New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ano727 View Post
    According to their rule in this particular area, once you get inside the barrier, you have to turn left. I know this, because I also made the same violation. But if traffic officers here truly understand standard motoring rules, 2nd lane should be allowed to go straight.

That's the issue, a lot of implemented traffic rules here are either not logical or not according to international standard road rules.

Or sometimes, new rules are introduced not to improve traffic flow, but to trap people and force them to end up violating (and sometimes coughing out a few hundreds of pesos).
    this is so true. that's why i've lost all hope in the improvement our traffic situation.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I pass by here regularly. There are no more barriers here.

Now its, 3 lanes turning left and one (and a half?) lane to go straight to EDSA. If you go straight while in those 3 lanes, huli ka. Or, if you turn left on the 4th lane, huli ka rin.

I would think that they had adjusted the rules here due to volume. There are more cars turning left that going straight hence they have allocated 3 lanes to turn left and its not a mixture of going left and going straight. I've seen a lot of accidents there that had cars going straight on those lanes clipping cars turning left.

They will always pull that line of 'Ignorance of the law is no excuse', hence it would be better to plan ahead with your trip and be familiar with some of the hotspot in the Metro.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    I pass by here regularly. There are no more barriers here.

Now its, 3 lanes turning left and one (and a half?) lane to go straight to EDSA. If you go straight while in those 3 lanes, huli ka. Or, if you turn left on the 4th lane, huli ka rin.

I would think that they had adjusted the rules here due to volume. There are more cars turning left that going straight hence they have allocated 3 lanes to turn left and its not a mixture of going left and going straight. I've seen a lot of accidents there that had cars going straight on those lanes clipping cars turning left.

They will always pull that line of 'Ignorance of the law is no excuse', hence it would be better to plan ahead with your trip and be familiar with some of the hotspot in the Metro.
    ignorance of the law does not apply here!!! why??? because there is no sign saying that the 2nd and 3rd lane besides the inner lane says must turn left!!!

its the Traffic enforcers ignorance of the law which applies here also carelessness bec there is just one small sign saying "inner lane must turn left"

they are lucky that im in a hurry, or else i could have served them a citizen's arrest for endangering motorist due to no signage... now that's ignorance of the law

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Nuong pumunta kami ng GH, Friday last week,- kailangang nasa 4th lane ka (outermost lane), para ka maka-diretso, dahil iyong first 3 lanes ay puro left turn sa Meralco Ave..... Ayos ano?

18.8K:dance1:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jresperanza View Post
    Hi all

I have two pictures here.

Pict 1 and Pict 2 (indicated on the photo)

The yellow dot is a sign saying "Inner lane must turn left"

by definition and common sense the inner lane is the last lane on the left

FYI there are no physical road separators (concrete barriers)

IMHO, the problem here is lack of signs, so unless you place clear signs here that the lane besides the inner lane is also for turning left because you can only do that if whats ahead is a dead end, you should be only using the inner lane "The last lane on the left" to turn left and not HOG the other lanes!!!
    IMHO yung 2nd lane from the center Island is either straight or left turn. The Inner most lane lang ang left turn. Madaming trap dyan sa area na yan nadali ako sa j. vargas cor san miguel ave naman. nasa likod ng puno yung signage kya makikita mo lang pagnasa tabi ka na na "inner lane must turn left" so every time maging green yung stop light going to megamall may hinuhuli yung mga TE dun.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    madali lang naman para wag ma trap sa mga ganyan

- tignan ang stoplight kung may left turn light, kung meron, malamang eh left lane must turn left.
    - kung hindi sigurado kung yung second inner lane eh turning lane din, may arrow naman dun sa kalsada mismo.

Ang alam ko kasi kaya ganyan yang kanto na yan eh dahil sa traffic volume, sa umaga kasi, marami talagang lumiliko pa left jan compared sa straight to EDSA.

IMHO, yung standard na international road rules, nagsstart yan sa design ng kalsada, eh dito basta masimentuhan lang ok na. pansinin nyo sa ibang bansa, pag may left turn, lumalaki yung kalsada to add another lane turning left. ganun din sa right turns, that way, hindi maaapektuhan yung mga going straight. dito kasi satin panay road widening lang ang alam, eh lakihan mo nga yung kalsada, kung hindi naman tama yung mga intersections, may bottleneck pa rin sigurado.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jresperanza View Post
    ignorance of the law does not apply here!!! why??? because there is no sign saying that the 2nd and 3rd lane besides the inner lane says must turn left!!!

its the Traffic enforcers ignorance of the law which applies here also carelessness bec there is just one small sign saying "inner lane must turn left"

they are lucky that im in a hurry, or else i could have served them a citizen's arrest for endangering motorist due to no signage... now that's ignorance of the law
    Better take your concerns to MMDA and see if you could get results there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12