2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    old blue update mo kami ha...ay Gen. miting pala...hehehe
    hmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    hmmm...

na intriga na talaga ako...

how was old blue, aka Gen. Miting behaving pala?

i have read about old blue in one thread...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    para fair tayo sa mga Pangandaman, ito naman ang side nila...

We were attacked first - DAR chief
    By Katherine Adraneda Updated December 29, 2008 12:00 AM
    Agrarian Reform Secretary Nasser Pangandaman vehemently belied yesterday the accusations of a 56-year-old businessman that the government official’s politician-son and his bodyguards beat him and his 14-year-old son during an altercation at the Valley Golf and Country Club in Antipolo City last Friday.
    In an interview with The STAR, Pangandaman turned the tables on Delfin de la Paz, asserting that it was the businessman and his children who started the squabble that eventually led to a brawl.
    “Parang baliktad ’ata yung kwento (It seems the story is incorrect),” Pangandaman replied when asked for his reaction regarding published reports quoting De la Paz’s version of the incident.
    “Yung anak ko ang unang nilusob nila, iyon ang nangyari doon… Sila ang lumusob kasama yung dalawang anak nya (They first attacked my son, that was what happened… They attacked with his two sons),” he said.
    Pangandaman told his version of the story over the phone while on his way to Baguio yesterday. He said he came from Pangasinan where he checked several Department of Agrarian Reform projects, and expressed regret that he was unable to take calls of The STAR, who tried to get his side since Saturday, because of his “busy schedule.”
    According to Pangandaman, he decided to invite his family and relatives to play golf Friday at the Valley Golf and Country Club, where he has been a member for more than five years now, to spend leisure time with them since it’s the holidays.
    He said his party consisted of eight people, including his two children, among them Nasser Jr., mayor of Masiu, Lanao del Sur.
    He said his group took two flights onto the green— the first flight included him while the second flight composed of his two children and their cousin.
    “I was on the first flight and my children and their cousin were on the next, following us. The flight of the De la Paz family came next to them,” said Pangandaman, refuting the claim of De la Paz that his son breached golf etiquette by overtaking them at the South Course of the Valley Golf and Country Club.
    “My son JR, who was still waiting for someone, was following us when we teed off. When we reached the third hole, JR joined his flight so he (De la Paz) was not overtaken. It is not true. It’s on record at the Valley Golf,” he said in Filipino.
    The senior Cabinet member likewise lamented that the older De la Paz let his son hit the ball even if his children were still on the fairway. “Alam mo ba na pag natamaan ka ng bola ng golf pwede ka mamatay? (Do you know that you could die once a golf ball hits you?) But despite that, we just let it pass,” Pangandaman said.
    At the tee house on Hole No. 5, Pangandaman claimed they did not know what was really happening until a fairways marshal suddenly came.
    He said all eight of them were present when the marshal approached them and told them about De la Paz’s complaint. After a while, he said, De la Paz came along shouting at his son, JR.
    Pangandaman said it was only at this point that he learned about what was going on because De la Paz was shouting a “few meters” from the tee house.
    Moments later, at the height of the argument, Pangandaman said De la Paz “attacked” his son with an umbrella, and that the businessman’s children subsequently joined.
    He said the De la Pazes “ganged up on him (JR).”
    “I didn’t realize that that boy was only 14-years-old because he’s big. So my two children and the three of them (De la Pazes)… When I saw it I immediately went (between them) personally and pacified them. It’s not true that I did not do anything,” the DAR secretary said.
    He said anyone could interview the “many witnesses” to the incident, including the golf players of that day, and marshals and caddy of the Valley Golf Club, to determine that De la Paz’s claims were “unfair.”
    Pangandaman then challenged the media to check on the records of De la Paz at Valley Golf Club, as well the police blotter where they had the incident put down.
    He strongly denied the older De la Paz’s claim that he did not do anything to stop his son during the scuffle.
    Pangandaman said they reported to the police around Friday afternoon, after the incident at the Valley Golf Club. He even expressed disbelief that the media appeared to have been unable to see the blotter they filed before the police.
    He likewise denied the assertion of De la Paz regarding the statement of the younger Pangandaman, who allegedly said, “Hindi mo ako kilala? Ang yabang mo, ang tapang mo (Don’t you know me? You’re so arrogant).”
    Pangandaman said he is currently consulting his lawyers regarding the possible filing of a libel suit against De la Paz for propagating false information about what really transpired last Friday at the Valley Golf Club.
    He said he has medical record to prove that his sons were beaten up, suffering contusions and bruises in their bodies, as a result of the Valley Golf Club incident.
    Eyewitness account
    Rene Maglanque, a former assistant secretary of the Department of Transportation and Communications (DOTC) and Pangandaman’s golf mate when the incident took place came out to corroborate Pangandaman’s claim.
    Maglanque said it was De la Paz who was furious and had started the fistfight when he thrust the pointed end of his golf umbrella at Nasser Jr., hitting the latter on the belly.
    He said this act led Hussein to defend his brother.
    Maglanque made the recollection on the Dec. 26 incident in a letter to the membership committee of the Valley Golf and Country Club in a bid to have the incident investigated by the committee.
    He said he was with Pangandaman’s group that included Arnel Estacio, Atty. Faisal Abdulah, while the second flight was composed of Hussein Pangandaman, Adnan Pacasum, Nasser Jr., and Farah Locsin.
    Also registered was Hussein’s eight-year-old son because he could not be left alone in the clubhouse.
    Maglanque said Nasser Jr. and Locsin came late for their golf game, which forced them to catch up with their flight then at Hole 4, accompanied by a marshal and their caddies on two golf carts, in the process overtaking the group of the De la Pazes.
    After an outburst of protest from the elder Dela Paz, Maglanque said Nasser Jr. immediately explained that they were just catching up with their flight and that they were registered to join the flight.
    According to him, golf balls started raining on them even as the De la Paz group were hitting drives without shouting “Fore!”
    Maglanque said it was the elder De la Paz who confronted them about the matter, which eventually led to the physical altercation.
    Police protection
    But De la Paz and his children are sticking to their side of the story.
    “The world is f***ed up. Two politicians beat up a defenseless 56-year-old father and his 14-year-old son at a golf course. I swear to God, I thought golfers were decent people. You would think politicians were decent people. I guess no,” said daughter Bambee, 18, during an interview.
    Meanwhile, Calabarzon police director Chief Superintendent Perfecto Palad said they will provide security for De la Paz and his son, Bino Lorenzo, 14.
    “We are now coordinating with the victims’ family with regard to the number of security personnel they wanted. We would secure them for as long as police presence is demanded,” Palad said in an interview.
    He explained that the Cainta and Antipolo City police responded to the Valley Golf and Country Club after receiving reports that the De la Pazes were beaten by a group of men headed by Nasser Jr. last Dec. 26.
    “My men failed to find the armed group. But we were able to gather witnesses including the daughter of De la Paz, Bambee, who witnessed the whole incident,” said Palad.
    Based on Bambee’s testimony, Palad said the Antipolo City police who took cognizance of the case, have prepared physical injuries and anti-child abuse charges against the Masiu mayor and his companions.
    “The cases are now ready for filing but we could not do so because of the long holidays,” said the Calabarzon police director.
    According to Palad, they are also determining whether or not to include the DAR chief in the charge sheet, because according to Bambee, he was in the vicinity but failed to pacify his son and his companions.
    Palad said they are also determining whether the mayor and his companions involved in the incident are licensed gun holders and were armed with permit to carry firearm outside residence (PTCFOR).
    He said he would recommend the cancellation of the PTCFOR of Mayor Pangandaman and his companions because of their violent behavior. – Rainier Allan Ronda, Non Alquitran

