New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    my friend's pickup was carnapped last friday. his ride is a 1996 silver pickup, plate no. CMX 573. following is his email to us. medyo komedyante tong kaibigan ko, pero siguro pilit na lang ang pagpapatawa nya.

salamat sa kung ano mang tulong. ingat na rin sa lahat.

Flash Alarm

It would do well to remember July 8, 2005 - a date that would go down in history as one that fell on a Friday, the day when 10 cabinet members of GMA, Cory Aquino, and the Makati Business Club asked the president to resign - as the day when my car was stolen.

The crime was so brazen it defies imagination. It was parked comfortably right next to the side gate of our office in UP Village.

At 1:00 on a bright, sunny Friday afternoon I left it there. At 6 p.m. I went back to it only to find a bright, clean spot. No witnesses, no commotion, not even a single spot of hardware or blood in sight.

Our vehicle is rather old and gray, a 1996 L200 pick-up, with license plate CMX 573. One that has served me and my wife well, ferrying us to the office and the kids to school, faithfully conking out every so often and leaving its tailpipe clanking behind exactly every two weeks, like clockwork. And just when I have installed a rather expensive "flexible tailpipe" the better to absorb the natural vibration of diesel engine, it was carnapped.

The officer at Camp Caringal said that Q.C. is really notorious for car theft. These days are particularly prone, what with most police forces busily guarding rallies for or against GMA, to "keep peace and order," leaving just a skeletal force to do other police work.

The officer at Camp Crame gave other heartening thoughts. Cars that old, he said, are normally stolen not for purposes of sale, but in pursuit of other crimes. Thus we could take comfort in the fact that it just might be abandoned after serving the nefarious scheme of the criminal who's now behind its wheel, such as a grisly murder or a car bombing. So, just in case a silver gray pick-up truck would suddenly figure in a major national disaster, please take special note that it WASN'T me . Or my wife. Or our children, since they are six and four years old and therefore cannot drive yet.

Meanwhile, for you conscientious and caring colleagues out there, please do take a lookout for a silver gray L200 pickup (again, plate CMX 573) that may either be lying lonely in an inconspicuous spot (in one piece or in chopped pieces), noisily thundering in a car chase, being sold, or lumbering away in the rustic roads of Sulu or Batanes, please contact me.

And do please take care, everyone. With the way political events are unfolding, the next victim may be your dog.

erehes*yahoo.com

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    that's some good writing... will be on the lookout.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    If the carnappers would read his writing, they might return the car. Anyway, does he have theft insurance?

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    ...was the ride insured?

will be on the lookout too bro!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    thanks for the info bro...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    nice sense of humor. thanks for the heads up.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks for the heads up. The plates are pretty easy to spot here in the metro since they are out of town plates.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    haharangin kong lahat ng 1996 L200 gray pickup. for sure kung gagamitin ito the plates will be changed

sorry to hear about this incident

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Will keep a lookout.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nice piece... Will be on the lookout as well.

The UP-Kamias area is quite notorious for car theft BTW.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
CARNAP ALERT: 1996 Mitsubishi L200 silver/gray CMX 573