New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Drunken Australian pilot jailed

Martin Wainwright
    December 10, 2006

A DRUNKEN Australian airline pilot who tried to fly a packed plane to Dubai when he was nearly seven times over the alcohol limit was jailed yesterday.

John Cronly-Dillon, 51, was sentenced to four months. The judge told him he had brought an unblemished 25-year career to a stupid and ignominious end.

Isleworth Crown Court in London heard that the Emirates pilot claimed he had observed the ban on pilots taking alcohol within 12 hours of a flight.

He was arrested after stumbling around during a routine search at Heathrow, making incoherent jokes about "not blowing up my plane".

Douglas Adams, prosecuting, said tests found 134 micrograms of alcohol per 100 millilitre of blood, compared with the allowed limit of 20 micrograms for a pilot. He was arrested minutes before the flight was due to leave, stranding hundreds of passengers.

Judge Usha Karu said his behaviour during the search had been extraordinary. While waiting for security staff he drank water and ate a packet of chewing gum.

"The courts take a very dim view of passengers who get drunk on an aircraft. It is much worse if it is the pilot, who has a high level of duty of care to those he would have been looking after."

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2006/...081201902.html

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    buti na lang at nasakote. ilalagay pa sa peligro yung daang daang pasahero sa international flight pa mandin.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    what a painful end to his career..

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Diana's death an accident, not murder -- leaked report

Agence France-Presse
    Last updated 12:01pm (Mla time) 12/10/2006

LONDON -- A long-awaited report into Princess Diana's death in a Paris car crash will confirm a French probe that it was an accident and refute theories of a plot by British intelligence, news leaks said Sunday.

The report by Lord John Stevens, the former Metropolitan Police commissioner, has concluded that Diana died in a traffic accident after her driver lost control of the car while drunk at the wheel, the leaks said.

Fleeing paparazzi photographers, Diana, 36, her boyfriend Dodi Fayed, 42, and their chauffeur Henri Paul, 41, were killed in a car crash in a Paris underpass in the early hours of August 31, 1997.

Bodyguard Trevor Rees-Jones survived.

A two-year investigation in France blamed Paul for losing control of the black Mercedes because he was driving too fast while high on drink and prescription drugs.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    poor pilot, what a way to end his career.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    It was yesterday din yata when a closed van collided with a PUJ in QC area. The PUJ driver was drunk. IMO, most accidents I've known occur when a driver is drunk and still driving....so far I have 6 data points....3 friends of mine, 2 on my own and 1 for my father. He-he what a difficult way to learn our lesson well. So this Christmas, during the parties....just drink red wine or bubbly champagne....he-he...sa bahay na lang maglasing kung gusto.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Most accidents that occurred between 8 pm and up to wee hours of the following morning are directly or indirectly caused by drunk drivers.

The drunk drivers got off the hook by bribing the traffic investigator not to put the drunk driving in the police report.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    Most accidents that occurred between 8 pm and up to wee hours of the following morning are directly or indirectly caused by drunk drivers.

The drunk drivers got off the hook by bribing the traffic investigator not to put the drunk driving in the police report.
    If found under the influence of liquor,What's the penalty? In Japan, a penalty of 300.000 yen ( I think now it's 500,000yen) + the license cancellation...and difinitely you can not bribe the police otherwise thats another offense.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Grabe naman iyan. Mabuti na lang at nahuli kaagad. Malaking peligro iyan...

:starwars:

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    tama buti nalang na huli..mahirap na baka maka aksidente pa...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Don't Drink and Drive or Fly!