New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Hi all

I have two pictures here.

Pict 1 and Pict 2 (indicated on the photo)

The yellow dot is a sign saying "Inner lane must turn left"

by definition and common sense the inner lane is the last lane on the left

FYI there are no physical road separators (concrete barriers)

IMHO, the problem here is lack of signs, so unless you place clear signs here that the lane besides the inner lane is also for turning left because you can only do that if whats ahead is a dead end, you should be only using the inner lane "The last lane on the left" to turn left and not HOG the other lanes!!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Sir, tama ang pic 2. turn left ung dalawang lane. Ung last lane lang going staright to Edsa. Pag nag straight ka doon sa gitnang lane huli ka ng mokong na traffic enforcer. May barrier yan, kaialnagan nasa pinaka kanan ka pag going straight.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wala ba painted sign dun sa road mismo, yung arrow na turning left? nahuli ka TS na dumiretso na andun ka sa 2nd lane (there are only 3 lanes, right outer, middle and left inner)? there are only 3 lanes so kung andun ka sa 2nd lane dapat diretso ka huwag ka mag-left turn. kaso ang problema dyan ginawa nilang 4 lanes kaya yung 2 inner lanes ang pa-left turn. pwede mo i-contest yan, sabihin mo since 3 lang yung lanes at nasa middle lane ka e di ka dapat required mag-left turn.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    If you look closely and notice sa pecture, may barrier yan eh seaparating ung mag turn left papunta meralco ave. and going straight to Edsa.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Isn't there a barrier? I pass by that area and Picture 2 is what happens in practice. You could contest it as previously mentioned.

too short
    Last edited by _Cathy_; April 13th, 2013 at 11:56 PM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jresperanza View Post
    Hi all

I have two pictures here.

Pict 1 and Pict 2 (indicated on the photo)

The yellow dot is a sign saying "Inner lane must turn left"

by definition and common sense the inner lane is the last lane on the left

FYI there are no physical road separators (concrete barriers)

IMHO, the problem here is lack of signs, so unless you place clear signs here that the lane besides the inner lane is also for turning left because you can only do that if whats ahead is a dead end, you should be only using the inner lane "The last lane on the left" to turn left and not HOG the other lanes!!!
    According to their rule in this particular area, once you get inside the barrier, you have to turn left. I know this, because I also made the same violation. But if traffic officers here truly understand standard motoring rules, 2nd lane should be allowed to go straight.

That's the issue, a lot of implemented traffic rules here are either not logical or not according to international standard road rules.

Or sometimes, new rules are introduced not to improve traffic flow, but to trap people and force them to end up violating (and sometimes coughing out a few hundreds of pesos).

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    FYI that barrier was removed already. So as long as youre not in the leftmost lane, you can go straight.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    tama yung picture 2 ever since ganyan na dyan. about the barrier, dati meron yan but it was removed recently lang. For those going there ng first time, malilito ka nga since there are no signages na yung inner 2 lanes ay dapat turn left.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    last month ata tinanggal yung barrier dyan. pag nandun ka sa loob ng barrier, left turn ka talaga. kung walang barrier, yung middle lane going straight dapat,

10. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    nadale ako dyan dati. nasa third lane ako kaso sakop pa ng barrier. Kumanan ako sa 4th lane, ayun hinuli.

Kulang talaga mga marker/signs dyan.
    Ngayon wala na yung barrier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast