New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Good morning tsikoteers, there's something that just happened a couple of minutes ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    As I was passing into t. sora, from commonwealth, I saw a yellowboy flag down a jeepney. When I was pulling alongside the jeep, it suddenly cut into my lane and sped away.

It could have ended there, but no!

This traffic officer apparently noticed that the following vehicle was a pickup truck, so he knocked at my window (sana di nya ako nakita. dark naman tint ko sa gilid e), and called for a police officer. At this point I realized what they intended to do, and knew that I had no choice but to follow that jeep.

So they boarded the bed, and I tried to chase down the jeep along tandang sora, with MANY close calls along the way (t. sora is essentially a 2-lane road, even if it has 4 or 3 lanes). The jeep was obviously trying to get away - it was accelerating hard throughout, and cutting vehicles left and right, and was also actively preventing me from overtaking. At some point the driver almost hit a car head-on. He was paying no attention to either the shouting of the officers, nor to the continuous beeping of the air horn.

The chase ended when he tried to overtake vehicles right before the pasong tamo bridge (near seaoil), and was boxed in by vehicles and a dead end. He apparently realized that it was futile, and stopped his vehicle.

When he was apprehended, I heard him shout out

"WALA AKONG PRENO!"

What the hell? I ran away right after this.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some tsikoteers have pointed out that this was legal, so I don't take anything against the officers. It was simply an unsettling experience. I coudn't imagine the consequences if I failed to halt that jeepney. Also, I just left those officers there with the driver. I wonder if they were expecting a ride back to the intersection.

I never imagined participating in a police chase.

I'm much more pissed at that jeepney driver. Granted, he may have had no violation, but making excuses na wala syang preno? oh come on. We're not stupid. He won't dare drive that fast if he didn't have brakes.

Sana hindi ako balikan ng kumag na yon.

Good day, and ingat kayo lagi!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    sana
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    Good morning tsikoteers, there's something that just happened a couple of minutes ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    As I was passing into t. sora, from commonwealth, I saw a yellowboy flag down a jeepney. When I was pulling alongside the jeep, it suddenly cut into my lane and sped away.

It could have ended there, but no!

This traffic officer apparently noticed that the following vehicle was a pickup truck, so he knocked at my window (sana di nya ako nakita. dark naman tint ko sa gilid e), and called for a police officer. At this point I realized what they intended to do, and knew that I had no choice but to follow that jeep.

So they boarded the bed, and I tried to chase down the jeep along tandang sora, with MANY close calls along the way (t. sora is essentially a 2-lane road, even if it has 4 or 3 lanes). The jeep was obviously trying to get away - it was accelerating hard throughout, and cutting vehicles left and right, and was also actively preventing me from overtaking. At some point the driver almost hit a car head-on. He was paying no attention to either the shouting of the officers, nor to the continuous beeping of the air horn.

The chase ended when he tried to overtake vehicles right before the pasong tamo bridge (near seaoil), and was boxed in by vehicles and a dead end. He apparently realized that it was futile, and stopped his vehicle.

When he was apprehended, I heard him shout out

"WALA AKONG PRENO!"

What the hell? I ran away right after this.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some tsikoteers have pointed out that this was legal, so I don't take anything against the officers. It was simply an unsettling experience. I coudn't imagine the consequences if I failed to halt that jeepney. Also, I just left those officers there with the driver. I wonder if they were expecting a ride back to the intersection.

I never imagined participating in a police chase.

I'm much more pissed at that jeepney driver. Granted, he may have had no violation, but making excuses na wala syang preno? oh come on. We're not stupid. He won't dare drive that fast if he didn't have brakes.

Sana hindi ako balikan ng kumag na yon.

Good day, and ingat kayo lagi!
    bro, gandang expirience yan .. hehehe .. ano walang brakes? hmm di mo binat*kan? ok na yun atleast naka tulong ka sa mga yellowboys ..

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Galing naman ng experience na yan... hehehe..
    iam3739.com

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I am certain it was a scary experience. I had a similar one some years ago, when I rode with a policeman on a motorbike, chasing a confirmed carnapper and a girl-companion. (Hey! it was my car!).... It's a pity (but on hindsight, it was actually a relief) that we did not corner them. Else, I am almost certain that they'll be part of the earth by now and my car would have been riddled by bullets and splattered with...... Anyway, I recovered the car, which they left abandoned a few kilometers from where we encountered them....

6000:mobile:

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008

galing! :thumbup:

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    grabe din no. totoo palang nangyayari na nacocommandeer ang sasakyan para manghabol. pero thank God na rin na simpleng jeepney driver na may traffic violation lang ang hinabol nyo. kung sindikato pa yan o bank robber naku malamang butas butas na sasakyan mo at baka hindi mo na naikwento sa amin ito. ingat na lang next time and bravo for helping out!

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Thanks for the concern. Actually, ngayon ko nalang naisip na pwede pala akong mabaril kung armado yung hinahabol... Ang main concern ko kanina e mabangga, o kaya magitgit nung jeep

I wonder kung ano violation nung hinayupak na yon

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    tama sir. mahirap po pag may baril na. pero buti nakatulong kayo na mahuli yun. acton star ang dating! bat naman po kasi wala mga panghabol na mobile or motor yung mga yellowboys.. kaya siguro naisipan na tumakas ng dyip na yun.
    pero galing parin.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Nice one Sir

Its a good thing nothing bad happened sa iyo at sa vehicle mo.

Which made me ask, what if ung vehicle mo ang naaksidente? will the officer be responsible for it? If not, will the insurance accept the details of this incident during claim?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vhenok View Post
    Nice one Sir

Its a good thing nothing bad happened sa iyo at sa vehicle mo.

Which made me ask, what if ung vehicle mo ang naaksidente? will the officer be responsible for it? If not, will the insurance accept the details of this incident during claim?

Now, that is a good question.....

6000:mobile:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Chasing a runaway jeepney