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Liars! Abusado mga yan!!!! Mas abusado pa kung sa bayan nila kaya walang asenso ang mga bayan nila!!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Poor security and PR response by Valley Golf. Ayaw pa maglabas ng statement ang club at baka buweltahan.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    it seems na playing safe pa ang Valley Golf... nakikiramdam pa if the higher ups will be be siding with the Pangandaman or not.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Assuming na grupo ni dela Paz ang nag-instigate ng away. Pangandaman's group had the goons, este "bodyguards". They had the guns. In short, doon pa lang may unfair advantage na. Pero, ito opinyon ko lang naman. Palampasin ko na yung 56-year-old, pero pati ba sa 14-year-old na bata, na-intimidate sila? At di pa nakuntento, pinatulan at ginulpi pa!

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    How could a gang composed of a 56 year old and two kids aged 18 (girl) and 14 (boy) even contemplate attacking a group of men. One flight of 4 men, worse two flights of 8 men? Unthinkable!

If it's true that the 56 year old father has a reputation of being hot headed, then getting beaten up would have put him in his place. What gets me is that they also attacked the 14 year old boy. They had the goons and the guns. Clearly superior resources and firepower. It'll be very difficult to prove the family of 3 attempted to maul a group of 4-8 men.

What made it worse was that these looneys didn't seem to have enough. They beat up the dad again in the club house. Ano iyun? Back-9? Nag-mulligan sila ng gulpi?

They (the vics) should sue Valley Golf for negligence and for being unable to protect its members and guests from these crazy politicos. Where was security all this time?

Word of warning to these politicos. Our day will come.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Oh. They were attacked first?

Tell that to the marines of H-world.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ab_initio View Post
    ^^sadly, i am of the impression that it's always a place where criminal fat deals are concluded...

a status...

sadly too, lots of social climber out there...maybe these are all those who misbehaved???... wanna keep up? but no means to sustain it? steal!!! these are the stories i heard, wihich, fortunately, did not find its way to the tube or news papers...
    Lahat naman ng naggo-golf may kaya. Golf will make you use your brain talaga. If you watch in TV parang walang kwenta. But in person grabe these guys really put a lot of thinking every shot even my ex got into playing golf, natuto lang sa dad nya.

BTW she also likes chess and other crazy puzzle games. But she's not a geekoid

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
DAR chief, son allegedly mauls golfers [2012 edit: and now security guards, too]