New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Our driver came to me last Saturday to tell me na may problema yung Exped ng mom ko, apparently ayaw gumana yung drivers side window tsaka umiilaw yung check engine light, so I told him na hindi ko masyado gamay ang Expedition kaya ipasok na lang nya sa casa the following Monday morning since coding naman din yung sasakyan.

Come Monday morning, my driver called me up to say that the people at Ford Libis didn't want to accept the car dahil puno daw sila balik na lang daw the next day, so I told him just to tell them that he came from Cavite just so matanggap lang yung sasakyan, I even told him to tell them na di naman kailangan gawin agad basta maipasok lang, eventually my driver managed to convince the people at Ford Libis to accept our car, I also asked him to tell the service advisor to call us first before replacing any parts. Ang pinagtataka ko lang kung puno nga talaga sila kaya tinanggihan yung car namin eh bakit may diagnosis na kaagad?

At about 11:00am yesterday, we got a call from Ford telling us that the PCV hose needed replacement and also the power window motor needed to be replaced as well and it costs P1,800 and P22,000 respectively, so I gave them the go signal to replace the PCV hose and also told them not to fix the power window. After lunch time, we got another call from Ford, this time, they told us that the fuel pump needed to be replaced as well as it causes the check engine light to come on at a cost of P35,000, I told them to hold it first as I wanted to explore other options. I called up my suking talyer who fixes my Benzes, I talked to the owner and asked him if they could fix the Exped and how much would the parts cost, called them up again after 30 minutes and the shop owner told me that he was able to find the fuel pump and power window motor in stock from his supplier and would cost anywhere from 18-20K for the fuel pump and 10.5K for the power window.

At this point, i decided to pull out the car from Ford Libis and to just have it fixed at my suking talyer since the savings would be significant. After pulling out the car from Ford Libis this afternoon I instructed my driver to bring to the talyer and to have everything just fixed there instead. About an hour after my driver left the car there I decided to check it out since it was very near my office. To my surprise the mechanic approached me to tell me the the windows are working fine and it was just a loose connection that he managed to fix, at that time, they were about to tackle the "check engine light" problem which Ford Libis insisted is coming from the faulty fuel pump, at this point, the shop owner suggested that we do a diagnostic test first before removing anything, so they plugged the scanner into the OBD port and found out that there was indeed a fault in the engine, it says something like "lean fuel mixture on both cylinder banks" yun pala this was only caused by a fault on the computer and can be easily erased by the scanner, with the fault erased the check engine light no longer stayed on.

The bottomline of the story is huwag basta magpapaniwala sa sinasabi ng casa sa mga kailangan ayusin at palitan ng parts. Imagine!!! We were almost ripped off by 60k from the crooks at Ford Libis for something na hindi naman pala sira.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Kadalasan magkakutsaba ang mga mekaniko at sevice advisors sa kalokohan...

2nd or more opinion talaga kailangan kapag big amount of money na ang involve sa pagpapagawa ng auto........

thanks for sharing it....

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    At this point, i decided to pull out the car from Ford Libis and to just have it fixed at my suking talyer since the savings would be significant.
    Where is this good mans' talyer? Contact number and name please.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Balasubas pala Ford Libis..........

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    duh, halos lahat naman ng casa ganyan, nothing new. sa mga naghahabol lang ng warranty ang service ng casa, aside from that dapat palagi kang sa labas nagpapagawa na (of course with a trusted mechanic).

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yep

nothing new

what do you expect from casas?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i had a two week old motolite battery in the focus w/c they managed to hocus pocus! bad service is one thing but stealing is worse!

sabi nila sira na daw....so sabi ko bago pa yun ah. so to cut the story short i agreed to have it replaced since i can use the one in the car in our service vehicle w/c can use a new batt.....well lo and behold yung sinoli sakin na battery ay ford brand na instead of motolite!

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    * cktlcmd, PM sent

Update: Nakuha na namin yung Expedition from the talyer, final cost P2,000. P500 to free up the power window and P1,500 for the computer resetting.
    Last edited by ronw123w124; September 22nd, 2010 at 10:45 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    * cktlcmd, PM sent

Update: Nakuha na namin yung Expedition from the talyer, final cost P2,000. P500 to free up the power window and P1,500 for the computer resetting.
    Suggest you have your vehicle scan once more. I think, they just erase the fault code on the ECU and did not correct the problem (lean fuel mixture). The trouble code might come again and the check engine will light up again.

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    * cktlcmd, PM sent

Sir, pa pm din nun shop. thanks..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Caveat Emptor: Ford Libis