New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by xninjax View Post
    sa instance na ganito.. can you sue them for damages kahit pa tinulungan ka nila?
    Yes... on the grounds that it's their negligence that caused the injury in the first place.

Not really surprised... part of the MOA ceiling collapsed before. You have a very horizontal building built on shifting, settling reclaimed land, exposed to rain, salt spray, the elements and a huge load of foot and vehicular traffic... things are going to break.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by xninjax View Post
    sa instance na ganito.. can you sue them for damages kahit pa tinulungan ka nila?
    Depends. They can offer compensation and treatment and have the victims sign a quite claim.

Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    pero syempre para sayo the Ayalas can do no wrong

the explosions in Park Square and Serendra that killed a number of people...

never happened
    And no one made issue on center atrium of the new Glorietta Two leaking either (some months back). I just can't comment if it's similar to the one at Aura since i have not been to that mall.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Yung sa corner ng Reposo? Katabi nga lang ng sementeryo. Scary.
    At least tahimik most of the year if you're facing it. Come to think of it, live humans are scarier.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Looks like a lot of problem wih SM constructions. A taxi driver told me that the SM owned condominium along Taft also collapsed while under construction, burying a lot of its workers. Haven't verified this with students from Taft though.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    Looks like a lot of problem wih SM constructions. A taxi driver told me that the SM owned condominium along Taft also collapsed while under construction, burying a lot of its workers. Haven't verified this with students from Taft though.
    i vaguely remember this incident, though i don't recall anything about workers getting buried.

Back in the 90's when there was a string of fires/accidents at MegaMall, there was very little media coverage on it. i guess these days the media is harder to control. buti na rin, it keeps mall owners on their toes.

To be fair, all the major mall owners have their epic fails too: leaky roofs, flooded basements, robbery, fires, suicides, etc.
    Last edited by badkuk; September 17th, 2013 at 10:37 AM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Meron chismis about the SM condo development in Sta. Mesa.

Supposedly extremely haunted because a lot of construction workers died building it. Or was it because they got trapped during some storm then perished?

Forgot the details, but... is it really true?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Yung sa corner ng Reposo? Katabi nga lang ng sementeryo. Scary.
    Having a "Poltergeist" moment?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoner View Post
    Meron chismis about the SM condo development in Sta. Mesa.

Supposedly extremely haunted because a lot of construction workers died building it. Or was it because they got trapped during some storm then perished?

Forgot the details, but... is it really true?

It was at the SM STA MESA... not the condo but the older mall side.

The story is party true that people died during the flood. Employees of the supermarket and ace hardware were at the warehouse section (basement) doing their job when the power went out and the flood suddenly broke through the riverside wall. They couldn't escape because of the darkness and force of the rushing water. After the flood, their bodies were found still inside the basement after they have pumped out the flood waters.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    i vaguely remember this incident, though i don't recall anything about workers getting buried.

Back in the 90's when there was a string of fires/accidents at MegaMall, there was very little media coverage on it. i guess these days the media is harder to control. buti na rin, it keeps mall owners on their toes.

To be fair, all the major mall owners have their epic fails too: leaky roofs, flooded basements, robbery, fires, suicides, etc.

These days practically everyone has a camera in their mobile phone so it is so quick to document and upload to the public. Back then, it was so different.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Yung Ondoy flooding sa SM Centerpoint is now a urban legend, like the snake in Robinsons...hehehe

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    sino ba ung civil contractor ng sm moa?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast