang ipinatupad na batas consistently dito sa atin?

Dito sa LPC,- ang mga damuho,- counterflow nang counterflow na lang,- wala nang siren siren pa.....

7909:taunt:

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Its times like those that it would be lots of fun if your car was armed with a paintball gun mounted to fire through the front grille.
    Project!!! Thanks for the idea.:diablo:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>

The finger works well, too.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Panahon pa ni makoy...idol apo

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by aceshark View Post
    at hindi pintura ang laman ng bhttp://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gifala kundi brake fluid.
    or stripsol para mas ramdam agad ang ginhawa even sa tao very effective kasi magkakamot siya :eviltongu

Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    When I encounter these idiots, I always wish that they would smash their cars into a wall.
    or concrete mixer for me (head on) :evillaugh

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Hehehe in Fairview area, Buses and Jeepneys counter flows even without sirens that's why they kill pedestrians almost everyday I've seen a stupid tricycle driver (they are not suppose to be on main roads) who throws an adjustable wrench on a speeding FermEx Bus who almost side sweep him.

Pabayaan nyo na ang mga ogags na sila-sila ang magtirahan. Not worth kung kayo ang papatol sa mga abusado at arogante. Makakatagpo din naman ang mga yan ng kapareho nilang ogag.

I have Blinkers and Sirens with papers of course, but I never do counter flow in my whole life and never use them to bully others.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Its times like those that it would be lots of fun if your car was armed with a paintball gun mounted to fire through the front grille.
    yeah!

But if I had such a device, I'd use it to shoot and block out improperly installed HID and high beam lights that I encounter on the road.

For the counterflowing wangwangs -- yep, stripsol pellets.

Pag may mag manufacture nito -- first in line ako sa mga bibili.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Wag sa harap kasi baka bumangga pa sa yo. Ang maganda nyan, sa gilid (siguro sa may bandang left rear wheel well para tago) para pag nag-give way ka at dumaan sa tabi mo bigla mo ratratan tapos iwanan mo na!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Drivers who counterflow with sirens