New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    san po nangyari sa multilevel?

hirap talaga L300 dali buksan, ako nga pinakabit ko yun lumang stock alarm ng isang tskot namin sa L300FB ko. gulat nga yun ibang delivery trucks pag nasa delivery bay ako ng isang bldg, yun L300 ko di-alarm with sound/blinkers, keyless entry pa hehehe

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    L2, Ranger, Hilux, HiAce, FX nabubuksan namin pag naiwan namin susi sa loob (medyo ulyanin kasi hehehe...), often times, less than a minute. Alambre lang ang katapat.

Yung kasamahan ko dati sa trabaho, nagpark sa may Uniwide dyan sa macapagal, may binili lang pagbalik ninakaw na mga test equipment namin worth around half a million petot. Buti na lang insured yun. Grabe dyan sa area na yan! Dapat barilin na agad mga carnappers/jackers na yan!!!! Wag ng huluhin, katayin na agad!!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Tama! Yang mga carnappers, thieves, carjackers na yan putulan ng kamay, paa, at icastrate pa!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    AFAIK, yong free parking sa may streets sa likod at sides ng SM Mall of Asia, yong fronting the baywalk promenade, wala talagang guards dyan. At hindi talaga binabantayan. Park at your own risk yata talaga. Dun sa north side, may mga karatula na nagwa-warning about those Bukas Kotse Gang.

So kung bukas na yong MOA covered/multilevel parking, dun na lang kayo mag-park. Of course, yong mga namamasyal sa tabing dagat at nag-e-exercise very early in the morning sa weekends, should take extra precautions, like park their vehicles where they can see it.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    L300s are very very very easy targets.

My cousin's L300 (if any of you are wondering by now, I have a lot of first cousins... nearly 70 or so... ) was robbed a grand total of four times by our hospital in Manila (behind UST). They had three new head units provided under warranty/insurance.

They couldn't stop parking in that area, because there was no other place to park... sad thing is, even when the radio had the removable face, the thieves would still take it.

---

RE: MOA... bad trip yan... I just parked in the open parking yesterday at 8:00 am... but I parked my car in the extreme corner of the lot, in full view of the pedestrians and weekenders on the Baywalk behind SM, and near the traffic guard.

Even if it takes me forever, I'm always picky about my parking spot (inaaway ko nga misis ko dahil dito)... I'm paranoid of dings, dents and bukas-kotse, as I've had a couple of bad experiences in mall parking lots, myself.
    Ang mahirap naman when parking sa pinakadulo (away from door dings--yeah I've been there too) less visibility kaya di nababantayan masyado. Pag malapit naman sa mga tao, minsan naman gasgas ang abot, o kaya sila mismo (yung guard) yung kasabwat. Mahirap na talaga..

Quote Originally Posted by Blackraven View Post
    I hope someone stops these criminals and then chop their hands off.

In any case, baka gusto nilang subukan ang bagong Previa ko for next year.

Those assholes won't be able to get past the Wireless Entry System and sensor detection w/o the presence of my key.

One touch for a break-in tapos boom, the vehicle alarm goes on. Tapos impossible na nakawin or i-hotwire ang vehicle w/o the presence of my Smart Key. Hell, they might not be able to pass through the tight encryption ng TVSS.

I just hope those assholes won't even try do something foolish to my upcoming vehicle.
    I pray they don't mess up your car if they don't get anything from it...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, it was a great spot... it was right in front of the intersection traffic guard, so he was looking around (better than the door entrance guards who don't pay any attention to what happens less than five feet from their post), and in full view of all the joggers... was kinda stressed that later in the day, the car was completely covered by other cars parking on the street, though... so maybe next time, I should park on the street...

But personally, when there's pay parking, I don't park anywhere else... maybe if I have to go to MOA again, I'll do that.

----

Haay... in my time, I've seen it all... metal rulers, metal hooks cut out of flat sheet (both for old cars with easily tripped lock mechanisms), alambre (too difficult though), and now? Hard nylon packaging twine and a plastic board... even faster than the alambre method, works with lock tops that are too smooth to catch with the alambre, and it won't damage your door seals, either.

I never leave stuff in the car anymore, unless it's locked in the glovebox... medyo mahirap lang if you've got a laptop with you... may laptop bag weighs a ton...
    Last edited by niky; September 26th, 2006 at 12:38 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    just last week, just after milenyo visited us all we went to MOA, parked inside the covered paid parking area.

when we returned back home i did not notice till the other day that my innova's spare tire was missing. how did the thieves do it? to lower the tire you must have the rear door opened nandun yung butas para ipasok yung parang rod na tool. hindi naman naputol yung kadena sa may gulong at hindi naman nabuksan yung oto. how did they do that? professionally done!

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    ^I suspect that knob (used for lower the spare tire) can be turned if someone were to crouch underneath. I will look underneath our Fortuner tomorrow. Btw, it is good to invest in the spare tire lock being sold by Toyota for Php 3,xxx.xx+. To be extra safe, you can also attach a padlock on the tire holder itself. I guess the hassle of so many locks is better than losing and buying another spare tire.

btw, the covered parking area has a roaming secu on a bike. truly professionally done or inside job

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    hahay ..

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    pati pala spare tire ninanakaw na. diba metal rims lang naman yun usually?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Bukas Kotse * Mall of Asia open parking