New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Who are those uniformed guys standing around an area in Buendia right after you cross the railroad tracks from Osmena Highway? I see three guys with 3 different uniforms and they were lounging around this motorcycle (not a police big bike). Smoke belching task force? Or the usual mulching session?

When I turned into Buendia, I immeiately noticed them, since I was among the first vehicles to turn into the avenue after the light turned green. They were apparently eyeing their next victim (from the way they were looking around, and smiling), and when I crossed, one of them walked towards my direction and seemed to flag me down. He did this even when I was like travelling around 25kph already, one car distance behind another ride in front of me. He even tried to get in between, but I ignored him and drove straight on. Looking back using my rear view mirror, I can see that from his body language, it seemed like I ws a 'prey that escaped the predator'. His two 'friends' didn't bother to stand from their relaxed leaning pose on their motorcycle to come after me. Mind you, I was still driving on around 25-30kph, I was trying to see if they'd come after me.

My companion was wondering aloud what violation did I do, of which I am not aware of any. These days, I will certainly not stop for 'anyone who'd just flag me down for no apparent cause. Hahanapan lang ako ng violation if I ever stop for these predators.

Seems that they are now targeting private vehicles that have diesel engines. Nag upgrade na sila from their favorite L300 van targets. Desperate yata sila, since I hardly saw any L300 or delivery vans driving along that time.

Oh and after around 5 seconds, I encountered 3 jeepneys belching smoke like hell.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseler View Post
    Who are those uniformed guys standing around an area in Buendia right after you cross the railroad tracks from Osmena Highway? I see three guys with 3 different uniforms and they were lounging around this motorcycle (not a police big bike). Smoke belching task force? Or the usual mulching session?

When I turned into Buendia, I immeiately noticed them, since I was among the first vehicles to turn into the avenue after the light turned green. They were apparently eyeing their next victim (from the way they were looking around, and smiling), and when I crossed, one of them walked towards my direction and seemed to flag me down. He did this even when I was like travelling around 25kph already, one car distance behind another ride in front of me. He even tried to get in between, but I ignored him and drove straight on. Looking back using my rear view mirror, I can see that from his body language, it seemed like I ws a 'prey that escaped the predator'. His two 'friends' didn't bother to stand from their relaxed leaning pose on their motorcycle to come after me. Mind you, I was still driving on around 25-30kph, I was trying to see if they'd come after me.

My companion was wondering aloud what violation did I do, of which I am not aware of any. These days, I will certainly not stop for 'anyone who'd just flag me down for no apparent cause. Hahanapan lang ako ng violation if I ever stop for these predators.

Seems that they are now targeting private vehicles that have diesel engines. Nag upgrade na sila from their favorite L300 van targets. Desperate yata sila, since I hardly saw any L300 or delivery vans driving along that time.

Oh and after around 5 seconds, I encountered 3 jeepneys belching smoke like hell.
    I'm passing that area everyday and I only those white or yellow uniforms. They are MAPSA I supposed?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Ogags talaga mga pulis dyan. Nakotongan din ako dyan but the cops
    who did it employed a most unusual style.

I was a pedestrian and not a motorist in this incident. I was walking
    from Cityland to Cash-and-Carry where my car was parked. After I crossed
    the railroad tracks and was approaching the cemented walkway under the
    flyover, I absent-mindedly threw my cigarette butt sa tabi ng gutter.
    Sinita agad ako nung MAPSA enforcer re "littering" daw. He told me to go
    to the Makati patrol car parked under the flyover.

Pag approach ko sa mobil, nakadungaw na yung pulis sa passenger seat (dalawa sila sa harap). He gave me a very warm smile and said: "Halika brod, pasok ka muna sa loob." Pag pasok ko sa likuran, napansin ko ang daming Playboy and Penthouse magazines na nakakalat sa backseat. The cop with a warm smile handed me a magazine and said: "Sige brod magbasa-basa ka muna. Tingnan mo ang ganda ng mga chiching dyan!" And then he added: "Alam mo, mabigatyang kasong littering, one thousand ang fine at may 2-days community service pa. Kung gusto mo, magbasa-basa ka muna at magpahinga (the aircon was on)ka muna dito sa loob.Konting donasyon lang kahit P200 ipit mo na lang dyan sa magazine pag tapos ka na."

When I nodded my assent, the cop again gave me the sweetest of smiles. They both got off and joined the MAPSA enforcer around 20 meters away,leaving me all alone inside the police car.After mga 5 minutes of browsing thruthe magazines, kinuha ko na yung wallet ko but instead of P200, beinte (P20) petot lang inipit ko sa magazine.

Pag baba ko nag "thumbs-up" ako sa kanila. Kaway/saludo naman yung tatlong kumag sa akin. I walked away at a brisk pace always looking over my shoulder at them. Kung bumalik agad yung pulis sa kotse niya to check the magazine,talagang babanatan ko na ng takbo! Buti naman tuloy-tuloy lang yung kwentuhan nila until I rounded the corner to Cash-and-Carry.

