New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Tanong ko lang kung meron na dito na pinatigil ng pulis para i-check ang loob ng oto at kapkapan ang driver at mga sakay nito.

Last night, while we were on our way to San Juan, we took the 3rd St. in New Manila. We saw two taxis being searched by QC policemen & what's more disturbing is one man was being bodily searched.

When we were on our way home naman, right in the intersection of Edsa & Ortigas Ave (Galleria). The car right beside us was flagged down by an MMDA traffic enforcer. He asked the guy driving the H.Accord to park his car right at the middle of EDSA (this is the area near their outpost). Along with that car, there were about 3 other cars being searched by MMDA t.enforcers. One was even checking the gym bag in the trunk of one Nissan Sentra.

What's bothering me is, LEGAL po ba ang ganong ops? Considering it's not a check-point area. Di ba kailangan ng search warrant? Are MMDA t.enforcers allowed to do such search?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    AFAIK they would need a search warrant.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    yup kelangan ng search warrant yun unless you waive your right and you say yes you can search my ride.. but you can always say no to them and if they still checked your car then you can sue them for tresspassing maybe? violation of privacy,illegal search and too ugly for being a police officer kung police nga sila
    Last edited by gwapito69; September 2nd, 2005 at 08:02 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    yes. i agree, there should be search warrant, or they can file a formal complaint to the apprehending officer. unless, they are being caught in the act of doing something against the law (i.e. being suspected of illegal activities, entrapment operations, etc).

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    bro -- nag post na ako ng rules of engagement ng police with respect to checkpoints sa wang wang thread

(mga mods -- suggestion lang po: why not open a new thread on checkpoints para alam ng lahat)

unless hot pursuit yun, hindi lang basta basta mag establish ng checkpoints ang mga pulis

kung nag mamaneho ka at bigla ka lang pinara and its not a properly set up checkpoint, you can refuse to allow them to serach without the necessary warrants.

of course, ingat lang mga bro. when people with guns stop you, manatili pa rin ang patience, diskarte and most of all, wisdom.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    ako biktima ng ganyan, nangyari sa roxas boulevard kanto ng kalaw. it helps din if u have a number of a lawyer para dial agad kung mapilit pulis mag search ng kotse. its illegal for them to search your vehicle without a search warrant. pwede search pero dapat visual inspection lang through the windows lang and pag may nakita sila sumthing illegal (in plain sight) dun ka na dapat mag-comply if pinapabuksan sayo kotse for searching.
    ako noon, mahina loob ko kc wala ako number ng lawyer and ayoko ma-agitate pulis kaya sunod agad ako nung pinababa ako ng kotse.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by natasatanas
    ako biktima ng ganyan, nangyari sa roxas boulevard kanto ng kalaw. it helps din if u have a number of a lawyer para dial agad kung mapilit pulis mag search ng kotse. its illegal for them to search your vehicle without a search warrant. pwede search pero dapat visual inspection lang through the windows lang and pag may nakita sila sumthing illegal (in plain sight) dun ka na dapat mag-comply if pinapabuksan sayo kotse for searching.
    ako noon, mahina loob ko kc wala ako number ng lawyer and ayoko ma-agitate pulis kaya sunod agad ako nung pinababa ako ng kotse.
    bro -- we now in the process of forming a tsikot law group. puede naming pag-uusapan ito at kung sino sino sa mga tsikot law members gusto makibahagi at magbigay ng numero nila para maging serbisyo sa kapwa tsikoteers

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    ^^ sir, i think thats a good move! sa dami ng mga abusado nasa pwesto, tayo kawawa! porke't mga mambabatas sila, they twist it to their will.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    i second the motion... good move nga yan sir prez regarding tsikot law group. at least magkakaroon ang mga tsikoteers ng lakas ng loob umangal pag mali procedures. ma-print nga yong rules of engagement...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by natasatanas
    ... pwede search pero dapat visual inspection lang through the windows lang ...
    what if your windows are up and pinababa nila? considering that they can reach inside the cabin, should you or should you not lower your windows?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Car search in Non-Check Point areas