New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just ranting.

I was along the end of Old Balara [where Katipunan Avenue starts]. When I signalled to turn right into the UP compound, a silver Isuzu Hilander [ZDT 347] in front of me but in the lane to my left swerves into my lane. I slam on the brakes and let it through. It was kinda wierd for it to swerve in front of me since the road into UP is a two lane road and both of us could make the turn without getting in each other's way. I just let it slide.

The Crosswind straddles both lanes of the UP road. From behind I could see that it has an LCD monitor on the dashboard that was on. Maybe the driver was just distracted watching **** or something. I could also see that it has the words 'DOOR OPEN' made up of hand-cut reflectorized tape on its tailgate door handle so I presume its one of those colorum 'shuttle service' AUV's [so that passengers know where to open the door].

When we reach the junction where vehicles could turn right [and emerge somewhere inside the UP Campus] it signals right and moves to the right. Because I was going to the UP gate near Philcoa I signal left and move to the left lane to pass it.

As I was passing the Crosswind [with it's turn signals still flashing for a right turn], it turns left! I hear a soft thud but could not ascertain if the Crosswind has hit me another vehicle. I did not feel any violent vehicle motion or anything odd. But in my mind, the possibility that the Crosswind has struck my passenger side rear quarter panel was very real.

I did not stop my vehicle anymore as I was in a very crime-prone area and I do not want to risk a carjacking over a fender bender. And with the standard OEM engine immobilizer, the statistically preferred method of stealing a Nissan Patrol GU is by carjacking.

The Crosswind was still behind me when I exited the UP Philcoa gate into Commonwealth. It disappeared shortly after.

When I checked my vehicle, there was a huge black gash on my passenger side quarter panel, midway up to the start of the taillamp. Thankfully the gash was just the black plastic of the Crosswind's side mirror which has transferred onto the vehicle body. I removed it with some Turtle wax Polishing Compound and Turtle Wax spray wax. However, there was a shallow dent at the point of impact. I'm hoping PDR will work but even if it does, gastos and abala pa din...

Sana ma-total wreck ang Crosswind na iyon one of these days...

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    From your 'statement', Crosswind looked like a shark looking for a kill.
    Either you're too kind or I'm paranoid.
    Buti na lang you had the presence of mind to jot his number down
    and remain cool.
    [SIZE="1"]DESIGN is the missing link in the Philippine auto industry.[/SIZE]

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    I did not stop my vehicle anymore as I was in a very crime-prone area and I do not want to risk a carjacking over a fender bender. And with the standard OEM engine immobilizer, the statistically preferred method of stealing a Nissan Patrol GU is by carjacking.

The Crosswind was still behind me when I exited the UP Philcoa gate into Commonwealth. It disappeared shortly after.
    looks like target ang sasakyan mo ah. napa police blotter mo na ba sir?
    tandaan ko nga ito [SIZE=3]silver Isuzu Hilander [ZDT 347][/SIZE]

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi ko po sure kung distracted lang siya since naka-on yung dash mounted LCD monitor, or may back seat driver siya barking out directions, or hindi siya talaga from the area, or talagang may masamang balak. I just erred on the side of caution.

Hindi ko na napa-blotter. Anong traffic sector kaya ang may sakop sa UP and saan ang station nila?

Tinago ko na muna yung sasakyan.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune...Pero its quite scary na maaring ganun nga ang modus operandi ng mga ibang carjacker...i bump ka ng medyo luma na sasakyan..tapos saka ka tutukan. . Dapat talagang magingat.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Hindi ko po sure kung distracted lang siya since naka-on yung dash mounted LCD monitor, or may back seat driver siya barking out directions, or hindi siya talaga from the area, or talagang may masamang balak. I just erred on the side of caution.

Hindi ko na napa-blotter. Anong traffic sector kaya ang may sakop sa UP and saan ang station nila?

Tinago ko na muna yung sasakyan.
    tama yun sir lay low muna...
    teka sir, iilang tao ba sakay nung xwind na yun?. kung iisang tao lang pweding distracted lang yun o di kaya dispalinghado utak. malabong carnapper kung nagsosolo sya di ba?

otherwise kung may napansin ka noong isang sasakyan pang sumusunud with at least more than one katao ang laman.
    Last edited by dbuzz; November 18th, 2007 at 08:38 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dbuzz View Post
    tama yun sir lay low muna...
    teka sir, iilang tao ba sakay nung xwind na yun?. kung iisang tao lang pweding distracted lang yun o di kaya dispalinghado utak. malabong carnapper kung nagsosolo sya di ba?

otherwise kung may napansin ka noong isang sasakyan pang sumusunud with at least more than one katao ang laman.
    Sir, hindi ko ma-ID kung ilan ang laman ng Crosswind kasi super black lahat ng tint pati sa harap. Yung LCD monitor sa dash nakita ko lang kasi maliwanag and I was directly behind it.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    another reason why lcd's should not be on the dashboard as they can distract the driver. our roads are full of undisciplined drivers as well as motorcycle drivers that dart in and out of the road.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Nanonood ba ng **** sa lcd nya?

Good example ang presence of mind dito by not confronting the ogag in a crime-prone area kundi the situation will get worse. Minsan kasi ang ibang motorists nandidilim na ang paningin in situations like these and make bad decisions.

Mukhang colorum nga siguro yun.

Ingat lang tayo mga peeps.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tama yung ginawa mo sir otep, mahirap nang matsambahan, lalo na nga't notorious ang lugar na yun. kahit nman cguro babaan mo ung driver ng crosswind na sa tingin mo e colorum na bumibiyahe, kakamutan ka lang din ng ulo nun at sasabihin na wala silang pangbayad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Crosswind ZDT 347 hits my vehicle