For the past years hindi na ako dumadaan dyan sa corner ng Buendia and
    Osmena hwy. Baka ma-mukhaan pa ako nung 2 pulis na yun at ipa-salvage
    ako! I'd pay a fortune just to see the look on their faces pag bukas
    nila nung magazine at et-neb ang nalalglag! bwahahahaha!

BTW, this happened quite a few years back. Mukhang totoy pa ako noon at
    walang kamuwang-muwang. Maybe tinitignan din nang pulis kung sino ang
    kaya nilang paandaran ng ganitong modus.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I think this is the oldest traffic trap there is. It's been there for at least 15 years.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    mabuti na lang at nakatakbo ka. baka susunod na i-charge nila sa you indecent act. nagbabasa ng playboy sa public area

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by buriroy View Post
    Ogags talaga mga pulis dyan. Nakotongan din ako dyan but the cops
    who did it employed a most unusual style.

I was a pedestrian and not a motorist in this incident. I was walking
    from Cityland to Cash-and-Carry where my car was parked. After I crossed
    the railroad tracks and was approaching the cemented walkway under the
    flyover, I absent-mindedly threw my cigarette butt sa tabi ng gutter.
    Sinita agad ako nung MAPSA enforcer re "littering" daw. He told me to go
    to the Makati patrol car parked under the flyover.

Pag approach ko sa mobil, nakadungaw na yung pulis sa passenger seat (dalawa sila sa harap). He gave me a very warm smile and said: "Halika brod, pasok ka muna sa loob." Pag pasok ko sa likuran, napansin ko ang daming Playboy and Penthouse magazines na nakakalat sa backseat. The cop with a warm smile handed me a magazine and said: "Sige brod magbasa-basa ka muna. Tingnan mo ang ganda ng mga chiching dyan!" And then he added: "Alam mo, mabigatyang kasong littering, one thousand ang fine at may 2-days community service pa. Kung gusto mo, magbasa-basa ka muna at magpahinga (the aircon was on)ka muna dito sa loob.Konting donasyon lang kahit P200 ipit mo na lang dyan sa magazine pag tapos ka na."

When I nodded my assent, the cop again gave me the sweetest of smiles. They both got off and joined the MAPSA enforcer around 20 meters away,leaving me all alone inside the police car.After mga 5 minutes of browsing thruthe magazines, kinuha ko na yung wallet ko but instead of P200, beinte (P20) petot lang inipit ko sa magazine.

Pag baba ko nag "thumbs-up" ako sa kanila. Kaway/saludo naman yung tatlong kumag sa akin. I walked away at a brisk pace always looking over my shoulder at them. Kung bumalik agad yung pulis sa kotse niya to check the magazine,talagang babanatan ko na ng takbo! Buti naman tuloy-tuloy lang yung kwentuhan nila until I rounded the corner to Cash-and-Carry.

For the past years hindi na ako dumadaan dyan sa corner ng Buendia and
    Osmena hwy. Baka ma-mukhaan pa ako nung 2 pulis na yun at ipa-salvage
    ako! I'd pay a fortune just to see the look on their faces pag bukas
    nila nung magazine at et-neb ang nalalglag! bwahahahaha!

BTW, this happened quite a few years back. Mukhang totoy pa ako noon at
    walang kamuwang-muwang. Maybe tinitignan din nang pulis kung sino ang
    kaya nilang paandaran ng ganitong modus.
    I think totoy ka pa nga nun time ay, mukhang totoy lang pala na yun kasi pumasok ka sa loob ng mobile car...hehehehhe I would not have enter the mobile car unless they are bringing me to the precint for a major crime that I have committed and I'm in handcuff..hehehehe but for a minor offense no way that I would sit in the mobile car....hehehe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    those guys are the MAPSAs, nagaantay ng mga coding especially during window time, siyempre walang coding sa osmena then yun ibang motorist kakanan sa buendia thinking that it is pasay pero yun bungad na yun is makati pa rin....but I think now wala na rin yatang window time ang Pasay....yan ang madalas na nakikita kong hinuhuli nila..and it's a "profitable" area...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    those guys are the MAPSAs, nagaantay ng mga coding especially during window time, siyempre walang coding sa osmena then yun ibang motorist kakanan sa buendia thinking that it is pasay pero yun bungad na yun is makati pa rin....but I think now wala na rin yatang window time ang Pasay....yan ang madalas na nakikita kong hinuhuli nila..and it's a "profitable" area...
    yup! yan usually napapansin ko diyan. mga coding na auto nahuhuli. malakas kita nila dyan.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    edit kumakaliwa pala yun mga north bound and hinde kumakana from osmena...
    Last edited by shadow; December 10th, 2007 at 12:24 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    OT: Pero kagabi, around 7:30 pm sa may lacson near espana after pagtawid ng seaoil, meron pumapara sakin naka MMDA uniform. Hindi ko alam kung bakit nya ko pinapara kaya hindi ko sya hinintuan. Pero mukhang modus operandi lang din. Pumipito pa sya sakin para huminto ako. Meron bang pito ang mga MMDA? Feeling ko pekeng MMDA to kasi mukhang bagong bago ang unifrom nya. Bihira lang ako makakita ng MMDA na mukhang bago ang uniporme.

Ingat lang kayo sa area na yun.

Buendia Trap?