New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Note this happened last night but news only got out tonight...

MANILA - An 11-year-old boy was injured when a portion of the ceiling of the Mall of Asia in Pasay City collapsed yesterday.

In a statement, SM Supermalls said part of the mall's South Arcade ceiling was "damaged" because of the rains and strong winds.

"The damage was minimal but an 11-year-old boy was slightly injured. Full assistance was given to him by the SM team," SM Supermalls, which is owned by the country's richest man Henry Sy, said.

"We apologize for whatever inconvenience this may have caused our customers and are repairing now the ceiling in the area," it added.

Netizens including artist-activist Carlos Celdran shared photos and videos of the accident which were allegedly taken after the UAAP Cheerdance Competition held at the nearby Mall of Asia Arena.

Last edited by Monseratto; September 16th, 2013 at 07:40 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    this already happened in moa long time back. i witnessed the ceiling collapsed, luckily, no one was injured. sm certainly knows how to make bad publicity like this not reported by the media. for whatever reasons, media is not interested at all. bakit kaya?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Is it because of poor construction? If that is the case, I wonder how SM condos are built?

Anyhow, I avoid anything SM as much as I can. I really don't like the way they run their business.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    $$$ at play.

In either case, okay lang naman lumabas sa mga diyaryo... basta wag lang frontpage

5. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Is it because of poor construction? If that is the case, I wonder how SM condos are built?

Anyhow, I avoid anything SM as much as I can. I really don't like the way they run their business.
    its because MOA is built on extreme conditions, the sea at your side attacks your metal parts (rust) plus the high winds... not to mention ground movements because its a reclamation site...

extreme maintenance inspection should apply in order to avoid this...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In fairness mukhang ok yun jazz condo sila sa Jupiter ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    #retzing

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post

pero syempre para sayo the Ayalas can do no wrong

the explosions in Park Square and Serendra that killed a number of people...

never happened

8. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Na-mainstream ba toh?

MOA na yan ha!

9. Join Date
    May 2011
    sa instance na ganito.. can you sue them for damages kahit pa tinulungan ka nila?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    In fairness mukhang ok yun jazz condo sila sa Jupiter ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    #retzing
    Yung sa corner ng Reposo? Katabi nga lang ng sementeryo. Scary.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; September 16th, 2013 at 09:25 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast