New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Instead of making a new thread, my question is slightly related to this thread.

Is it legal for non-Doctors/Surgeons etc to have them MD emblems on their car? Because I've seen a few people selling them on the internet and just got me curious.

TIA.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote:
    basta always remember "a barking dog never bites." [/b]

Quote Originally Posted by Vexel9 View Post
    I think im going to have to disagree with this one. I got my ass bit by a dog that was barking like crazy!

Hahaha!!! natawa ako dito a.:rofl:

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Yes, there are lots of untrained, undertrained ambulance drivers out there. These are usually the ones that drive those ambulances full of politocos names on the sides. Most big name ambulance companies do not tolerate such driving.

Interestingly, an ambulance in action is more akin to 'controlled chaos'. To the untrained eye some maneuvers can seem like inviting danger or downright dangerous but in reality they are controlled maneuvers to make ambulances safer.

Take for example, slicing across 4 lanes of traffic. An ambulance will do this randomly to shake off tailgaters who are looking for a quick ticket out of traffic. This discourages other drivers from tailgating because they know they cannot outmaneuver a fully outfitted emergency vehicle.

Siren tones also change depending on what the ambulance is doing. High density traffic? Open road? Approaching a 4 way crossing? There are different siren tones for different situations and drivers should be trained regarding this.

Even when going against the flow of traffic or crossing a stoplight, there are still certain safety measures that need to be undertaken.

It's not as simple as hitting the siren and driving as fast as you can.
    I remember this one time we were going to QC to fetch a COPD patient who was having difficulty of breathing and we were in a cross-section where a stoplight was showing a red light in our side of the street. There was this one car in front of us blocking our way and the ambulance driver turned his siren on briefly about three times.

The car owner got out of his vehicle, tapped the driver's side mirror and asked, " Emergency ba talaga yan? Asan ang pasyente nyo?" Being the accompanying doctor, I just pretended not to notice them, he he he... I was thinking it was the driver's fault. The driver just apologetically said, " Wala ho, wala ho." Then refrained from turning on his sirens again.

I asked him, "Bawal ka pala mag-sirena pag walang pasyente?" The driver just shrugged.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzipino View Post
    Instead of making a new thread, my question is slightly related to this thread. Is it legal for non-Doctors/Surgeons etc to have them MD emblems on their car? Because I've seen a few people selling them on the internet and just got me curious.

TIA.
    I've even heard of Med Reps being tasked to distribute "Doctor on Call" emblems to doctors and some of them would just give the doctor some samples instead of the emblem then using the emblem for their own personal use.

You see, sometimes doctors would be ambushed by medreps and asked to sign for some samples. Being too busy, the doctor wouldn't bother to check what he was signing for. Some medreps would even hide the sample specified on the paper by covering it with the flap of their notebooks.

One medrep told me she was stopped by a police officer once and asked to produce her PRC license. She just went on her pa-cute mode then gave the policeman some of her vitamin samples and he let her go.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Maliban sa Pilipinas, meron bang ibang bansa na gumagamit din ng On-call stickers or something similar ang mga doctors?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Doctor on Call