New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Some CC companies would credit it to your billing account. Tried it once na pero umabot yata ng 6-7 months at sobrang hassle.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ///MPower View Post
    Just get a chargeback from your CC company. They should have offered you to refund you the entire amount, but, hey, they don't always have the best customer service in this country.

Either way, it's nothing to get too worked up about. Take a deep breath, and remember that you're in good health, you can afford a nice watch, and this should all be worked out in a week or two.
    Yeah your right, i'm just pissed i should have used the money to buy some Mining Shares, easily would have earned 50k Php within 3 months, instead of losing 10k Php...i'll sort it out on tuesday after the election, maybe i'll run amok inside their store ha ha :D

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by frt View Post
    I bought a watch last FEB 19,2007. They promised it will arrive in a month. Its now May 12 and i have asked for a full refund. The chronos megamall branch to be exact told me that they will refund me the money less 10k + pesos because thats the commision of Citibank Visa. (Card i used to buy the watch). Kung hindi ba naman sila oGAG, Tan*^&*, mother fu^%$&!!!!!! They asked that i talk to Citibank VISA and claim the amount. Talk about ZERO CUSTOMER CARE.

This website is useless! http://www.lucernejewelers.com/main.php

What local watch forums?? Can you post URL's?..i sent an email to info*lucernejewelers.com and no reply until now.
    Bakit may commission an Citibank eh wala namang benta? E puwede naman i-reverse yung charge ah.

Ok, what did Citibank say about it?

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    I feel you are entitled to a full refund as they failed to deliver your watch in the promised time. However it's a mistake to exhaust your energy talking to sales people. Write a formal demand for a full refund and send it via registered mail with return card.

Companies like this do this to their customers because too often the customers involved do nothing about their complaints. It's your choice to be a victim or to demand full restitution. They are not entitled to deduct a penny from you regardless of their expenses. Your position is that you paid for a product and it was not delivered in the time promised. You are entitled to a full refund.

Pencils

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, they do have a point. A certain % of sales goes to the credit card companies for every swipe of your card.

Try talking with your Citibank if they can do a chargeback on your card for the failed delivery of a product to you.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Shouldn't the business owner have the capability to reverse the CC charge as well?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    once the card is swiped, automatically deducted na dun yung bank commision (5-6% + 0.5% tax) so the merchant cannot reverse the charges per se. what the merchant can do is talk to the bank about the charge. kung di pa din mareverse dito, dapat abonohan nila yun since they didn't deliver as promised..

kung wala pa din mangyari dito, punta ka na sa DTI...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by raikonen View Post
    once the card is swiped, automatically deducted na dun yung bank commision (5-6% + 0.5% tax) so the merchant cannot reverse the charges per se.
    Is this true?

Then hassle pala on the part of hotels when they charge a certain amount upon check-in, parang "deposit" kumbaga. Because they have to have a team to call the CC companies to do reversals.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    i can't speak for everybody.. but in our case, here's how it works..

you buy an item from us worth 10k paying thru CC. once na-swipe na yung card, automatically credited na yun sa acct namin sa bank(epci, in our case). bago makarating yung pera sa acct namin, binabawasan na yun ng 5% commission + 0.5% tax, so bale 9,450 petot na lang papasok sa passbook namin. sa pagkakaintindi ko, di sa CC company napupunta yung commission kundi sa banko..

just in case magkaroon ng unfortunate event na di matuloy yung sale, di na namin kayang ibalik yung full amount since binawasan na nga ng bank. dito ngayon papasok yung discretion ng merchant. kung kasalanan talaga ng shop kaya di natuloy yung sale, dapat ibalik nya in full yung amount at abonohan nya yung inawas ng bank. kasi di naman kasalanan ng customer yun.

til now, wala pa naman ako experience na nagpareverse ng charge so di ko alam kung paano procedure dun...

not sure regarding sa hotels.. parang deposit na yata yun so ile-less na lang siguro sa total bill mo yun.. so wala nang reversal na gagawin..

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by raikonen View Post
    not sure regarding sa hotels.. parang deposit na yata yun so ile-less na lang siguro sa total bill mo yun.. so wala nang reversal na gagawin..

Sorry OT na. But to clarify, the deposit can be more than your actual bill so your card is swiped once for example for 8000 pesos, and your bill comes out to 4500, your card is swiped once again for 4,500, but the charge slip of the 8000 is destroyed.

In their case I think, they don't get paid unless they give the charge slip to the institution.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Chronos Lucerne Management